Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Shenmue II Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 28 August 18 at 16:51Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss the Shenmue II walkthrough
  • Posted on 28 August 18 at 20:25Permalink
    I have started work on a Shenmue II walkthrough, it should be a simple one since it isnt a hard completion, with only two achievements I would classify as higly missable.
    If anyone has any sugestions or anything to add to the walkthrough Ill be checking this thread every now and then
  • ShootZombiesShootZombies259,166
    Posted on 16 September 18 at 22:14Permalink
    If you want help doing the walkthrough, especially fleshing it out perhaps for people who are interested in extra detail not directly related to achievements, QTE guides, Moves Scrolls locations etc let me know I'd be happy to help with off the straight and narrow walkthrough info.
  • Posted on 27 November 18 at 12:50Permalink
    The walkthrough is ready, waiting to be published, ShootZombies thx for the offer but this is my first walkthrough and I didnt even know how to go about including you in the walkthrough editing process, after it's published I would welcome a revision
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,221,510
    Posted on 27 November 18 at 13:23Permalink
    If someone wanted an editor, they would only have to contact their overseer or me to get it sorted. Walkthrough should hopefully be looked over soon by the oversee and be released if nothing is needing to be added.
  • Posted on 07 December 18 at 16:41Permalink
    The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Shenmue II Walkthrough
  • lewiswakelewiswake233,676
    Posted on 06 January 19 at 22:22Permalink
    The last action in the fight against Don Nui is cn_right cn_X+cn_A.
    Not cn_left cn_X+cn_A.

Lost this a couple of times.
  • buddyackerbuddyacker595,832
    Posted on 02 March 19 at 01:04Permalink
    I would advise everyone NOT to follow this walkthrough. Many of the QTE inputs are incorrect, including one of the most important ones, the final one in the fight against Don Nui. Many steps in the descipritions of how to obtain achievements are wrong also. You WILL miss the Flower Power achievement if you do exactly what this guide instructs you to do. DO NOT choose the right option when Shenhua first asks you if you want to go see the flowers. This guide tells you to pick the right option, but DO NOT do that or you will miss the achievement.

This is the worst walkthrough I’ve seen on this site. Very disappointing.
    Posted on 02 March 19 at 01:45Permalink
    We'll be contacting the owner in that case. If he doesn't want to make the changes we'll end up pulling the wt, because some misinformation is fine, but if parts are flat out wrong all over, we won't keep it up.
    Posted on 02 March 19 at 05:53Permalink
    Dang3R Gaming said:
    We'll be contacting the owner in that case. If he doesn't want to make the changes we'll end up pulling the wt, because some misinformation is fine, but if parts are flat out wrong all over, we won't keep it up.
    It’s just really frustrating to be going for achievements and doing exactly what a published guide on TrueAchievements, a site that has rarely if ever steered me wrong, is telling me to do and wondering if I’m doing something wrong, but then realizing the guide is so, so off. I came close to missing a few achievements because the steps for them in the guide are disorganized or inaccurate, but I still managed to get them, so it was whatever. The final straw came when I completely missed the Flower Power achievement, which is missable and only obtainable near the end of Shenmue 2, because the steps in the guide are flat out wrong. Now if I want to get it I’m going to have to play through the entirety of Shenmue 2 again for one achievement. The guide should have been proofread or tested out better before it was published.
    Posted on 02 March 19 at 07:19Permalink
    buddyacker said:
    Dang3R Gaming said:
    It’s just really frustrating to be going for achievements and doing exactly what a published guide on TrueAchievements, a site that has rarely if ever steered me wrong, is telling me to do and wondering if I’m doing something wrong, but then realizing the guide is so, so off. I came close to missing a few achievements because the steps for them in the guide are disorganized or inaccurate, but I still managed to get them, so it was whatever. The final straw came when I completely missed the Flower Power achievement, which is missable and only obtainable near the end of Shenmue 2, because the steps in the guide are flat out wrong. Now if I want to get it I’m going to have to play through the entirety of Shenmue 2 again for one achievement. The guide should have been proofread or tested out better before it was published.
    So how do you propose when we have no one on the team who has played the game, as is the case with probably more than 90% of guides that are written, that we proofread for facts. Our job is to spell and grammar check UNLESS we have played the game. So don't put this on us because it didn't work, we can't check every fact is correct unless people want to pay us and give us codes for every game and have the process take 100x longer because we're playtesting the guide.
  • That Guy086That Guy086538,666
    Posted on 02 March 19 at 09:45, Edited on 02 March 19 at 09:47 by That Guy086Permalink
    Going to side with Danger on this. The amount of time it would take to playtest, let's give Sea of Thieves as an example, or Elite Dangerous, or even Cities: Skyline. It's all volunteer work for the Writer and Overseer. I don't think it's fair to have the Overseer playlist the walkthrough.

