Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Poll: Which September 2018 Release Are You Most Excited For?

AuthorMessage
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 01 September 18 at 01:52, Edited on 01 September 18 at 01:54 by RadiantViper
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
RadiantViper said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Don't know why everyone is so excited for Spider Man. It'll be a 10-12 hour game and you just wasted 60 bucks for that. That's some shit you just take a month out of Gamefly and rent.
Because it's made by an excellent developer, stars a hugely popular character, and looks incredibly fun? headspin
I guess. I wouldn't pay full price for a 10 hour game though. Maybe if you go for every trophy you can squeeze 15 hours out of it. But I mean how much different can this Spidey be from the other ones made over the last 10 years? Shoot webs, save civilians, swing around the city, get chased by cops, pick up collectibles, defeat Venom/Green Goblin/Electro/Doc Ock, run into Black Cat or some other random hero, game over. I've seen that movie already.
Weird how you're certain it's a 10 hour game when a) the game isn't out and b) a developer said it would take 20 hours, more if you do the side content

That argument is crap, you can simplify every game that way. "How different could GTA be, you just steal cars and shoot people!" facepalm

You can think what you like, but it doesnt take a genius to get why a large amount of people are excited for a AAA game featuring a hugely popular character.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 01 September 18 at 02:23
endersgame58 said:
Spider-Man isn't even popular.
Hard to tell the difference between a troll and an Xbox fanboy sometimes ...
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 01 September 18 at 02:34
RadiantViper said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
RadiantViper said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Don't know why everyone is so excited for Spider Man. It'll be a 10-12 hour game and you just wasted 60 bucks for that. That's some shit you just take a month out of Gamefly and rent.
Because it's made by an excellent developer, stars a hugely popular character, and looks incredibly fun? headspin
I guess. I wouldn't pay full price for a 10 hour game though. Maybe if you go for every trophy you can squeeze 15 hours out of it. But I mean how much different can this Spidey be from the other ones made over the last 10 years? Shoot webs, save civilians, swing around the city, get chased by cops, pick up collectibles, defeat Venom/Green Goblin/Electro/Doc Ock, run into Black Cat or some other random hero, game over. I've seen that movie already.
Weird how you're certain it's a 10 hour game when a) the game isn't out and b) a developer said it would take 20 hours, more if you do the side content

That argument is crap, you can simplify every game that way. "How different could GTA be, you just steal cars and shoot people!" facepalm

You can think what you like, but it doesnt take a genius to get why a large amount of people are excited for a AAA game featuring a hugely popular character.
Difference is GTA always takes place in a new location, with new characters, with a new story, and has infinite replay value. Spidey will always take place in NY, and will always have to face the same predicaments. I love Spidey to death but the only reason this game is getting so much hype is because is a PS4 exclusive. Theres really nothing special about it. If it was multiplat, I'm positive it wouldn't be getting anywhere near this much attention.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 01 September 18 at 02:39
The SCHWARTZ said:
Difference is GTA always takes place in a new location, with new characters, with a new story, and has infinite replay value. Spidey will always take place in NY, and will always have to face the same predicaments. I love Spidey to death but the only reason this game is getting so much hype is because is a PS4 exclusive. Theres really nothing special about it. If it was multiplat, I'm positive it wouldn't be getting anywhere near this much attention.
Spider Man is one of the most popular comic characters of all time, man. Of course it would get a ton of attention whether it was multiplat or not laugh
z neo matrix z
Posted on 01 September 18 at 02:41
RadiantViper said:
endersgame58 said:
Spider-Man isn't even popular.
Hard to tell the difference between a troll and an Xbox fanboy sometimes ...
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like a troll. I wish you and Spidey a wonderful time together. ;)
OkayEA
OkayEA
Posted on 01 September 18 at 02:50
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
I highly disagree. The game may not be for you, but it looks good to many people based on the gameplay Insomniac has shown. I definitely wouldn't say that people are excited for it just because it's PS4 exclusive. That's a silly argument to me. Not all Spider-Man games are exactly the same and based in NY either. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time, and Friend or Foe were all different takes on Spidey games, none of which were based solely in NY. They weren't all good, mind you, but your statement is still false. I liked Shattered Dimensions an unreasonable amount though laugh
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 01 September 18 at 03:15
OkayEA said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
I highly disagree. The game may not be for you, but it looks good to many people based on the gameplay Insomniac has shown. I definitely wouldn't say that people are excited for it just because it's PS4 exclusive. That's a silly argument to me. Not all Spider-Man games are exactly the same and based in NY either. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time, and Friend or Foe were all different takes on Spidey games, none of which were based solely in NY. They weren't all good, mind you, but your statement is still false. I liked Shattered Dimensions an unreasonable amount though laugh
Shattered Dimensions was really good. Broke the mold when it came to Spidey games.

