Game Discussion: DOOM Forum

How bad/easy is it.

AuthorMessage
xROGUEx206
xROGUEx206
Posted on 13 August 18 at 23:29
I've been thinking about getting this game for awhile now, especially with that new trailer out for the next one. But I was curious, how bad is boosting the MP? Is there even an effective boosting method? About how long would it be? Any answer you guys could give would be appreciated.
Its Dan
Its Dan
Posted on 14 August 18 at 08:57
So you need to prestige 8 times that's about level 450. If Doom does not make any double XP weekends then you are looking at about a 20-30 hour grind depending on how good you are in the multi-player. If they do double xp weekends then it's about 12 hours to reach that level.

I don't know about any boosting since I haven't decided to try. I've only just started the game myself too.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 14 August 18 at 10:42
..and if you just do the basegame, no DLCs's and titleupdates, the MP is about 30 minutes
OOOHHH YEAAHHH
Posted on 15 August 18 at 05:46
how often do they do double xp weekends?
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 15 August 18 at 10:59
The used to do xp events fairly regularly (every 3 months or so) but it's been a while since the last one which was in April I believe. This weekend just gone would have been a good oportunity to do another given Id Software were holding Quakecon but alas there was no event, so one is overdue.

The grind to get all the DLC achievements is a bit of a pain, but you usually level up at least once per game without any xp boost unless you're terrible. If you play a good game and get a good round score you can level up 3 times per game. Sometimes it takes a while to get into a game but now it's in Game Pass I would imagine there'll be more people playing.

As for not doing the DLC achievements you could avoid unlocking any of those achievements - you'll just have to be careful not to use any of the weapons/taunts/skins linked to them.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 23 August 18 at 21:24, Edited on 23 August 18 at 21:26 by JakThaRiPP3R84
imo terribad. everyone knows the locations of everything and it's a fuckin miracle to find any pickups, u need serious time to sink into this i only started it because i herd about doom eternal and figured i'd do em both, but after seeing the exo suit dash crap from infinite warfare im kinda not gunna bother anyway, doubt i'll bother finishing this, the guns are awful and it's like cod on quake crack, basically it's a steep as hell learning curve and not worth starting now.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 24 August 18 at 12:09
JakThaRiPP3R84 said:
imo terribad. everyone knows the locations of everything and it's a fuckin miracle to find any pickups, u need serious time to sink into this i only started it because i herd about doom eternal and figured i'd do em both, but after seeing the exo suit dash crap from infinite warfare im kinda not gunna bother anyway, doubt i'll bother finishing this, the guns are awful and it's like cod on quake crack, basically it's a steep as hell learning curve and not worth starting now.
I disagree with this comment 100%. Doom (2016) was one of the best game I have played in years. The multiplayer is a ton of fun if you are good at shooters. It's a fast paced,m unforgiving Arena shooter with a steep learning curve (like you said). I like it for the some of the reasons you dislike it, I guess!

Everyone doesn't know the location of everything, either. There's a ton of new players playing the game right now.
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 24 August 18 at 16:01
Agree with CRUM above - if you're decent at shooters you'll do fine here, if not there's plenty rookies playing now.

Dunno what Jak is talking about, there's pick-ups all over the place - you'd have to be blind to miss them, and power weapons etc are highlighted on the HUD telling you the exact distance to them as well. The game is nothing like COD either facepalm
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 29 August 18 at 01:15
it's getting a bit better but for me, 5/10 times i shoot someone and they literally dissapear, i tried my best against this one group of dudes who were killing me in 2 seconds with some freakin ridiculous combo i think static rifle+hellshot 3/10 times i get crazy lag on a 100mbit line dudes seem to teleport all over the place, this is with forwarded ports etc just get really bad lag sometimes it clears up after a match other times not, and once i figured out the quick weapon switch mp made more sense. im enjoying it a bit more it's annoying though for sure ;)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.