European Exclusive Xbox One Sale Roundup

• CroagunkyCroagunky458,293
    Posted on 21 August 18 at 16:59Permalink
    Try buying a LEGO game in the UK, its berluddy expensive
    Beep Boop
  • TwincatsTwincats500,482
    Posted on 21 August 18 at 17:01Permalink
    Dingadilly said:
    Some small part of me keeps thinking, does this mean there going to de list all these game or shutdown servers in a month's time?
    I've been thinking this with a lot of the sales I've seen lately. I hope we're wrong.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
  • Posted on 21 August 18 at 17:14Permalink
    Sandman Prime said:
    no1SuperVillain said:
    Sandman Prime said:
    So when there's an event in the US everyone worldwide gets a sale but when there's a European event only Europe gets a sale? Okay then
    On balance US gamers have it far better so you can hardly complain.
    You get more games exclusive to your territory, overall cheaper prices and often much cheaper sale prices as well. Not to mention earlier releases for a lot of games.
    Except I’m not a US gamer.
    Ok so substitute 'you' for 'they'. Point still stands.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj197,371
    Posted on 21 August 18 at 18:29Permalink
    Dingadilly said:
    Some small part of me keeps thinking, does this mean there going to de list all these game or shutdown servers in a month's time?
    I have it on good authority that both Gears 4 and South Park shuts down in two weeks.
  • Posted on 21 August 18 at 18:41Permalink
    Dingadilly said:
    What's the logic there? Yes, they're putting many LEGO, Ubisoft, 2K, and Capcom games on sale solely in Europe because they're going to delist them.

The sale is most likely related to Gamescom.
  • DingadillyDingadilly1,250,174
    Posted on 21 August 18 at 18:42Permalink
    South park? Stick or hole?
    Don't care for gears 4 myself. Besides it seems too early for any gears shutdown Shirley?
  • Posted on 21 August 18 at 18:43Permalink
    Dingadilly said:
    South park? Stick or hole?
    Don't care for gears 4 myself. Besides it seems too early for any gears shutdown Shirley?
    Whoosh.
  • Posted on 21 August 18 at 21:41Permalink
    those lucky europeepz ! laugh
    "how does someone like me even exist ?" (Danny Wilkins)
  • Posted on 22 August 18 at 00:09Permalink
    Far cry 5 is a pretty decent deal. 48.99 is 63.22 in US. Currently Gold version priced at 89.99 usd. Available US gold version doesn't include far cry 3, as that was a pre-order perk.
  • GJChesterGJChester184,292
    Posted on 22 August 18 at 06:27Permalink
    Why do they keep discounting the "complete" versions of a game, and not the DLC seperatly, especially for prior Games With Gold? Keeping DLC at full price is not encouraging me to buy it, and I'm not paying for a game a 2nd time..

WatchDogs was a GWG title, and I'm half interested in the DLC, but no way am I buying the complete edition at £16 when I already have the base game, and no way I'm buying the DLC at full price for an older game either,,,
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r606,417
    Posted on 22 August 18 at 09:03Permalink
    GJChester said:
    Why do they keep discounting the "complete" versions of a game, and not the DLC seperatly, especially for prior Games With Gold? Keeping DLC at full price is not encouraging me to buy it, and I'm not paying for a game a 2nd time..

WatchDogs was a GWG title, and I'm half interested in the DLC, but no way am I buying the complete edition at £16 when I already have the base game, and no way I'm buying the DLC at full price for an older game either,,,
    The season pass was on sale last week.
  • Posted on 22 August 18 at 10:56Permalink
    Mark B said:
    Also until the end of August Xbox Gold and Xbox Game Pass are each £2 for two months to new subscribers.
    Does this deal stack? Say I buy $10 worth of gamepass. Does that mean I get 10 months worth of gamepass?
  • GJChesterGJChester184,292
    Posted on 22 August 18 at 11:34Permalink
    Smudgenat0r said:
    GJChester said:

The season pass was on sale last week.
    OK, Bad choice of example title, but you get the point :)

Try LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deluxe Edition @ £22.50, Game only £20, Each DLC is £2.39. It does not encourage someone who bought the title already (physical or digital) to buy DLC.

(And Yes,you may tell me that was on sale last week too!)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 August 18 at 18:29Permalink
    glad there are different sales for different regions...hopefully they intersect fully at one point.
    I hate all things PC, and I don't mean personal computer.
  • Inspector 74Inspector 74244,916
    Posted on 23 August 18 at 21:20Permalink
    I cannot believe the absolute lack of coverage for the so called 'Summer Spotlight' the '"spotlight' being nobody at all in the world (especially Microsoft) seems to know whats ring on with it (unnbeleievable man), my favourite now is that i go on a website (from England) and it says do you wish to go to the US UK website??? WTAF??? The US adopted (English) what now coz English speakers are ahem English do the US need a helping hand in reminding them what language they speak coz the day anyone speaks american oh dear???? Look we just invented the language man I dont need a flag or a polite reminder to remind me what im speaking ' unbelievable man'
    US (English) perrleasse????
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76463,753
    Posted on 24 August 18 at 07:58Permalink
    GorillaGrodd5 said:
    Mark B said:
    Also until the end of August Xbox Gold and Xbox Game Pass are each £2 for two months to new subscribers.
    Does this deal stack? Say I buy $10 worth of gamepass. Does that mean I get 10 months worth of gamepass?
    Once you're subscribed you can't really become a "new subscriber" multiple times - so I'm gonna say no. (Just guessing, though.)
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76463,753
    Posted on 24 August 18 at 08:02Permalink
    Inspector 74 said:
    I cannot believe the absolute lack of coverage for the so called 'Summer Spotlight' the '"spotlight' being nobody at all in the world (especially Microsoft) seems to know whats ring on with it (unnbeleievable man), my favourite now is that i go on a website (from England) and it says do you wish to go to the US UK website??? WTAF??? The US adopted (English) what now coz English speakers are ahem English do the US need a helping hand in reminding them what language they speak coz the day anyone speaks american oh dear???? Look we just invented the language man I dont need a flag or a polite reminder to remind me what im speaking ' unbelievable man'
    US (English) perrleasse????
    You might not need a reminder, but could you remind the rest of us what language you're speaking? shock
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.