Game Discussion: Need for Speed: Carbon Forum

Servers up? URGENT HELP NEEDED

AuthorMessage
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 11 September 18 at 16:05
So for anyone following Battlefield Bad Company and all that I got a ton of older games up.

Trying to test servers, about to double box though my other xbox is garbage. If I can't get it working here's the deal.

I manage to connect to EA Servers now, and can get to Ranked Match and searching for players before it times out finding players. Can anyone get on with accounts and see if you can connect to races?

Thanks guys.
Im soo stealthy, I feel like my knife has a silencer...
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 11 September 18 at 16:10
Can 100% confirm that my alt was "Searching for Players" I waited a bit, searched with my other account and both were "Joining Game" until I got the error that "Could Not Join Game. Please try to join a different game" so possible my internet is being garbage. Wanna see if this is just the main error/past issue, or what.
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 12 September 18 at 09:11
The main error since Nov 2017 is this one:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Need-for-Speed-Games/Need-fo...

https://twitter.com/TAKoreXbox/status/1004346522736226304

I would be willing to make a test with someone else but I can't make it alone.
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 12 September 18 at 12:11
That's still the issue. Thanks for confirming!
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 12 September 18 at 12:13
Do you think someone is going to investigate the issue then? I've never been able to get proper return from EA, expect from their EA Help CM stating they would push the issue to devs.
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 12 September 18 at 12:48
Ive got it ready for my next post to offer them, but unlike the other EA issue I wont be constantly following up like I was.

Basically let me wrap up what I have with MoH 2010 and Skate 2, and then im going to focus on those 3 and see what I can manage for Carbon. Once I send it off itll be in their hands. This server things been a nightmare XD
OTL Gloryy
OTL Gloryy
Posted on 13 September 18 at 04:18
No, this wont be fixed, this has been going on for over 8 months with no results, me and about 8 others have attempted to try to search and either cant connect to ea or get the same message. Thus the achievements are unobtainable
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 13 September 18 at 04:42
Thank you, though let me do some work with the team and see what I come up with too. Probably screwed, but still worth a shot.
Best in America
Posted on 16 November 18 at 06:26
Yeah its not looking good, among the 8 are me, my wife, and a few friends who played the game a looong time ago. Korewahondes said it best, you do not get a proper return from EA.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 21 November 18 at 09:26
Its been a while since we visited the topic, but we did get 8ish games back up. Ill be following up post holiday madness
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 23 November 18 at 16:57
Your work is appreciated! toast

FYI, I tweeted them once again and got the same stupid answer as everytime: "post this to the forums". IT'S BEEN IN THEIR FORUMS SINCE 1 YEAR LOL!!!

https://twitter.com/TAKoreXbox/status/1064901896090148864
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 25 November 18 at 13:25
No problem and thank you. I'll provide updates in the next couple months on this
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 28 November 18 at 22:09
Per Private PM's User is going to remain anonymous but my response to someone asking about getting on the company.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah my contacts are spread out, not sure if you were around for when we got the Bad Company, command and conquer and all that done but im still working with them and a few new people.

Basically Carbon has been put on the side but still being researched on their own time as far as im aware and keep getting updated (IE EA hasen't been putting resources on it because they have newer games making them money or going to make them money which from a business sense makes complete sense.) but that being said, the guys ive been alking to are using their own time to prod it here and there.

Medal of Honor is a mess and seperate from this issue but that's another one I got them working on. So im seperating MoH 2010 and NFS Carbon here. But the general consensus is that they don't wanna pay employees to work on a game that no one was playing really to begin with.

The goal with this is that after things calm down they plan early in the year to investigate reports of problems and Carbon has been added to said list along with MoH. When that happens we may see an adjustment. Servers are technically up on their end its the matchmaking system thats completely fubar'd.

Ill add this to the forum but at this point it's a patience and reupdate matter around February.

As a side note, ive offered to take on EA Mod for the game. Not sure if that's gonna fly, but if it does, ill be hosting sessions to give it out for a couple months etc. and will have a news article published if the rest of staff deem it reasonable.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 28 November 18 at 22:22
Quick side note, all parties involved are now defunct. Publishing sector, devs, etc are toast.

Ghost came after, and could escalate but won't do anything for the game directly.

At this point, best course of action is to just wait it out and follow up in February with my contacts. Sorry guys. But ill update when I can.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 29 November 18 at 20:40
Apparently need for speed carbon remastered hust got announced.... so uhhhhh... if that's true then guess we got some work to do.

I'll keep updayed
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 29 November 18 at 21:01
It was fake news I believe. Either way more updates coming soon
MrBond00797
Posted on 30 November 18 at 00:25
There is a list of games that I put forward to them that had online withdrawn but i mention NFS specifically.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/BRING-BACK-ONLINE-S...

From what I've heard Ghost is a mixture of all the Devs but it would be a very small team and as mentioned, unlikely you'll find the old crew! That said Undercover that was under Blackbox, that is up and has been all of the time, though no one ive seen has been playing, every time ive attempted the lobby is deserted.
If any of you are up for setting up sessions while we wait I'm down.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 30 November 18 at 01:08
The hot pursuit and under cover online are a bit iffy but had a fix recently. Same with rivals. Carbon is a matchmaking issue. If you check the bad company forums you'll see I've worked on these for quite a while but knew carbon was gonna be a special case. Skate 2 as well went up and came down.

Know that I've forwarded info again. And i just gotta wait till I have more news from my end.

Keeping on it though :3
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 03 December 18 at 09:44
Oh btw, would you be able to have closed servers reopen, like for instance NFS ProStreet and Army of Two? Just wondering what can be done and what can't. ^^
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 03 December 18 at 18:39
Army of Two can't, that was covered about a year ago. That's FUBAR and no fixing it.

NFS Prostreet I think there was an issue with, but ill recheck.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.