Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Super Destronaut DX Review

  • MegsonGroveMegsonGrove460,914
  • uv1uv1344,830
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 19:43
    i think your review is a little harsh
    “ I kill monsters and zombies with infeasibly large plasma-based weaponry”
  • DingadillyDingadilly2,197,593
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 19:51
    I think the review is a little late. I've already bought, played, completed and uninstalled it.
    The nostalgia actually worked good for me. I quite liked it for that reason. Bring a quick and easy meant it didn't overstate it's appeal for me.
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,233,025
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 20:06
    Can't expect a lot from a $5 game, there'a always some exceptions and gems of course, but I enjoyed it for what it is. Looks cute, colourful, easy 1000G, no bugs, what else do you need in life. :)
    'Eyes up, Guardian'
  • DavidTB78DavidTB781,019,062
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 20:07
    Kind of sequel is in the making.Petite Games is asking for proposal and Suggestions on their twitter
  • Sol76Sol761,090,300
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 20:27
    One of the few games you can unlock achievements for with your eyes closed ..
    It was fast , easy and in the end very forgettable. Fun to play with as long as the achievements last but a short time after that you have seen it all and there are better alternatives if you still want to play something like this.
    BUT >> I'm not complaining about a game that costs 5€ and gives you a few hours of mindless fun.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,137,878
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 20:27
    Honestly this game isn't terrible. I'd say the user ratings are pretty spot on for it. It's a cool arcade-y style game, it's a 20 minute completion and it's dirt cheap. It seems a lot better than Inksplosion.
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face628,957
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 20:47
    Why was this reviewed lmfao
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty807,627
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 21:31
    I think the review and score is about right. It was fun for an hour and that’s about it. As with all other retro/nostalgic games to be honest.
  • BrasshandeBrasshande1,357,307
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 21:42
    Nowhere near as bad a game as you might expect when you hear it's one that can give you 1000/1000 in half an hour, it's no classic but it's 4 quid, it's an all but nailed on completion and it's reasonably fun to play while it lasts. If that's not enough for you, you may be expecting a little bit more than what your investment deserves
    D'yuz gan at death speed?
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57870,834
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 21:52
    Brasshande said:
    Nowhere near as bad a game as you might expect when you hear it's one that can give you 1000/1000 in half an hour
    Since when is it a criterion to rate the quality of a game? If it's your thing fair enough, but I hope a TA review will never take that into account.
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,013,282
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 21:57, Edited on 16 August 18 at 22:30 by Elite1111111111
    Mannschaft570 said:
    Since when is it a criterion to rate the quality of a game? If it's your thing fair enough, but I hope a TA review will never take that into account.
    Isn't every part of a review an opinion on the quality of the game?

    Edit: Ah, your 'it' refers to the achievements being easy.
  • BrasshandeBrasshande1,357,307
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 22:00
    Mannschaft570 said:
    Brasshande said:
    Nowhere near as bad a game as you might expect when you hear it's one that can give you 1000/1000 in half an hour
    Since when is it a criterion to rate the quality of a game? If it's your thing fair enough, but I hope a TA review will never take that into account.
    It's fair enough mate, your opinion is as good as mine and we all take things different ways, but if you're a TA regular you'll know as well as me how well easy GS games go down in the quality stakes here
    D'yuz gan at death speed?
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty807,627
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 22:27
    Mannschaft570 said:
    Brasshande said:
    Nowhere near as bad a game as you might expect when you hear it's one that can give you 1000/1000 in half an hour
    Since when is it a criterion to rate the quality of a game? If it's your thing fair enough, but I hope a TA review will never take that into account.
    I would think that the achievements in the game influence every TA review on here at least a lil bit. It is an achievements site after all first and foremost.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 16 August 18 at 23:08, Edited on 16 August 18 at 23:08 by
    I actually have a 1 tb hdd for my ''uninstalled, don't play it much" games. I use a 8TB hdd for the rest of my collection.
    This game is not bad, but it does not have enough replay value. I did buy it more for the nostalgia. I didn't buy it for the achievements as I never even looked at them. The gameplay is good, and gameplay comes first, achievements are just a little extra to get some more out of a game, as long as its fun.
  • Posted on 17 August 18 at 00:54
    Solo Wing 82 said:
    I actually have a 1 tb hdd for my ''uninstalled, don't play it much" games. I use a 8TB hdd for the rest of my collection.
    This game is not bad, but it does not have enough replay value. I did buy it more for the nostalgia. I didn't buy it for the achievements as I never even looked at them. The gameplay is good, and gameplay comes first, achievements are just a little extra to get some more out of a game, as long as its fun.
    You have an entire hard drive solely for your uninstalled games? wink
  • Posted on 17 August 18 at 01:12
    I really enjoyed it for what it was.
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,627,982
    Posted on 17 August 18 at 04:34
    Disagree with this review it's a retro shooter that has a bunch of modes for 5 bucks ...what do you want ?5/5 nice throwback.
  • TropanTropan1,032,354
    Posted on 17 August 18 at 06:58
    Enjoyable 1 hour, but no replay value. Priced perfectly for a quick bout of fun and achievements, so far this company has been golden and hit a nice sweet spot. Short, Fun, Affordable, Completable, Deletable.
    http://zedtozed.com https://discord.gg/HUWYWQD Weekly Achievement Podcast, Contests and Prizes Every Month, Just For Gaming!
  • gypsymuffingypsymuffin523,739
    Posted on 17 August 18 at 07:15
    I enjoyed it, fun game!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.