Game Discussion: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Forum

Achievements are glitched?

AuthorMessage
EuroSlayer GB
EuroSlayer GB
Posted on 24 September 18 at 06:44
It vary's on a match by match basis for me. Some matches everything counts, others nothing counts. I have not had some things progress and others not. About 50% of my matches currently seem to count
FxH Final
FxH Final
Posted on 24 September 18 at 07:46, Edited on 24 September 18 at 07:48 by FxH Final
It's not only a matter of matches. Even in a match in which the achievements are working, only few of them are tracking. An example: yesterday i played a solo match on Miramar and i got a progress with the CQB achievement, but in the same game, kills with sniper/AR further than 100m (marksman achievement) and granades (nade achievement) didn't count...

Personally, I believe that problems with the achievements are first of all related to server communication. Microsoft servers and pubg records are not synchronized, which generates a tremendous delay (the reason why someone has the achievements tracking since the first day, someone else just got them few days ago and many others like me are still waiting to enter in the list of "tracking players"). Therefore, I think that we (I'm referring to whom, like me, has none of his achievements tracking) got tracked only if we kill someone who's tracked.
Then, for sure, there are some bugs like the QBU/QBZ they were talking about, but they're secondary for sure.
FxH Final
FxH Final
Posted on 24 September 18 at 07:54
Just another tip: when I check my progress while playing on xbox, they are shown (actually I have few % on CQB and marksman). But, if I check them from xbox live website/app, they are not reported... Indeed, neither trueachievements is reporting the progress...
MAGR3LO BH
103,889 103,889 GamerScore
MAGR3LO BH
Posted on 25 September 18 at 21:37
I've got two achievements yesterday playing on Erangel.
Kill 20 players with bare hands and get into a vehicle with an enemy player.
brent1221
brent1221
Posted on 26 September 18 at 02:01
So I just randomly had 2 games track on Sanhok. Got the Pacifist, Dead Enemy clothes and OD on boosts to pop and got credit for Top 10. However, my kills did not count in the game I got 3 kills. I was using the QBU/QBZ though.
MAGR3LO BH
103,889 103,889 GamerScore
MAGR3LO BH
Posted on 26 September 18 at 12:54
Ghost achievement pop for me on Erangel.
I equiped a silenced pistol, crossbow and VSS.
ninjaraiden2003
Posted on 26 September 18 at 20:54
In the last few days I've managed to finish off a couple of achievements I wanted to get done. Killing 10 people from a vehicle with a weapona and running 10 people over with a vehicle.

The trick for me to get a bit more consistent progress was to turn off Sanhok before searching and hope that I get Erengal and NOT Mirimar as my first match. If I did I'd try getting a quick kill, usually on an AFKer and check to see if the progress tracker went up, that way I'd know that achievements were tracking in this match and then meant I could play out the match accordingly going for whatever achievements I was working on.

If my kill on someone wouldn't go up on the tracker I'd leave the game, close PUBG to dashboard, relaunch it and repeat the process. It wasn't a 100% guaranteed strategy but it seemed to work a helluva lot more than not for me. Erengal as my first game once the game has been fired up seems to work. Sometimes even getting Mirimar as a 2nd game after that one would count progress too.
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 26 September 18 at 23:52
It so stupid how I have a bad game for my record all because achievements don't work. I wish none of mine counted so I wouldn't have a bad game for my record until they fix
DubstepEdgelord
FxH Final
FxH Final
Posted on 27 September 18 at 07:43
Yesterday I got a whole game tracked, in which all the achievements were working. I managed to unlock as much as possible in that match. After this game, everything turned bugged again.

I'm reporting that Just to confirm that the problem is not only account-related, but also match-related. So, good luck everyone. My suggestion is: when inside a game, if you kill someone, take a look to the progress of your achievements. If it got tracked, then try to do as many achievements as possible. Otherwise, just play and enjoy the game.
S P 4 C E Y
S P 4 C E Y
Posted on 27 September 18 at 20:49
DubstepEdgelord said:
It so stupid how I have a bad game for my record all because achievements don't work. I wish none of mine counted so I wouldn't have a bad game for my record until they fix
Trust me, this isn’t the reason your record is poor at the moment... laugh
Category 3D SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
The Jobbymaster
Posted on 27 September 18 at 21:23
ninjaraiden2003 said:
In the last few days I've managed to finish off a couple of achievements I wanted to get done. Killing 10 people from a vehicle with a weapona and running 10 people over with a vehicle.

The trick for me to get a bit more consistent progress was to turn off Sanhok before searching and hope that I get Erengal and NOT Mirimar as my first match. If I did I'd try getting a quick kill, usually on an AFKer and check to see if the progress tracker went up, that way I'd know that achievements were tracking in this match and then meant I could play out the match accordingly going for whatever achievements I was working on.

If my kill on someone wouldn't go up on the tracker I'd leave the game, close PUBG to dashboard, relaunch it and repeat the process. It wasn't a 100% guaranteed strategy but it seemed to work a helluva lot more than not for me. Erengal as my first game once the game has been fired up seems to work. Sometimes even getting Mirimar as a 2nd game after that one would count progress too.
Exactly what I have been doing since 1.0 launched!
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 28 September 18 at 08:18
The Jobbymaster said:
ninjaraiden2003 said:

Exactly what I have been doing since 1.0 launched!
This sounds like a nice idea but even using this kind of approach I have not managed to get a single achievement to track other than 1000 kills. (Apart from the initial 9). Very frustrating.

And still no word from Blueballs other than "We think its an issue with the QBZ/QBU. -_-
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 28 September 18 at 08:22
This game is the biggest sham release on xbox so far. It's verging on a criminal act at this point laughangry
Luna go sky
Luna go sky
Posted on 29 September 18 at 06:19, Edited on 29 September 18 at 06:19 by Luna go sky
Update from Community Weekly post (Week 4)

For October, there are currently two patches planned along with a hotfix coming next week on October 1. The hotfix next week will fix an issue with achievements not tracking or unlocking properly:

Fixed an issue with achievements where in some instances, the User ID sent to the server was not sent back to the profile.
Petrolium Bear
Posted on 29 September 18 at 07:31
Luna go sky said:

For October, there are currently two patches planned along with a hotfix coming next week on October 1. The hotfix next week will fix an issue with achievements not tracking or unlocking properly:

Fixed an issue with achievements where in some instances, the User ID sent to the server was not sent back to the profile.
toast
Mr Bear if you dare
Arkham#8076
Arkham
Posted on 29 September 18 at 08:17
Luna go sky said:

Does this mean all the achievements we should have unlocked will pop immediately following the update?
Luna go sky
Luna go sky
Posted on 30 September 18 at 03:52
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
Luna go sky said:

Does this mean all the achievements we should have unlocked will pop immediately following the update?
I don't think so. based on the cause of the problem, if the information (from the achievement track) never reached your profile, that means it was lost.
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:06
S P 4 C E Y said:
DubstepEdgelord said:
Trust me, this isn’t the reason your record is poor at the moment... laugh
Sad thing is, that is true.
DubstepEdgelord
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 01 October 18 at 05:53
According to one of them on their official Reddit there will be a hotfix today related to achievements.

And even if it works..... They said it won't have them popping retroactively and we'll have to do them all again. So this will include any weapon specific kills you got etc -_-

Beyond annoyed.

There's definitely some achievements there that I expect I will never manage a second time. Smh.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 01 October 18 at 07:39
Luna go sky said:
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
Luna go sky said:

I don't think so. based on the cause of the problem, if the information (from the achievement track) never reached your profile, that means it was lost.
To be expected
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.