Game Discussion: Dark Souls Forum

New Game Plus Ornstein and Smough help

AuthorMessage
magmashark20
magmashark20
Posted on 29 August 18 at 03:18
Hi, I’m a level 104 player having a lot of difficulty with the amped up duo fight. I’m trying to kill amped up Smough this time since I’ve already done Ornstein. I figured it wouldn’t be so hard but I can’t get the two of them apart to fight them fairly and once I do kill Ornstein, i don’t understand how to properly dodge Smough’s hammer attacks. I was hoping one of the kind TA users would be interested in being summoned into my game to help me kill them or offer some tips. I use a level 5 chaos scythe with a very balanced build. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if someone would be interested in phantom helping me I would definetley help you with some other achievment you may need like anything Halo related. smile
-Jeff
SOS I99I
SOS I99I
Posted on 29 August 18 at 08:39
Sure thing I can try and join in to help you, just me a message on Xbox or TA
magmashark20
magmashark20
Posted on 30 August 18 at 11:46
No longer need help with this. SOS I99I helped me take those bastards out. If anyone else is having difficulty with them, especially on new game plus, I seriously recommended just getting some co-op assistance since it makes it much easier to deal with them one on one and then tens up on the amped up boss
-Jeff
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 26 October 18 at 13:33
Well, I was about to post asking for help with this one.
As it is my turn now and I don't want to create another same topic thread...

Can anyone help me with this? I even considered going out of the route and to pinwheel early so I would get 20 Estus.
SOS I99I
SOS I99I
Posted on 28 October 18 at 08:50
I can help with that, what level are you? I think I'm 110 the last time I checked
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 29 October 18 at 20:04
SOS I99I said:
I can help with that, what level are you? I think I'm 110 the last time I checked
Sorry for the late reply. I managed to beat it \o without Solaire or any summoning!

So, this is a quick guide for those that may still attempt New Game + killing Smough later. I had no trouble killing Ornstein first, but hitting Smough alone was complicated.

(1) Try to get your Composite Bow at +10 or above and buy arrows (large ones preferably).
(2) Avoid fat roll, obviously.
(3) Equip something that will regenerate your stamina fast (I used Grass Shield)
(4) If you feel safe to hit Smough with a sword or any kind of melee weapon, try a few blows. but...
(5) With a Composite Bow and large arrows, you may run to the corner pillars, getting some distance from him - you want him going in the pillars direction - and quickly turn and shoot an arrow, sometimes up to five. Damage was around 150 per hit.
SOS I99I
SOS I99I
Posted on 29 October 18 at 23:40
That's great! Glad you got it done
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 06 May 19 at 12:44
smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.