The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

January's Permanent Discounts

• Ali060Ali0601,016,102
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 15:16
    Are any of the arcade games easy game completions? Golf: Tee It Up! seems like i could complete it and i like arcade golf games anyway, any others?
    Hello Sexy ;)
  • Posted on 11 January 12 at 15:17
    There goes my excuse to not have Commanders.
  • oneshotprezoneshotprez460,341
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 15:22
    "Commanders: Attack of the Genos" is considered a clone of Nintendo's "Advance Wars" games. 800 msp was a bit much, but I just bought it for 400 before I had finished reading the article :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 January 12 at 15:30
    Aces of the Galaxy might be a pickup once i cash in some Bing Rewards for points. I've looked at it before, but the price wasn't right.
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob154,879
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 15:52
    Vaguely tempted by Switchball and Commanders Genos, so will demo them both.

On past form, the half decent games are quite often on deal of the week shortly after the drops to 400, so we shall see.
  • onnovdwonnovdw389,126
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 16:05
    Reevys said:
    Sealife Safari is a fun little game, reminded me a lot of Pokemon Snap which is easily one of my favourite N64 games. I'd highly recommend it, it's one of those simple little games you can just sit down and unwind to.
    +1
    " they told me the classics never go out of style, but they do, they do "
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 January 12 at 16:05
    i enjoyed Far Cry 2 on the PC and i also enjoyed Tron but tbh u can always get a hard copy for cheaper than using GOD
  • Posted on 11 January 12 at 16:20
    Ali060 said:
    Are any of the arcade games easy game completions? Golf: Tee It Up! seems like i could complete it and i like arcade golf games anyway, any others?
    Sealife Safari can be completed within hours toast
  • Virtual BoyVirtual Boy484,556
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 16:22
    Ali060 said:
    I was also going to recommend Sealife Safari as an easy completion. I really enjoyed my time with it. Like another commenter said it is reminiscent of Pokemon Snap. Also, for those who haven't played Split Second, that game is fantastic. I can't recommend it enough.
  • xxWOJOxxxxWOJOxx304,021
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 16:34
    Aces of the Galaxy is AWESOME! Except for the fact that the last TU has made it broken.
  • A Wise NinjaA Wise Ninja137,872
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 16:39
    Would recommend Golf: Tee It Up
    My forum posts are probably not worth paying attention to.
  • BulkyMoonBulkyMoon1,190
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 16:40
    DigiLuigi said:
    Would anyone recommend any of these?
    Switchball - more people should buy it. It's excellent Marble Blast like game, but with puzzles, good graphics and physics. It's really challenging to get all Gold medals too. :)
  • Ali060Ali0601,016,102
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 16:53
    xCherrYXx said:
    Ali060 said:
    Sealife Safari can be completed within hours toast
    Virtual Boy said:
    Ali060 said:
    I was also going to recommend Sealife Safari as an easy completion. I really enjoyed my time with it. Like another commenter said it is reminiscent of Pokemon Snap. Also, for those who haven't played Split Second, that game is fantastic. I can't recommend it enough.
    Thanks for the recommendation.
    Hello Sexy ;)
  • Posted on 11 January 12 at 17:18
    Keeper76 said:
    Far Cry 2 was amazing online. Just might pick it up for old times sake.
    Apart from the fact I always got shot in the face as soon as I spawned, yeah it was great fun online
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • Posted on 11 January 12 at 17:38
    Might pick up Vigilante 8, I played the shit out of the first 2 on N64 back in the day, which was a wednesday.
  • PhazorknightPhazorknight115,828
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 18:28
    Yeah, I can also really recommend Split/Second, you can propably get it cheaper in some bargain bin, but still: I paid full price back when it was released and didn't regret any of it. It's also a not to hard 1000G.
  • izret102izret1021,525,168
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 18:47
    Awesome all kinds of stuff i don't have yet!
    I'll grab:

Aces of the Galaxy - 400 MSP
    Commanders: Attack of the Genos - 400 MSPSealife Safari - 400 MSP
    Shrek-n-Roll - 400 MSP
    Switchball - 400 MSP
    Vigilante 8 Arcade - 400 MSP

Already own:
    Golf: Tee It Up! - 400 MSP
    Have a demo on my HDD for Vigilante 8 already.... never played it though. Hopefully at least 1 of these is an quick/easy 200. I still need to beat some more arcade games to free up some gigs.
    www.rfgeneration.com
  • Posted on 11 January 12 at 19:01
    Might get one but id have to check them all out to see whats good
  • GuruThaGreatGuruThaGreat1,066,638
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 19:46
    I don't think I recognize any of those arcade titles, so no need for me to consider spending points on them.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,307,937
    Posted on 11 January 12 at 20:08
    hmm they're all around 3stars, just average then? Except Shrek which is rated the worst.

Still, Sealife for some nice easy achieves and maybe Commander Genos for the TBStrat element, no Advance Wars but i might like it.

I hope lots of people buy Switchball and only play the first level, drive that TA ratio right up!
    100 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.