punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 17 September 18 at 10:26
None of that trick nonsense

Please click here to read the story: Trials Rising Goes Back to Its Roots
RoboTicS83
RoboTicS83
Posted on 17 September 18 at 10:31
Can't wait 12th of February. the game looks fantastic already!
gmurda33
gmurda33
Posted on 17 September 18 at 10:33
i couldnt get past the 4th track because the contract failed at about 12 seconds into it everytime
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 17 September 18 at 10:52
gmurda33 said:
i couldnt get past the 4th track because the contract failed at about 12 seconds into it everytime
I had the same problem, but there was a workaround. You needed to delete the reserved space data from your console and then restart the game. This generated a new ghost and allowed you to complete the track.
The Manic Moose
Posted on 17 September 18 at 11:00
I have codes for the closed beta which I understand ends today but have only just got back from holiday. Does anyone know what time it closes? It would be good to try it out later after work!
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 17 September 18 at 11:24
Glad FMX isn’t included in the new iteration, not really a welcome Trials mechanic.

Also glad to hear of the customisation options; Trials Fusion didn’t really slow for much customisation at all.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
Sky Maniac
Sky Maniac
Posted on 17 September 18 at 11:28
haven't even been able to play the beta as every track I load is a black screen...

however played the Techincal test and absolutely loved it.
TrojanOdyssey
TrojanOdyssey
Posted on 17 September 18 at 11:45
Sky Maniac said:
haven't even been able to play the beta as every track I load is a black screen...

Go into gameplay/video settings and change your brightness. It's was the same issue I had. For some reason after the Technical test, my brightness was set to 0.
mrbellek
mrbellek
Posted on 17 September 18 at 12:34
Loot boxes? Pass.
IHeartParamore
Posted on 17 September 18 at 12:37
Got invitee to the beta. Gutted I'm not able to take part in it though.
Dark Sonic X6
Dark Sonic X6
Posted on 17 September 18 at 12:51
Looks fantastic!
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
Sky Maniac
Sky Maniac
Posted on 17 September 18 at 13:31
TrojanOdyssey said:
Sky Maniac said:

Go into gameplay/video settings and change your brightness. It's was the same issue I had. For some reason after the Technical test, my brightness was set to 0.
gah didn't even check!

hopefully it's still running when I get home from work
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 17 September 18 at 13:43
Very happy to hear and see this news!! So long FMX, you won't be missed...ready to get back to basics and tear this up! Pre-ordered already.
Fried Karma
Fried Karma
Posted on 17 September 18 at 19:26
I love the Trails games but I really suck when it comes to the harder courses.
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 18 September 18 at 04:31
One of my favourite series, really looking for forward to this. But I am a little disappointed that they're taking out the FMX tricks. They're required for very few courses, and are completely optional on every other, so I don't really see how it could have upset anybody outside of the perfectionists, who did have to use the FMX trick system in order to complete challenges.
Edos
Edos
Posted on 18 September 18 at 08:54
Noodles Jr said:
One of my favourite series, really looking for forward to this. But I am a little disappointed that they're taking out the FMX tricks. They're required for very few courses, and are completely optional on every other, so I don't really see how it could have upset anybody outside of the perfectionists, who did have to use the FMX trick system in order to complete challenges.
I had to buy a new controller because my broken right stick caused me doing tricks mid air constantly laugh
Anyways, tricks were pointless imo, neither did it add a fun aspect. From what I remember it was just annoying how the character sometimes had a hard time actually doing the trick, depsite holding the controller the right way + recoveries didn't always work for some reason
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 18 September 18 at 13:59
Fried Karma said:
I love the Trails games but I really suck when it comes to the harder courses.
I put soooo many hours in to the first game because it was fun and very basic, but it was very difficult to master because of how basic the controls were (if that makes sense). Watching replays and seeing their controller movements really helped me, and before I knew it, I was knocking out extreme tracks with no faults and getting gold and platinum medals. It is so rewarding to finally platinum the tracks...Especially Redlynx vs the sword achievement (Fusion). Practice, practice, practice!
MachineGryphon
Posted on 18 September 18 at 14:57
I had the bug on the fourth track as well, and it was a day or so before I discovered the workaround so didn't get as much time with the Beta as I'd have liked.

I didn't manage to get to the extremes, which is what I really wanted to play, but the hard tracks I did play were smooth and enjoyable. Seems like more of an Evo vibe than Fusion, and much more use of physics objects.

I did like some of the challenges. I remember having to find a spot for backflips on one of the tracks, as there really wasn't space between most checkpoints. I like the idea of random 3 strike competitions against other's ghosts too, even though I butchered it on the last track.

I'm never a fan of lootboxes, but as long as they stay cosmetic I couldn't care less to be honest. I only opened a couple and then ignored the rest I got. And I'm dancing on the grave of FMX and Blood Dragon bullshit.

Overall pretty pleased. Seems like Redlynx have listened to fans and dispensed with all the gimmicks that started creeping in with Fusion. Got some concerns but pretty hyped for release and those diamond medals.
Machinegryphon
RidiculousBox
RidiculousBox
Posted on 20 September 18 at 13:50
I will! Until I will get an Xbox One, actually....
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.