Game Discussion: ONRUSH Forum

Did anyone outside the dev team play test this?

AuthorMessage
mosin360
mosin360
Posted on 12 August 18 at 02:49
The switch event is just painful to play and it just drags on. Looks like the first idea was three and out but then some idiot said nahhh, that really don't matter, lets make sure it lasts so long that people really hate it. And why even bother with AI because everything else kills you and just destroys the flow of the game. Overall it was a nice idea but badly executed. Free weekend and I will assume it will fade away.
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 12 August 18 at 02:59, Edited on 12 August 18 at 03:01 by Lockie
Yeah it's definitely my least favourite game mode because of how conservative it makes you have to play.

I found the safest tactic in single player is to just hang back behind the pack and survive until your allies take out the opposition or they take themselves out. Otherwise you have to rely on your AI allies not to die which usually ends in a loss and you have to do it all over again!
Posting from sunny Australia.
OXN3
OXN3
Posted on 12 August 18 at 14:05
Hey look, it's one of those threads where some kid who's bad at the game assumes that because he can't do it, then nobody can do it!

Despite the 4.0/5 rating that existed before he even started playing it, mosin360 assumes that they must all be wrong!
Are you listening? Okay. Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother? I hurt people.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 12 August 18 at 15:32, Edited on 12 August 18 at 18:05 by IAteA11ThePies
After the game froze/crashed for me there
10 times in a row in MP, I thought that this was going to be about that. I have now stopped counting but have also had SP crash. Anyone else having this problem, or have solutions for it?

It's not a bad game, but if it crashes all the time it's going to be hard impossible to justify buying...

Edit: This is getting ridiculous, unable to complete races due to the constant crashes/freezes had SP crash. . Didn't even get the match started this time (#6)
mosin360
mosin360
Posted on 12 August 18 at 15:32, Edited on 12 August 18 at 15:33 by mosin360
Hey look, its one of those replies from a dbag who assumes its a kid who also assumes that they are bad at the game. I didn't say I couldn't beat the mode or any mode for that matter, I was stating how jarring the mode is compared to how the game represents itself.

The game is not hard at all and if I had a week to play it I would easily 1000/1000 but some design choices show a lack of oversight by the same people who got the axe. I never said people who like the game are wrong, stop being a troll and respect other's opinions.

Yeah, crashed on me three times plus a 'loss connection' during a game thou I never was disconnected from Live.
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 12 August 18 at 16:46
I've had three crashes and two kicks to the menu because of 'loss of connection to the servers' in what is supposed to be a single player mode. Most of the problems I have occur on the last tournament in the 'Regeneration' chapter, anyone else having problems on that one?

And I 100% agree that with single player and AI these modes just don't work. Switch takes forever since the only reliable way to win is to hang back and wait, and on Lockdown the rest of your team can be miles away from the circle, leaving you outnumbered with every car on the other team in the circle. 'You're whining because you're bad at the game' isn't a valid argument as this game is more luck than skill.
Here be dragons.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 12 August 18 at 21:06
The constant crashes seem to have mostly settled for me. Probably mostly because I gave up on the MP modes.

It's a decent game, crashes aside, and pretty too - though I agree with the other about the AI needing a bit more work.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 13 August 18 at 01:55, Edited on 13 August 18 at 02:00 by Lockie
I hate whoever thought night mode in this game was a good idea. That mixed with weather effects (especially snowfall) makes the game total cancer to play because you can barely see anything.

Couldn't they have come up with a better way to make the game harder without this BS? angry

I'm enjoying the game otherwise laugh
Posting from sunny Australia.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 13 August 18 at 02:36
I didn't mind switch so much until the Superstar tier when it was impossible to keep up no matter how much boost you had, forcing you to lose turns.

I minded lockdown much more, I generally did fine on it until I was wrecked, then found it almost impossible to catch up. Some of those challenges were ridiculous, too (3 air takedowns AND win was painful for me, among a few others). The game is easy as hell (and the first half was quite fun), but being forced to fall behind is garbage.

