The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 14th, 2018

AuthorMessage
PuRe Pretzel
PuRe Pretzel
Posted on 14 August 18 at 03:15, Edited on 14 August 18 at 03:26 by PuRe Pretzel
It really annoys me how I can’t just download black ops 3 by itself. It’s one of my only disk games. I already have zombies chronicles.
twitter.com/jay_smith
vSully
vSully
Posted on 14 August 18 at 03:18
Quick! Everyone get ACA NeoGeo Puzzled!
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 14 August 18 at 03:23
If you purchase the AC IV season pass on 360 (currently on sale), you'll be able to redeem it for free on One. That was supposed to end sometime in 2014, but it's continued to work.

AC IV - Season pass on xbox one?
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 14 August 18 at 03:25, Edited on 14 August 18 at 03:25 by FNSUITE GHOST
Mannschaft570 said:
Tendoman77 said:
Heard some of the ACA games aren't as simple to 1k as they make out to be, what are the ones to avoid in this sale? Or are all of them really easy completions?
Looking at the ratios King of the Monsters and Puzzled seem to be the "hardest" ones in the list, all the others are probably very easy.
This one is also notoriously "hard" in comparison to others.

ACA NEOGEO KARNOV'S REVENGE

It's one of the few that requires 'skill' and has a current completion estimate of 12-15 hours.
Arcturus Being
Posted on 14 August 18 at 03:35
$9 for SWB2 lmao
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 14 August 18 at 03:45
ACA games on sale! My Lord the rapture is happening!

PS: If you need to 1K Burning Fight, check out my sweet walkthrough! wink
uyadaddysson
uyadaddysson
Posted on 14 August 18 at 04:01
Might have to get Sine Mora EX. I love shooters but never heard of this one.
OO111111
OO111111
Posted on 14 August 18 at 05:35
vSully said:
Troll supreme over here. laugh
.?.
OO111111
OO111111
Posted on 14 August 18 at 05:50, Edited on 14 August 18 at 05:51 by OO111111
There are indeed a number of ACA games that are ridiculously difficult. I've played and/or completed most of them, and these are the ones that I would recommend avoiding if you're just going for quick gamerscore:

- Blazing Star
- Fatal Fury Special
- Ghost Pilots
- Gururin
- King of the Monsters
- Magical Drop II (and III)
- Money Puzzle Exchanger
- Mutation Nation
- Ninja Combat
- Puzzled
- Riding Hero
- Sengoku 3
- Super Sidekicks
- Top Player's Golf

All the rest are varying degrees of easy and medium difficulty, although a fair amount of it does depend on your personal skill set. Not everyone who's good at fighting games will also be good at puzzle/sports/shmups, etc. The ones I listed are there because I think they're tough as nails even for people who are good at those genres.
.?.
Chief0fZombies
Posted on 14 August 18 at 05:58
Wow Battlefront II for $9.00. EA must be getting pretty desperate. laugh
Looking to clean up the 360 backlog this year.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 14 August 18 at 07:08
Ha, Neo Geo games on sale. Apparently dreams do come true.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 14 August 18 at 07:28
OO111111 said:
There are indeed a number of ACA games that are ridiculously difficult. I've played and/or completed most of them, and these are the ones that I would recommend avoiding if you're just going for quick gamerscore:

- Blazing Star
- Fatal Fury Special
- Ghost Pilots
- Gururin
- King of the Monsters
- Money Puzzle Exchanger
- Mutation Nation
- Ninja Combat
- Puzzled
- Riding Hero
- Sengoku 3
- Super Sidekicks
- Top Player's Golf

All the rest are varying degrees of easy and medium difficulty, although a fair amount of it does depend on your personal skill set. Not everyone who's good at fighting games will also be good at puzzle/sports/shmups, etc. The ones I listed are there because I think they're tough as nails even for people who are good at those genres.
Super Sidekicks isn't hard. I was the first on TA to complete it. I've a walkthrough on it too. smile

I agree with the rest though. Nam-1975 is insanely difficult too.

Kinda weird they're doing discounts only for a few selected games though. Might as well go all in.
緑眼のイアン
Posted on 14 August 18 at 07:31
MushaConvoy said:
Theres some deals missing, namely the Lego games Season Pass and some Assassin's Creed DLC too... shame the Lego DLC is XB1 only, not X360...
Still waiting on a reasonable price for Origins' DLC...
OO111111
OO111111
Posted on 14 August 18 at 07:47
neeker75 said:
OO111111 said:

- Blazing Star
- Fatal Fury Special
- Ghost Pilots
- Gururin
- King of the Monsters
- Money Puzzle Exchanger
- Mutation Nation
- Ninja Combat
- Puzzled
- Riding Hero
- Sengoku 3
- Super Sidekicks
- Top Player's Golf

Super Sidekicks isn't hard. I was the first on TA to complete it. I've a walkthrough on it too. smile

I agree with the rest though. Nam-1975 is insanely difficult too.

Kinda weird they're doing discounts only for a few selected games though. Might as well go all in.
My point exactly. I tore up my vocal chords screaming over Super Sidekicks, but Nam-1975 was a breeze both times. Mainly due to my using the run function; I forget what button it is, but it's there. But yeah, I have a friend who breezed through Magical Drop II, whereas I struggled with that. Again, it all depends on your individual skill set.

It is amusing that only a few are on sale. Seems like a clever lure into a world of dookie. Could be a herald of future sales or collections, but I still wouldn't hold my breath, especially considering how often things get delisted with no warning whatsoever.
.?.
CheshireMulisha
Posted on 14 August 18 at 07:55
I think thats the cheapest Kings Quest has been on sale so might finally pull the trigger on that. Tempted by some of the ACA games but will probably give them all a miss as I'm not bothered about cheap gamerscore at the moment.

How are the prototype games on the X1? (Although that bundles slightly more expensive than it was in the summer sale!)
CLARION 85
CLARION 85
Posted on 14 August 18 at 08:05
Tendoman77 said:
Heard some of the ACA games aren't as simple to 1k as they make out to be, what are the ones to avoid in this sale? Or are all of them really easy completions?
Puzzled and King of the monsters are the hardest on this sale
CLARION 85
CLARION 85
Posted on 14 August 18 at 08:07
vSully said:
laughnice
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 14 August 18 at 08:12, Edited on 14 August 18 at 08:13 by Yummy Baklava
There may be more add-ons for sale which TA hasn't picked up yet.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/store/collections/ultimate-g...

One that I can notice is the Fractured but Whole Season Pass.

Edit.
Refresh the page and surprise, it's been added. Not sure if anything else missing.
CLARION 85
CLARION 85
Posted on 14 August 18 at 08:17
I think it always depends on how many times you try it and get into it.... there are already a few of them which absolutely not easy and frustrating and I hate it when people think all aca are just easy then they should please play some difficult games. the ratio does not always have something to say if the game is easy even if it is only sometimes a ratio 1.3
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 14 August 18 at 08:32
CheshireMulisha said:
I think thats the cheapest Kings Quest has been on sale so might finally pull the trigger on that. Tempted by some of the ACA games but will probably give them all a miss as I'm not bothered about cheap gamerscore at the moment.

How are the prototype games on the X1? (Although that bundles slightly more expensive than it was in the summer sale!)
Prototype is tough. Prototype 2 is very, very easy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.