Game Discussion: Dead Space 3 Forum

How hard is Classic mode?

AuthorMessage
AxelSteel15
AxelSteel15
Posted on 27 August 18 at 17:57, Edited on 27 August 18 at 18:01 by AxelSteel15
Hey all,

I'm getting close to wrapping up the campaign for the first time and I'm planning on doing my Classic run next. I've done some research and it seems like people are saying that Classic is insanely challenging. Is that true? Having gotten every achievement on the first two games, I can't help but wonder how difficult this one will be. So, how hard is Classic mode really? I'm not so much worried about the difficulty as much as I am worried about struggling with resources (I found myself severely lacking in gel to make medpacks and occasionally was strapped for ammo on the lower difficulties).

P.S. My current plan of attack is to upgrade the HELL out of the Plasma Cutter and maybe have a Contact Beam for sticky situations with its alt fire.
Ultras500
Ultras500
Posted on 27 August 18 at 22:36, Edited on 27 August 18 at 22:43 by Ultras500
No I wouldn't have said it was insanely difficult. The difficulty is only set at Hard and I don't remember having any major difficulties.

Do you have the digital or disc version? If its the digital version then I think the next two playthroughs after classic will cause you far more issues as I am fairly sure the hand cannon trick doesn't work on digital versions.

Edit - You need the disc version and to play it on the 360 to get devil horns for hardcore and pure survival. Not even sure if you can back up your save on the One, so if you don't have the above then good luck, you will need it!
AxelSteel15
AxelSteel15
Posted on 28 August 18 at 00:37
I got the game with Games with Gold. Someone told me if I uninstalled and re-installed the game, it would ask me about the update at which point I could deny it and still try out the Devil Horns trick. If that doesn't work, I guess I'm gonna have to power through it haha

I have been playing it on the 360, so theoretically if I went out and bought the disc version, could I still pull off the Devil Horns thing?

I guess I'm just really surprised at how much I struggled on the lowest difficulty, especially at the end. I survived Hardcore on DS2, for crying out loud! Somatic gel was getting VERY scarce and I was running through some parts. That last part where you're running through all of those monsters with the ground disappearing behind you, do you HAVE to kill the tentacles or can you run through that entire section?
Ultras500
Ultras500
Posted on 28 August 18 at 11:34
Not sure about uninstalling and re-installing as everything I read said you needed the disc version, but it wouldn't hurt to try. The DLC throws another curveball, if you have it installed then you need to delete it and then redo the first two playthroughs. If you don't have it then don't buy it until you get the devil horns on the last two playthoughs.

The good news is that its easy to back up your save if playing on the 360 for your Hardcore playthough.

I must admit I am quite surprised to hear you are struggling, are you using those scavenger bots? They will net you quite a few resources. I played DS2 and DS3 quite close together so its all a bit hazy for me. For instance I can't remember what my second weapon for the classic playthrough was, possibly the line gun. I always found the contact beam too slow in tricky spots and the force gun which was awesome in DS2 is rubbish in DS3.

You do need to kill the tentacles though. There is alot of info in the comments section for the various achievements solutions which will help and probably explain things alot better than me.
AxelSteel15
AxelSteel15
Posted on 29 August 18 at 14:20
I was occasionally putting down the scavenger bots, usually only if I could find a resource spot. I'm assuming it's just better to put them anywhere and just get the resources?

Update: I'm up to Chapter 5 in Classic. At this point, I'm just upgrading my plasma cutter and going for the pulse rifle. I'm worried about getting through the parts with Danik's gunship and onwards.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.