The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: September 18th, 2018

  • RadiantViperRadiantViper742,594
    Posted on 18 September 18 at 09:28, Edited on 18 September 18 at 09:29 by RadiantViperPermalink
    SonOfStayPuft82 said:
    I’m tempted to get the Sunset Overdrive Season Pass for £4. Is the DLC good?
    It's fairly short but fun. New weapons and easy achievements (except for the multiplayer which you'll probably have to boost).
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz277,305
    Posted on 18 September 18 at 10:22Permalink
    Gottle said:
    Forza Horizon 2 addon pack is back, and in (heavy) sale. Too bad I've just bought what I needed -_-
    Do you know if any of this pack is needed for achievements? I.e. specific cars. Or is I just to have a massive boost of cars in the game?
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 12:03Permalink
    I'd highly recommend all of what Just Cause 3 has to offer, at that price. Even if you're adept at the base game, the DLC is worth the cost.
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 12:06, Edited on 18 September 18 at 12:06 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    FiveWizz said:
    Gottle said:
    Forza Horizon 2 addon pack is back, and in (heavy) sale. Too bad I've just bought what I needed -_-
    Do you know if any of this pack is needed for achievements? I.e. specific cars. Or is I just to have a massive boost of cars in the game?
    The Add-on Collection includes everything. The 2 DLCs that actually contain achievements are in it (Storm Island and Porsche Pack), as well as VIP and a bunch of car packs. Unlike FH1 or FM5, however, you don't need extra cars for anything.

    If you haven't bought either of the achievemeng-bearing DLC yet, and that's all you care about, you're probably better off getting the collection at this point. Storm Island is on sale for $10, but the Porsche Pack is still full price ($10). I guess if you really want to save $3, or chance the Porsche Pack going on sale next week, you could wait.
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 12:29Permalink
    Blizzard Mountain, finally! Now I just need Horizon 3.
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 12:38Permalink
    IxisNaugus said:
    Recently picked up Sunset Overdrive and hoped the season pass would go on special again before playing it. Stroke of good luck for me, can't wait to get into it, looks like a lot of fun!
    Fun is the right word, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

    Got Pang Adventures & Subject 13, maybe getting Kay (360) too. But very pleased with the 2 games I got clap.
    Beware of the grammar police!
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz277,305
    Posted on 18 September 18 at 12:55Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    FiveWizz said:
    Gottle said:
    Forza Horizon 2 addon pack is back, and in (heavy) sale. Too bad I've just bought what I needed -_-
    Do you know if any of this pack is needed for achievements? I.e. specific cars. Or is I just to have a massive boost of cars in the game?
    The Add-on Collection includes everything. The 2 DLCs that actually contain achievements are in it (Storm Island and Porsche Pack), as well as VIP and a bunch of car packs. Unlike FH1 or FM5, however, you don't need extra cars for anything.

    If you haven't bought either of the achievemeng-bearing DLC yet, and that's all you care about, you're probably better off getting the collection at this point. Storm Island is on sale for $10, but the Porsche Pack is still full price ($10). I guess if you really want to save $3, or chance the Porsche Pack going on sale next week, you could wait.
    Ooooof I've got a bit of a dilemma then as I bought the Storm Island one ages ago on sale and didn't actually realise there was a second Porsche one. I've not actually started the game yet I might just pray there's an individual sale on Porsche next week which is quite unlikely. Doh.

