Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Madden Nfl 19 Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 10 August 18 at 14:45Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss the Madden Nfl 19 walkthrough
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes94622,733
    Posted on 10 August 18 at 20:33Permalink
    This will be uploaded within the week (hopefully a few days) for anyone interested :)
  • redsx16redsx16219,225
    Posted on 15 August 18 at 19:01Permalink
    Thanks for the guide! I noticed a typo in the choice section where I assume the good scrambler should be Cam Newton.

However, there are differences. Don’t pick Watson, he’s the “middle of the park” option. If you’re a good passer and bad scrambler (running as the QB), pick Tom Brady. If you’re a good scrambler and bad passer, pick Tom Brady.
  • PangoBaraPangoBara1,128,986
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 04:45Permalink
    redsx16 said:
    Thanks for the guide! I noticed a typo in the choice section where I assume the good scrambler should be Cam Newton.

However, there are differences. Don’t pick Watson, he’s the “middle of the park” option. If you’re a good passer and bad scrambler (running as the QB), pick Tom Brady. If you’re a good scrambler and bad passer, pick Tom Brady.
    Well... it definitely shouldn't be Tom Brady. Man just can't run
    ~Ya boy Santino Hartford
  • KillersquirelzKillersquirelz1,100,021
    Posted on 05 February 19 at 05:41Permalink
    You've left out an achievement, which I'm surprised hasn't been caught until now.

On the Longshots page, you forgot to link the achievement for "Return to Sender". You have text describing where it's supposed to be, but the actual achievement in the walkthrough is missing, which you can also see when you look at the walkthrough summary and see it's only 975 GS.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,212,995
    Posted on 05 February 19 at 09:28Permalink
    I'll get that added in now.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,343,669
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 19:09Permalink
    Encounter 9 against the Dallas Cowboys has 3 drives!
    IMO just as hard as the other game.

Also going offside in Encounter 7 doesn't seem to work. Might have been patched.
  • AL1AL1905,275
    Posted on 24 January 20 at 18:22Permalink
    As a previous year sports game, I doubt many are playing it, but I just did, so others may be in the same boat. I recommend a couple of fairly quick changes.

1 - Move Longshot ahead of MUT. The auction house is fairly dead, so using Longshot for one of your chemistries is necessary to cut down on the coin grind. Fortunately I thought ahead and did that. Still, I had to do an extra 8-10 challenges to get enough coins to get a 2nd chemistry. And since the Longshot players are all offense, highly recommend a focus on D for 2nd one. I waited until I had 2 D players from one team, then hit the auction house for 3 more as I grinded for coins.

2 - In Longshot, Devin: Encounter 9, this is not helpful at all. It is not "just complete 2 drives". As I finally learned after a ton of attempts, it's really "don't make any mistakes for the first 2 drives, then you have to score a TD on drive number 3." I'm not even 100% on no mistakes for the first 2 drives, but better safe than sorry. The point is, the walkthrough description did not explain what actually had to be done. I wasted a ton of time trying to score the first 2 drives, only to find out that the 3rd drive is what really mattered.

Also, from earlier in this thread:

redsx16 said:

This typo is still in the WT.

Gerbasgamer said:
    Encounter 9 against the Dallas Cowboys has 3 drives!
    IMO just as hard as the other game.

Also going offside in Encounter 7 doesn't seem to work. Might have been patched.
    I addressed the first part of this above. Second part is also true.
    "Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes94622,733
    Posted on 25 January 20 at 16:09, Edited on 25 January 20 at 16:18 by NoHeroes94Permalink
    All other changes made in full, overseer notified to authorise so may not reflect immediately.

Regarding this one:
    AL1 said:
    In Longshot, Devin: Encounter 9, this is not helpful at all. It is not "just complete 2 drives". As I finally learned after a ton of attempts, it's really "don't make any mistakes for the first 2 drives, then you have to score a TD on drive number 3." I'm not even 100% on no mistakes for the first 2 drives, but better safe than sorry. The point is, the walkthrough description did not explain what actually had to be done. I wasted a ton of time trying to score the first 2 drives, only to find out that the 3rd drive is what really mattered.
    It's been a while since I've played this mode, after testing for this WT I haven't come back to it since. I can't precisely remember this game.Can you clarify then if drive 1 & 2 are scenario-driven, or just standard drives? May have been why I used the word complete. I can't guarantee I'll have the time to go through the entire of Longshot: Homecoming again, at least not immediately

I'll make this clearer in the interim, although he tactic of prioritising AB84 is the best advise I would have in clearing the game.

From what I can remember walkthrough is consistent insofar that if you mess up any drive before the very last encounter you need to quit out and restart.
  • AL1AL1905,275
    Posted on 25 January 20 at 17:30Permalink
    NoHeroes94 said:
    AL1 said:
    In Longshot, Devin: Encounter 9, this is not helpful at all. It is not "just complete 2 drives". As I finally learned after a ton of attempts, it's really "don't make any mistakes for the first 2 drives, then you have to score a TD on drive number 3." I'm not even 100% on no mistakes for the first 2 drives, but better safe than sorry. The point is, the walkthrough description did not explain what actually had to be done. I wasted a ton of time trying to score the first 2 drives, only to find out that the 3rd drive is what really mattered.
    It's been a while since I've played this mode, after testing for this WT I haven't come back to it since. I can't precisely remember this game.

Can you clarify then if drive 1 & 2 are scenario-driven, or just standard drives? May have been why I used the word complete. I can't guarantee I'll have the time to go through the entire of Longshot: Homecoming again, at least not immediately

I'll make this clearer in the interim, although he tactic of prioritising AB84 is the best advise I would have in clearing the game.

From what I can remember walkthrough is consistent insofar that if you mess up any drive before the very last encounter you need to quit out and restart.
    As far as I could tell, the first 2 drives meant nothing. As I said before, I do not know for sure if negatives are possible on those 2, but here was my scenario (which I came about through a ton of frustration, failure, and restarts):

You enter with score 24-17 Texans. I did not convert on 3rd down at some point in the drive. Next drive still started with score 31-24 Texans. Again, did not convert on 3rd at some point. Still, the next (3rd) drive started at 34-38 Cowboys. I only scored on that 3rd drive, and left the game with a score of 71 and was still able to fail the finale.

Even the nonsensical score seems to suggest you don't need TDs the first two drives. The Texans start with 24 points, then enter the last drive with 34, so 2 TDs is impossible. Though to be fair, most of the scores throughout Longshot make little sense.

Found a Longshot full playthrough from someone on YouTube. Dallas game starts around 2:09:00, and right before he checks his score (59.0 for Devin). His game against Dallas is TD/INT/TD. When he next checks his score at 2:43:17, it's a 67.0 for Devin. Not conclusive evidence, but he is able to throw a pick on the 2nd drive of that game and can still fail the finale. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjtRCz-89M8

[Side note: this encounter was near impossible for me. I think there's some randomness to how tough opponents are/how good your players are. Cowboys D was all world. Sean Lee was the greatest LB in NFL history. And for me AB was garbage - drops, fumbles, you name it. I mostly threw to Hopkins and Braxton Miller (#31).].

Still a greatly helpful WT, and thanks for taking the time to give it a 2nd look. Just doing what I can to help any others who are still using it.
    "Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.