Maybe if the community wants to message people who have the game and give them alpha access to the walkthrough could be a possibility, but it shouldn't be a requirement for an Overseer to playtest them.
  • Posted on 02 March 19 at 16:45Permalink
    To add to this discussion, the walkthrough threads were created specifically so the community could point out mistakes that were missed or couldn't be seen during review. I know it sucks to be the one to find the mistakes, but it's the best way to fix them for other players in the future.
    "This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I have to spend all day computing Pi because he plugged in the overlord."
    Posted on 02 March 19 at 22:58Permalink
    I didn’t mean to put it on y’all. I meant they should have double checked everything before they submitted it or whatever.
  • That Guy086That Guy086538,666
    Posted on 03 March 19 at 06:54, Edited on 03 March 19 at 08:55 by Dang3R GamingPermalink
    I know they were good intentions, but nothing much can be done. It's a trust thing, you create a walkthrough and they proofread it assuming you've played through the game multiple times more than likely.
  • SoupaBuoySoupaBuoy451,391
    Posted on 03 March 19 at 16:42Permalink
    The writer has been nudged to check the thread so hopefully they'll be able to make some adjustments soon.
  • Posted on 07 March 19 at 13:43, Edited on 07 March 19 at 13:45 by Rafael D ArroyoPermalink
    Hello everyone, sorry for the late answer, I wasn't following the thread.

So, first of all, as to the overall quality of the walkthrough, this is my first walkthrough, so it's understandable if it has some imperfections, I tried to go for a style I prefer, very cut and dry, very objective, I know it's not to everyone's taste, I've used WT from the site that were not to my liking in the past, I personally think I did a pretty decent, at least passable, job.

unfortunately, I can only adress the problems that were specifically pointed out, and in regards to that, I'm wrong in both accounts.

Don Nui fight:
    I confirmed through this video (https://youtu.be/lKS80RAUjkE?t=396) that I used the wrong input and it has been corrected.

Flower Power Directions:
    The real issue is that the achievement was in the wrong place within the walkthrough, there are two scenes involving flowers during the walk through the forest, I put it in the wrong one, since I had already unlocked it, while replaying the game I just associated the achievement with the wrong scene.

I fixed it, and improved the final part of the walkthrough a bit. I've read the whole walkthrough again, and agree that this final bit was confusing.

BTW if you read the achievement description and are paying attention to the dialogue, it's really hard to miss this one, and if you do miss it, loading a previous save will do the trick.

Wrong QTEs
    I only included the QTEs to help a bit the players following the guide, the only achievement that can be missed with the wrong QTE imput is "Slippery like and Eel", so a mistake here or there will be fixed as long as they're pointed out, but I don't consider it a big deal, specially since there are hundreds of imputs during the game and I'm not about to go and double check everything.

Worst Walkthrough On the site
    Not much I can do about it LOL if the community decides it should be taken down, that's fine by me, but I remind you that the site goes by a wiki format, so the idea is that the community will help with the effort of improving the guides, remember I'm only an amateur, have a full time job and did the guide out love for the game.

That's it, I'll keep an eye on this thread from now on.

Cheers
  • brooza664brooza664209,426
    Posted on 18 June 19 at 19:45Permalink
    "Now go to the Come Over Guest House, go inside and choose to wait until 7 p.m. The phone will ring and you'll be instructed to go to Man Mo Park, which is next to Man Mo Bistro. Go there and SAVE before going in. Enter for a scene with a QTE, press cn_left, and a free fight (Reload if you fail)."

The QTE is cn_right
    I think I worded that terribly
  • brooza664brooza664209,426
    Posted on 08 July 19 at 20:23, Edited on 08 July 19 at 20:35 by brooza664Permalink
    At the part where you need to climb to the 10th flopr across the planks, the very first QTE input is wrong

All the others are correct, just the first one needs changing to RLR, nor LRL
    I think I worded that terribly
  • Posted on 12 July 19 at 07:56, Edited on 12 July 19 at 07:57 by 吊打小逗比Permalink
    ×In round two at the end press cn_leftcn_leftcn_Bin a sequence QTE.
    In round two at the end press cn_rightcn_rightcn_Bin a sequence QTE.√
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.