Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Seven Titles Leaving Xbox Game Pass on August 31st, 2018

AuthorMessage
SE6A K1N6
SE6A K1N6
Posted on 16 August 18 at 19:20
ll XcLusiioN ll said:
They should add Tekken 6 to the roster soon, Tag 2 was mostly the reason I kept buying Game Pass...
Tag 2 can be owned for $20. 6 is $15.
wolfsburgraz
wolfsburgraz
Posted on 16 August 18 at 19:50
I appreciate the advanced warning on these removals. Compared to digital games just being delisted from the store and finding out about it afterwards, it's nice to have a few weeks to do something about it.

Time to finish off The Bridge, I'm at 235/1000.
Smoky Brenneth
Posted on 16 August 18 at 19:52
TBF I basically used Game Pass as a premium demo service, if I could do it in the alloted time then great, but I wasn't scared to buy at the reduced cost. Unfortunately, for me personally, I couldn't warrant it with the amount of games I already owned. I might take up the service again, but for now I'm happy with the games I have to work through and the Games With Gold program. I feel like too many people expect it to be a subscription based unlimited gaming service which just isn't possible with any entertainment sub-industry; NetFlix, crunchyroll, hulu, spotify spring to mind.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 16 August 18 at 20:16
XenomorphFiend said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
WebChimp UK said:
BlackxRyan said:
Is it worth to launch The Bridge now ?
I quite enjoyed what I played of this - seems like it would be simple enough with a guide too.
Without a guide I would have never finished. With a guide I did it in under 8 hours.
I used a guide, took exactly 6 hours for me in total.
Man this one frustrated me. Still missing two. Followed the guide to a T. For some reason the missing wisp isnt in the location the guide shows. Apparently im not the only one that ran into it. Not sure if its worth going back just for two cheevos, hmmm? First world problems 🤣
Matthew
RAVENxSPEEDSTER
Posted on 16 August 18 at 21:19
Why are games coming and going on xbox pass anyway?? I can't make sense of it.
I PLAY TO HAVE FUN!!!! I do tend to play solo most of the time but always willing to play with others if they have time for that of course. TA ROCKS!!
Mephisto4thewin
Mephisto4thewin
Posted on 16 August 18 at 21:23
7 removals just in time for UHH
Elite1111111111
Posted on 16 August 18 at 21:52, Edited on 16 August 18 at 21:54 by Elite1111111111
RAVENxSPEEDSTER said:
Why are games coming and going on xbox pass anyway?? I can't make sense of it.
Because publishers/Microsoft make a deal to include the game in Game Pass for X amount of time and if that deal isn't renewed they leave.

10 Second Ninja and The Bridge were added a year ago, so looks like they just made a deal for a year.

PES 2018 was only added a few months ago, so they possibly had a 3 month deal.

The rest were OG Game Pass titles, so they've been in for 15 months. They possibly originally signed on for a year and renewed their deal for another 3 months.
rumandcokeslurp
Posted on 16 August 18 at 22:16
The Bridge is one of the first games I downloaded. It is a fun puzzle game. I didn't get all achievements but was satisfied with the time I put into it.
Rob
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 16 August 18 at 22:57
Smoky Brenneth said:
TBF I basically used Game Pass as a premium demo service, if I could do it in the alloted time then great, but I wasn't scared to buy at the reduced cost. Unfortunately, for me personally, I couldn't warrant it with the amount of games I already owned. I might take up the service again, but for now I'm happy with the games I have to work through and the Games With Gold program. I feel like too many people expect it to be a subscription based unlimited gaming service which just isn't possible with any entertainment sub-industry; NetFlix, crunchyroll, hulu, spotify spring to mind.
Spotify is kind of an exception to your point, since it more or less is a subscription based unlimited music service. Very few notable things are missing from the library, new things are very quickly added most of the time, and things are very rarely removed. Otherwise your point stands and largely applies to me as well :)
Fear is the mindkiller.
reforc3
reforc3
Posted on 16 August 18 at 23:25
Pacman & Galaga are the losses for me,

So probably will wait to see them on sale next week

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 August 18 at 00:43
Most of these games if not all go on sale a lot of times for pretty cheap.

Plus you still got 2weeks to try and complete it
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 17 August 18 at 00:47
I started 10 Second Ninja X and The Bridge in my Bean Dive 2018. Gonna try to wrap those up in a few weeks! dance
War...war never changes.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 17 August 18 at 02:39
Those who want to complete The Bridge before it exits, it's not that difficult. I bought it last year on sale and, while using the walkthrough to complete it, beat it in just over 4 hours. I'm sure this will differ by skill level but it shouldn't take you more than 8, and it's a fun and unique puzzle game.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 17 August 18 at 04:11
How long do the PES servers stay up anymore? Could have been a deciding factor with the game pass "lease"
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 17 August 18 at 06:24, Edited on 17 August 18 at 06:27 by Mannschaft570
sanityends said:
How long do the PES servers stay up anymore? Could have been a deciding factor with the game pass "lease"
I don't think so, knowing Konami's habits servers will probably close mid-2019. That's why I've just focused on the online achievements before it is removed, game will be dirt cheap by the time I motivate myself to go for the SP completion.
Tropan
Tropan
Posted on 17 August 18 at 07:04
Thought I had to rush to complete The Bridge, been meaning to play it for a while. Realized that I purchased it at some point, if it wasn't for TA game collection tracking, I wouldn't know what I have, Hah.

Still, think it'll be my next completion. Just needed a nudge.
http://zedtozed.com https://discord.gg/HUWYWQD Weekly Achievement Podcast, Contests and Prizes Every Month, Just For Gaming!
DocONally
DocONally
Posted on 17 August 18 at 07:23, Edited on 17 August 18 at 07:24 by DocONally
10 Second Ninja is a truly fantastic title, definitely doable in 2 weeks, solid game-play with a sweet story, I even bought the official soundtrack. Highly recommended. (I'm too old to 100% it, reflexes not what they used to be!)

The Bridge on the other hand is not. I thought it was one of the worst games I've ever played. And I love slow, artistic, deep games.
Jujii8
Jujii8
Posted on 17 August 18 at 07:31
The Bridge was a fast and easy completion with guides if you get stuck; I did it in 4.5 hours. Galaga Legions DX was fairly quick and easy (except for the timed boss rush). SoulCalibur II is pretty easy but takes about 8-10 hours (which is definitely doable). The last game I'll try and complete is 10 Second Ninja X. It's actually really fun so far, and it's not as frustrating as it looks. I'm sure that last achievement will be a pain in the butt though...

As for the other games, I'll ignore them for now.
SpeedForce84
SpeedForce84
Posted on 17 August 18 at 12:11
This is why I've cancelled my Game Pass subscription - with the amount of time I have for gaming, I just couldn't get games finished before they removed them. It's a pity, because it seemed to offer nice value-for-money when I signed up, but completion times can be an issue.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 17 August 18 at 12:18
SpeedForce84 said:
This is why I've cancelled my Game Pass subscription - with the amount of time I have for gaming, I just couldn't get games finished before they removed them. It's a pity, because it seemed to offer nice value-for-money when I signed up, but completion times can be an issue.
6 of the 7 games being removed have been in the pass for at least a year.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.