A few other things that really bothered me - the obnoxious characters dancing like idiots at the end of every match were painful to sit through over and over and over... The time between being wrecked/being forced to watch the wreckcam/selecting your vehicle/respawing really detracted from the fast paced flow of the game. Vehicle powers (rush) often made it impossible to see what's going on in the race and generally lead to wrecks. I only played single player and experienced close to a dozen game crashes (I've never had an X1 game crash on me more than once or twice, until now). I had a few other issues but those are the major ones.

Glad I was able to finish this for free, much at the detriment to my sanity and life. I hope I never hear or see this damn game again laugh
Streets Ahead
EbonHawk01
EbonHawk01
Posted on 13 August 18 at 20:45
I enjoyed the game, but was disappointed that some of the challenges in Superstar mode are near-impossible to do solo. It seems to be focused on co-op and the game pretty much punishes you for playing solo.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 13 August 18 at 21:24, Edited on 13 August 18 at 21:25 by KBop a doo
I thought the game was really fun at first but got pretty meh quickly. In the later missions, at least in single player, it seems like the AI rubber-band to make matches closer (for example, me winning the first two matches in a best-of-three easily, but the AI destroying me while my AI teammates did nothing in the next two matches to even up the score). I pushed myself to get this achievement but was bored for several hours before then:

ONRUSHFounderThe Founder achievement in ONRUSH worth 247 pointsSuperstar - Win the Founders' Trophy

And there's no way it could keep my interest to getting all the stars.

I also had the same issue others had of the game allegedly disconnecting from online and losing my progress on the race (or god forbid tournament) in single player. No idea why the game requires online, and if it's going to require online, the online service shouldn't be so spotty. Not one of the times had I actually disconnected from Xbox Live, only the ONRUSH servers.
Larvi1
Larvi1
Posted on 14 August 18 at 00:05
Game is a budget title at best, can't imagine someone paying $60 for it. It kept crashing on me trying to grind out the checkmate medals. I found the graphics to be to muddy and hard to discern what was an obstacle vs a jump and the lighting effects they threw at you to try and add some variety just made it worse. And yeah, the AI really sucks on your team and the randomness to the respawning was frustrating as hell sometimes when you would take out the AI only have them respawn in front of you or behind you on a jump.

Fun for an hour or two but not much after that.
EX nightstalk3r
Posted on 06 September 18 at 11:20
Tried to play ranked but game keeps crashing. No problems in SP but its mostly MP game.... facepalm
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 17 September 18 at 13:01
Switch is kind of a pain but it's not to bad. I'm having fun with the game.
Sonic6L
Sonic6L
Posted on 22 October 18 at 12:33
Switch isn't as hard as the OP makes it out to be. Generally the game isn't that hard to play.
a 1WP VidMast3r
Posted on 30 October 18 at 12:53
I like when you play lockdown and the ring moves faster than the cars with boost at times.WTF. this game is sub mediocre and shoulda been ironed out more...the language coming from my mouthwarning. i prob wont 100% this but getting 2 more achieves and thats it
TB
PhillipWendell
Posted on 23 November 18 at 23:56
This game could be fixed. I love the gameplay, it's very exciting, adrenaline-inducing and very fun. The things that hold it back (IMHO) are:

- The wreck cam in single player. I couldn't care less to see it when playing single player and all you want is to quickly get back at the game. I find it completely aggravating.

- Reliance on your AI team to win tournaments. Especially in Lockdown where you have to capture zones. Sometimes your whole team lags behind and there's nothing you can do to win.

- Confusing rules, currency and achievement requirements. It took an inordinate amount of time for me to understand what the heck all the similarly-named things were. It takes away from the awesome gameplay and feels tacked on.

- Characters and vehicles are uninspiring and generic.
stepanek
stepanek
Posted on 02 January 19 at 19:49, Edited on 02 January 19 at 19:53 by stepanek
am having so much fun and getting more achievements than I am used to. Well... there was like 5 chievos in first 10 minutes of play or so... that was almost too much. Still, 345 GS points after three hours of gameplay is generous

The wreck cam in single player is pointless, there may be some reason for it, like masking background loading... still I dont care for it. Otherwise there is not much to complain about for the 12 bucks I paid for it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.