Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Easiest Xbox Achievement Lists from August 2018

• K4rn4geK4rn4ge1,741,763
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 14:54Permalink
    Nice Green Day reference at the end there clap
  • Whos JentWhos Jent171,299
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 14:57Permalink
    I like the paraphrase Shmup for Shoot em' up. I've never heard that before lol
  • xWSx LoganxWSx Logan290,004
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 15:10Permalink
    I think technically The VideoKid should sneak on this list as it was released on August 31st. Took me about 2 hours to finish. Super basic game with only one level, but picking out all of the references while playing was fun. Definitely worth $5 if you ever played The Paperboy and/or like 80s movies/pop culture.
  • MightygilMightygil277,483
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 15:30Permalink
    man, it pisses me off that Haunted Halloween '86 isn't available in my country for some unknown reason, I would have bought it easy achievements or not
  • MightygilMightygil277,483
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 15:32Permalink
    xWSx Logan said:
    I think technically The VideoKid should sneak on this list as it was released on August 31st. Took me about 2 hours to finish. Super basic game with only one level, but picking out all of the references while playing was fun. Definitely worth $5 if you ever played The Paperboy and/or like 80s movies/pop culture.
    I've gotta disagree. I still haven't reached the end while accumulating enough to buy everything but the last character so I think many people who buy it won't be able to get all the achievements. I do agree it is pretty fun though even if it lacks content
  • xWSx LoganxWSx Logan290,004
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 15:42Permalink
    Mightygil said:
    xWSx Logan said:
    I've gotta disagree. I still haven't reached the end while accumulating enough to buy everything but the last character so I think many people who buy it won't be able to get all the achievements. I do agree it is pretty fun though even if it lacks content
    It's definitely challenging but the game is pretty repetitive so once you learn how to get past a section you'll be ready for it the next time it pops up. There are some videos online of other people playing and I think watching someone else helps with learning how to get past sections you're struggling with. I don't want to take over this post with tips but I'm happy to provide some if anyone needs them.
  • Posted on 03 September 18 at 15:52Permalink
    Mightygil said:
    man, it pisses me off that Haunted Halloween '86 isn't available in my country for some unknown reason, I would have bought it easy achievements or not
    Second this,
    Not available in the UK :(

Might make a list of easy completions that are from other countries and then do a region switch and buy everything all at once laugh
  • Av3ng3d7X x360aAv3ng3d7X x360a1,229,798
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 17:00Permalink
    same in Canada, Its BS!
  • Posted on 03 September 18 at 17:08, Edited on 03 September 18 at 17:09 by Zasta 360GameTVPermalink
    Games under 2-3h should only give 50-100 GS and not 1000GS. With this amout of titles on xbox one, the achievement value / system is totaly broken and devaluted :( Terrible decision for me from MS.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty532,748
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 17:10Permalink
    What the hell is a shmup?
  • Posted on 03 September 18 at 17:22Permalink
    NawtyCawty said:
    What the hell is a shmup?
    I don't play a lot of them, but it's the slang that a lot of people use to refer to Shoot 'Em Ups. So anything from Galaga to Cuphead to Geometry Wars, people will just say Shmup, but it's a Shoot 'Em Up game lol. :)
  • True MarvellousTrue Marvellous2,552,089
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 17:28Permalink
    ManicMetalhead said:
    Mightygil said:
    Second this,

Might make a list of easy completions that are from other countries and then do a region switch and buy everything all at once laugh
    Well blame PEGI ridicules certification fees for why its not in Europe as it cost over £1k sometimes a lot more than that compared to the ESRB where its free as long as it is digital only,
    Want gameplay focused reviews check out www.youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf431,976
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 18:11Permalink
    any of them on gamepass?
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182531,199
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 18:13, Edited on 03 September 18 at 18:17 by CONKER1182Permalink
    True Marvellous said:
    ManicMetalhead said:
    Mightygil said:
    Second this,

Well blame PEGI ridicules certification fees for why its not in Europe as it cost over £1k sometimes a lot more than that compared to the ESRB where its free as long as it is digital only,
    Wow that sucks. The only thing I dont like about the ESRB is the Adults Only rating and their policies in the early 2000s about certain sexual content and violence that was fine in Europe.

That jackass attorney in my state of Florida Jack Thompson wanted the ESRB to censor games like they do in Germany, Japan, Australia, etc etc and the ESRB said they wouldn't do that. The Florida Bar revoked his license.
  • o Heres Jonny oo Heres Jonny o1,005,521
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 18:32Permalink
    Zasta 360GameTV said:
    Games under 2-3h should only give 50-100 GS and not 1000GS. With this amout of titles on xbox one, the achievement value / system is totaly broken and devaluted :( Terrible decision for me from MS.
    I used to think this but now I think it makes TA more relevant specifically your ratio.
    Happy Gaming
  • Posted on 03 September 18 at 19:02Permalink
    Zasta 360GameTV said:
    I'm not bothered by that. What I am bothered by is the fact that it's $10 or more most of the time for these 0-4 hours games. I like increasing my GS, but not at that price. It almost feels like I am paying for GS and not a game. Which if Xbox or game develops ever go that route it will be the end of gaming.

"Can't get that 1 achievement, just spend $5 and unlock it without having to put in the work or grind. " - said Activision and EA Games

Now if these were $2-$3 games, then I could see spending the money for some easy GS. So i'll wait to see if these ever show up in sale and if they don't, not like i'll lose any sleep over never playing them.
  • Vok 250Vok 250217,263
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 19:57Permalink
    Anyone have any comments on Don't Sink? I'm a huge fan of Sid Meier's Pirates and it looks similar.
  • Posted on 03 September 18 at 22:02Permalink
    Zasta 360GameTV said:
    Wouldn't that be bad for you then? Seeing as how you only have 5 completions, all of which are easy.
  • Jasecw2Jasecw2311,605
    Posted on 03 September 18 at 22:21Permalink
    is there a $4.99 option for Walking Dead Final season? I only see $19.99 for the season pass
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.