Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Tesla Gets Terrifying in Horror Adventure Close to the Sun

AuthorMessage
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 26 August 18 at 17:57
You might want to wear a hat or something to cover up that exposed brain

Please click here to read the story: Tesla Gets Terrifying in Horror Adventure Close to the Sun
FierceMonkeyMan
Posted on 26 August 18 at 18:03
I get a Bioshock sense with this.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 26 August 18 at 18:14
Will play
Dark CEPM 42
Dark CEPM 42
Posted on 26 August 18 at 19:17
I m also getting a Bioshock vibe from this.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 26 August 18 at 20:12
Looks awesome. Definitely following this.
CadentPersona
CadentPersona
Posted on 27 August 18 at 00:18
If it ends up being a more horror-focused version of Bioshock I'm down!
As awesome as Bioshock was, I always thought it had the potential to be a pretty good horror game, if they'd wanted to go that route!
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 27 August 18 at 00:30, Edited on 27 August 18 at 04:19 by FightingMegaFoo
I hope they show more screenshots later. They only showed pieces of ship.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 27 August 18 at 00:36
FierceMonkeyMan said:
Dark CEPM 42 said:
I was going to say exactly this
See You Space Cowboy...
AH Lewis
AH Lewis
Posted on 27 August 18 at 01:43
I hope it's kind of like Outlast. I love that game and can't wait for the last one. This looks really good. I like horror games where you can't defend yourself because it feels more terrifying!
L.Woodhall
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 27 August 18 at 02:45
AH Lewis said:
I hope it's kind of like Outlast. I love that game and can't wait for the last one. This looks really good. I like horror games where you can't defend yourself because it feels more terrifying!
I'm on the opposite side. I think being able to defend yourself has the potential to be a better horror game. I think when you have weapons there is a combat system which makes for a more natural less scripted gameplay. Also you have to manage ressources which makes for a more stressful play.
A good example I think is back when I played the shalebridge craddle in Thief3. The undead enemies in that game are really powerful and you need holy water or fire arrows which are rare/expensive. I of course hadn't brought enough to kill all the enemies, so you strategicly have to move around the level and only take out key enemies. It not only adds a level of tension but also a level of strategy and allows for more variety.
I'm not saying that Walking simulators which Outlast essentialy is can't be scary but first of all it is hard to keep the game interesting over a longer running time and the gameplay pretty much relies mostly on trial and error.
I think this defenseless gameplay is good for a short game at 2-3 hours but not for a full 8+ hour game. It would be nice to for example have it like Call of Cthulhu on the OG-Xbox and have the first two hours of the game being on the run but later drop in weapons and change up the gameplay a bit or like Eternal Darkness on Gamecube, where you keep playing different characters with different gameplay and different fighting capabilities.
EX slay3r
EX slay3r
Posted on 27 August 18 at 10:49
Reborn Insanity said:
FierceMonkeyMan said:
Dark CEPM 42 said:
I was going to say exactly this
This^
V3ntilator
V3ntilator
Posted on 27 August 18 at 16:48, Edited on 27 August 18 at 16:50 by V3ntilator
Nikola Tesla game. Count me in!

Tesla's biggest invention ~100 years ago, were the electricity/power system used worldwide, which we all use today.
Inspector 74
Inspector 74
Posted on 27 August 18 at 20:43
Ive been following this for a couple of months now its got a ton of potential, ive seen many a screenshot and yes indeed me likeeeey likeeeeey!!!!
Definitely in the market to getting 'Close to the sun' yes yes!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.