Game Discussion: The Walking Dead: The Final Season

pre-order bonus: The Walking Dead Collection.

• LavindatharLavindathar1,441,803
    Posted on 15 August 18 at 13:57Permalink
    So we can either wait for glitch to be fixed or get a refund?
  • HanxHanx733,689
    Posted on 15 August 18 at 15:11, Edited on 15 August 18 at 15:13 by HanxPermalink
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    You guys had how long to preorder again?
    I pre-ordered it over a week ago. Don't know why that matters though? It said in the game's description that you get immediate free access to TWD Collection.

Well, it's their loss.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,386,068
    Posted on 15 August 18 at 16:33Permalink
    Like I wrote before if you didn't go "BUY" the collection before the Final Season went live...i'm surprised so many people didn't, its the first thing I tried to do.
  • HanxHanx733,689
    Posted on 15 August 18 at 18:18Permalink
    Oriole2682 said:
    Like I wrote before if you didn't go "BUY" the collection before the Final Season went live...i'm surprised so many people didn't, its the first thing I tried to do.
    I expected it to start downloading on its own. I decided to wait until release date to see if it would download on its own then, nope. All the other times I've paid for pre-orders it would do it all on its own, so I thought this would be no exception.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,386,068
    Posted on 15 August 18 at 19:22Permalink
    I doubt whoever was behind the promotion was purposely trying to cause complications but sure did so by forcing gamers to do to the store and buy the product which showed up as free as opposed to automatically making that game appear as bought and in the download history...sucks for me I already bought a disc copy of it off a former teammate of mine last year anyway lol
  • Tatersoup19Tatersoup19905,097
    Posted on 15 August 18 at 20:48Permalink
    It just showed up free for me just now. You all might want to check to see if they fixed the issue.
  • Slipper21Slipper21692,023
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 08:38Permalink
    Also showing as free for me now. Looks like they have fixed it.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,441,803
    Posted on 17 August 18 at 00:34Permalink
    Oriole2682 said:
    Who does this naturally as everything appears in your ready to install list?
  • ShinnizleShinnizle820,801
    Posted on 17 August 18 at 04:26Permalink
    For what it's worth, I agree with Oriole... it's also the first thing I did when I pre-ordered (on Xbox.com though, not on the console)... if only to see that it said "You own this product". It didn't, but it said "Free", so it wasn't exactly rocket science to understand I had to get it that way.

See it that way... Say you pre-order The Final Season from the console, and the Collection didn't show up in your "Ready to Install" list, THEN what do you do? Surely the first thing AFTER realizing it hasn't shown up is to at least check out the store page for it, no?
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,331,479
    Posted on 17 August 18 at 23:20Permalink
    I love it how some people make it fault of buyer.

Oh well, if I dont get it I just get refund.
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • MellmerMellmer247,414
    Posted on 18 August 18 at 18:21, Edited on 18 August 18 at 19:05 by MellmerPermalink
    I pre-ordered The Final Season on the 13th and I can't find the free download for the Collection at all.

Edit: After spending an hour with support, they do not understand the concept of getting the Full Collection for free with the pre-order. They kept saying the episodes will come out in the future. Refund was given for the Final Season. No Final Season, No Full Collection.
  • Bridge188Bridge188752,150
    Posted on 19 August 18 at 20:03Permalink
    Mine showed up for free today as well - they must be doing it manually as yesterday it was showing full price (despite Xbox support emailing me to tell me my issue was "resolved" (without saying how))
  • neeker75neeker75982,745
    Posted on 20 August 18 at 03:06Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    See it that way... Say you pre-order The Final Season from the console, and the Collection didn't show up in your "Ready to Install" list, THEN what do you do? Surely the first thing AFTER realizing it hasn't shown up is to at least check out the store page for it, no?
    This.

PS: I did have a previous experience with pre-ordering South Park: The Fractured But Whole, which was giving South Park: The Stick of Truth for free. I had to go to the Stick of Truth page to download it, so the first thing after pre-ordering The Final Season, I headed to the Collection's page. It said "free". Downloaded it right away.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.