I stand behind it being a PS exclusive giving it extra hype. I mean who the hell was hyped up for the last Spidey game or two? They were pretty mediocre, borderline bad games.
OkayEA
OkayEA
Posted on 01 September 18 at 03:27
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
OkayEA said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Shattered Dimensions was really good. Broke the mold when it came to Spidey games.

I stand behind it being a PS exclusive giving it extra hype. I mean who the hell was hyped up for the last Spidey game or two? They were pretty mediocre, borderline bad games.
I agree that the last two Spidey games weren't very good, but those were essentially movie tie-ins to movies that people didn't seem overly excited about either. Contrarily, Insomniac seems to be breathing new life into the game series with what looks to be an original story and more fluid gameplay. In your first comment that I responded to, you said it being on PS4 was the only reason that the game is getting so much hype. That's what I disagree with.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 01 September 18 at 03:30, Edited on 01 September 18 at 03:30 by RadiantViper
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

It's almost like those didn't have a highly respected developer with lots of hit games in their portfolio, and were movie tie-ins which most people automatically assume aren't going to be good.

You can stand behind it all you want, it still doesn't make any sense.
J2B9
J2B9
Posted on 01 September 18 at 03:52
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
OkayEA said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

Bad arguments because of course nobody gets excited for movie tie-ins that are likely to be of lower quality when you know they’re rushed for the movies release and have constraints of having to relate to the movie.

A perfect example is the Batman Arkham games. Those games are popular because people love Batman and they are great games.
This Spider-Man game is popular because it’s made by good developers and it’s a character that people love.
If Spider-Man was multi-plat it would be more popular like Arkham, not less so lol.

Maybe you don’t like Spider-Man and that’s fine but to say nobody is or whatever else shows you just have something against the game.
And if you can play the Arkham games for way more than 10 hours why would this be any different.
Unpredictable D
Posted on 01 September 18 at 03:57
sigi: a fart for melusina

title speaks for itself, gameplay looks easy fun
"how does someone like me even exist ?" (Danny Wilkins)
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 01 September 18 at 03:58
Honestly none, gonna bide my time and chip away at the backlog until Horizon 4 comes out.
KACG FeaR
KACG FeaR
Posted on 01 September 18 at 04:29
Fifa! But with the Ultimate Edition of Forza, I'll be getting that in September too. That's the game I''m looking forward to the most until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.
SaucyComrade94
Posted on 01 September 18 at 04:33, Edited on 01 September 18 at 04:33 by SaucyComrade94
I'm looking forward to Forza Horizon 4 since I preordered the Ultimate Edition! dance
Bobblehead Joe
Posted on 01 September 18 at 04:58
alklein92201 said:
Well I want to pick Spyro...
This
My Delirium
My Delirium
Posted on 01 September 18 at 06:27
Other: Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate edition + 4 day weekend that week smile
Zoda iZ Cruel
Zoda iZ Cruel
Posted on 01 September 18 at 07:12
Too many, but giving my choice to life is strange
AzzyMahmood
AzzyMahmood
Posted on 01 September 18 at 07:46
None.
St3phosaurus
St3phosaurus
Posted on 01 September 18 at 07:47, Edited on 01 September 18 at 07:48 by St3phosaurus
Excited to get back into Destiny 2 and try the new raid dance
Giincee
Giincee
Posted on 01 September 18 at 08:00
Voted for PUBG
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.