Posted on 31 August 18 at 20:24
    Yah missed you!
    Not trying is the same as failing!
  • GrmRpr69GrmRpr69628,742
    Posted on 31 August 18 at 20:40
    Cyberpunk 2077 Video was sick. Can't wait clapheadspin
  • DaveKineticDaveKinetic629,900
    Posted on 31 August 18 at 20:42
    Hopefully, we'll get the Gamescom podcast sorted next week.
    TA Social Manager | @DaveKinetic
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,711,549
    Posted on 31 August 18 at 21:06
    Haunted Halloween '86 is not available in Canada cry
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • UnveiledArkUnveiledArk666,644
    Posted on 31 August 18 at 21:59
    Whoop.
  • DariusDaSnepDariusDaSnep508,154
    Posted on 31 August 18 at 22:39
    i like the forza horizon list and im excited for cyber punk
  • Posted on 31 August 18 at 22:55
    That reminds me i really need to get around to Doom.
  • Spangles21Spangles211,242,825
    Posted on 31 August 18 at 23:31
    Interesting stuff
  • taximiketaximike448,451
    Posted on 01 September 18 at 02:03
    Looking forward to onrush on game pass
  • Posted on 01 September 18 at 02:55
    Can I build my dream prison now?
  • Posted on 01 September 18 at 04:55
    Overall what a good week, gamepass got some good games, Gamescom was awesome and a good game added for backwards compat. I think that all access is a really good deal. I would jump on it myself but I need to get a good tv to justify getting the one X.
  • mfeforevermfeforever1,206,545
    Posted on 01 September 18 at 06:54
    worth a try...
    There is no such thing as too competitive. ;-)
  • branstoneboybranstoneboy420,178
    Posted on 01 September 18 at 10:34
    Is this podcast available on any apps apart from itunes? Just started listening to it would love to catch it on the go.
  • Posted on 01 September 18 at 10:53
    Cyberpunk looks amazing. I hope I'm not overawed by the size & scale of it. I loved the Witcher but it was so large I ended up never finishing it.
  • ragnarok0272ragnarok0272977,006
    Posted on 01 September 18 at 14:28
    Looking forward to Cyberpunk. I still haven't watched the entire gameplay video, but what I've seen looks great. Haunted Halloween helped me out with GTASC. Worth picking up for a quick gamerscore boost.
  • ZNMSZNMS462,456
    Posted on 01 September 18 at 23:45
    Shinnizle said:
    Haunted Halloween '86 is not available in Canada.
    The same can be said for Australia.
    #1 in the world for Laser kills in the Halo Reach - Anniversary BTB playlist (Halotracker.com)
  • eayragteayragt314,828
    Posted on 02 September 18 at 07:56
    I agree that Microsoft should get a guarantee that any paid updates also fix broken achievements. I'd like that for all updates, but that could discourage needed patches from indie developers. However, there was no excuse for Rocket League developers not fixing the achievements for multiple updates.
    Say everything with a smile
  • Posted on 03 September 18 at 03:14
    Seriously thinking about buying FH4 ultimate edition but the jury is still out!
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,289,787
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 07:35
    On the subject of late TUs adding achievements etc:

Rocket League: Adds new content, adds easy achievements relating to the content - just to let you familiarize yourself with the new additions and make sure you've seen it all yourself first hand.

Gears of War 4: No new content. Achievements that revisit the same old content. Achievements that are not retroactive. Achievements that are a grind.

The two couldn't be more different. Rocket league does everything right, Gears does everything wrong.

As a "completionist", I also sometimes find myself being "forced" to play games past where I would have preferred to stop (Gears of War 4 is the pinnacle of that). When I feel that way, I typically feel like the game design choices were made to give the appearance of content but add no actual value. I think the problem is saying "forced" when really what you are saying is, unlocking them feels like a chore rather than fun.
    I recently felt that way when playing Mafia 3 DLC. It felt like the objectives were always purposefully placed on the opposite end of the map and with no fast travel, most of my time was spent just driving from missions to missions. The DLC took 3-4 hours, but probably only had 1-2 hours of actual content.
    I think "New Game Plus" will often feel that way as well. A few minutes of coding to allow you to import a character at the beginning and suddenly the developers can claim 20 hours of extra content. In some few games I think New Game Plus can make sense, but generally speaking, I don't think it adds anything of value to most games. That's when achievements for NG+ start to feel like a chore.

branstoneboy said:
    Is this podcast available on any apps apart from itunes? Just started listening to it would love to catch it on the go.
    Any half decent podcast app should be able to use the feedburner link.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.