    Cheers btw.
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 13:02Permalink
    i bought sunset overdrive season pass but never started the game due to crappy online achievements, and why the hell is microsoft delisting forza 2, one of their OWN exclusives, i don't get it. sony don't, never even heard of the stupidity of it till i bought an xbox.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper742,594
    Posted on 18 September 18 at 13:09Permalink
    JakThaRiPP3R84 said:
    i bought sunset overdrive season pass but never started the game due to crappy online achievements, and why the hell is microsoft delisting forza 2, one of their OWN exclusives, i don't get it. sony don't, never even heard of the stupidity of it till i bought an xbox.
    A) Licenses. Being an exclusive has nothing to do with license agreements running out
    B) Gran Turismo 6 was delisted
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 13:12, Edited on 18 September 18 at 13:13 by ThreeHaddock62Permalink
    JakThaRiPP3R84 said:
    i bought sunset overdrive season pass but never started the game due to crappy online achievements, and why the hell is microsoft delisting forza 2, one of their OWN exclusives, i don't get it. sony don't, never even heard of the stupidity of it till i bought an xbox.
    You mean like the Gran Turismo games? I think only the newest one is available still. The others, and their DLC have been delisted

    Edit: Ninja'd :)
    Hola
  • Darkroder92Darkroder92124,225 124,225 GamerScore
    Posted on 18 September 18 at 13:17Permalink
    I got tricked when i bought killer instinct definitive edition for 40$ physical copy they don't give you the newly characters for free (shin hisako-kilgore and eagle) as its only for digital copy works
    $True Gaming $
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 13:18Permalink
    Odd how only half of forza 3 dlc is on sale. I wanna hit up the hot wheels DLC but not at full price
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 13:22Permalink
    Anyone can explain this?!
    Dead Rising 4 in a complete package is 45 euro.
    The season pass is only 8 euro....
    I can get the full physical copy for 12 euro, 20 euro max...

    What is the logic of that? roll
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 14:03, Edited on 18 September 18 at 14:04 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    FreshMeatRadio said:
    Odd how only half of forza 3 dlc is on sale. I wanna hit up the hot wheels DLC but not at full price
    For whatever reason, they have a tendency to be really sporadic with the Forza DLC that goes on sale. This is the first time that Blizzard Mountain has been $5, so I'm assuming a sale for Hot Wheels at that price should follow eventually. The Hot Wheels DLC has only gone on sale twice since release, but both times it was for $5.
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 14:37Permalink
    Blizzard Mountain, thank you very much.

    Anyone know if the Hoonigan Car pack will likely go on Sale or has been before?
    Law Violation
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 14:38Permalink
    FreshMeatRadio said:
    Odd how only half of forza 3 dlc is on sale. I wanna hit up the hot wheels DLC but not at full price
    Dude you missed out on Hot Wheels about 2-3 weeks ago.
    Law Violation
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 15:50, Edited on 18 September 18 at 15:51 by Mannschaft570Permalink
    nightw0lf said:
    Mannschaft570 said:
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Kinda tempted by Killer Instinct Complete, but I also want to continue being petty and hold out for it to go GWG laugh
    I'm often tempted too, then I remember it's on sale every two months or so anyway smile
    I was waiting for season 3 to go GwG, but finally went for the Definitive Edition. It's really worth it for this price, even if you have the first two seasons from previous GwG.

    Also, there's a group of us in a regular weekly boosting session for the ranked win achievements. If you want those, I'd highly recommend getting in on the action sooner rather than later. It's a fun session.

    Bonus: KI is awesome for your TA ratio. It's time-consuming, sure, but many of the per-character achievements are a 6-10 ratio.
    Yeah it's good ratio-wise, I've done a good chunk of the grind already, but I still have a lot of stuff to do. But thanks for the advice, maybe I'll join a session someday smile
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 17:50Permalink
    If anyone picks up Sebastien Loeb, send me a message (on Live) and we can knock out the single multiplayer achievement. I've been periodically checking that deadest of dead servers for over a year now and cannot get a single person for a single game! The game itself is OK, certainly comparable to the WRC series in quality (so-so).

    Also, Moto GP18 on sale. Mine.
    Brooks
  • Large CoffeeLarge Coffee346,752
  • Posted on 18 September 18 at 18:19Permalink
    Law Violation said:
    Blizzard Mountain, thank you very much.

    Anyone know if the Hoonigan Car pack will likely go on Sale or has been before?
    i've had horizon 3 for over a year, and hoonigan i bought full price, i've seen quality sales, and dl sales and it's the only one that never did.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.