Game Discussion: Gems of War Forum

Exalted Achievement Questions

AuthorMessage
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 18 September 18 at 21:33
I am trying to simplify what needs to be done to get the achievement. I read the guides, but am really looking to break down the steps since it seems leveling the one you want is counter productive. Please correct/clarify if this is correct:

1. Choose faction to keep at level 20 to finish all levels and level up Horde to 10
2. Push through to highest level without casualties/and highest level needed
3. Push through to highest level with Faction troops

I was trying on the Hall of Guardians but the general consensus is that Crypt Keepers is easiest. My current HoG team is Gorgetha, Divinia, Infernus, Ketras the Bull with HoG banner.

I just wanted to not continue working on HoG if CK is easier/faction troops stronger.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 19 September 18 at 13:51
Crypt Keepers is the easiest because their faction team's legendary troop having a (seemingly way too high) chance of instakilling enemies with their power, which means that with enough tries and some decent luck, you can brute force even the high delve levels with it. For any other current faction, I'd imagine you'd have to get your horde to like 1000 or something to even stand a chance at beating level 500 with the faction team.

Also to clarify, it's quick enough to get the horde quality to 10, but this is separate from the horde level, which has a presumed highest level of 1000. You technically only need it at 100 to get the max renown from it though.
What can change the nature of a man?
Gacys Clown
265,508 265,508 GamerScore
Gacys Clown
Posted on 20 September 18 at 00:53
The other thing that makes Crypt Keepers easier is that their color limitations allow you to use the powerful Divines like Infernus, Ubastet, Divine Ishbaala, etc. And for some reason, it allows the Hero's color to be whatever, so you can use Divine Protector too if needed.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 20 September 18 at 01:02
I may try them for a bit to see. I don't have Ubastet (sad face) but have the others. I think I goofed on that faction and it's at 100 already. guh
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 20 September 18 at 07:38
If only Divine Protector was actually available to acquire through normal means...
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 20 September 18 at 11:25
Right? I forked out the five bucks to grab it when it was the weapon of the week. I managed to get the CK Legendary. Figured I'd stick with HoG for low level dwelves and toss the shards into CK to gather the troops there before I start on it. My HoG is almost 10 and 86. Not sure if that's the way to go or if I should Dwelve there for now and work on the chest at CK. So confusing...
AgentZachMorgan
AgentZachMorgan
Posted on 20 September 18 at 17:01
There's an easy way to get to 500 with no need for divines.

Dragon's Eye weapon transforms an enemy into a level 12 Dragon regardless of the enemy level.

The team I'm using for Crypt Keepers: Dragon's Eye (Titan class), Tesla, Queen Aurora, Queen Mab. +2 brown. I'm on 330 with a hoard level of 144 and it's a pushover. Getting to 500 is easy, however beating it with the faction team relies on praying to the rng gods and hoping you get a streak of instakills. I'm aiming for a hoard level of around 200 before I try it.
I came here to eat donuts and drink coffee... and I'm all out of donuts.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 20 September 18 at 18:43
Hm. I have Dragon's Eye nearly maxed out, will look into it later. Don't have Tesla, but that can probably be substituted. I prefer my Dragonguard to Titan anyway.
Its Uncle Kev
Its Uncle Kev
Posted on 21 September 18 at 07:31
I’m with awoo. I’ll be using dragonguard and my dragon team for the 500.

I’m working on maxing dragon eye out to get more bonuses from it. But currently for crypt keepers,

Mang
Dragon Soul
Visk
Divinia

That team is nasty and amazing. I don’t even have any traits on Div and missing the last one for visk and they are still crazy as can be.

All 4 have red mastery
All are dragons
All are from dragon claw

So that’s also a nice bonus to throw in there. I stopped at 90 to maximize my earnings till I get my remaining 10 horde levels to hit 100 and the 1 horde quality to hit ten. At that point I’ll just be doing th three battl s and progressing as far as I can go until I can’t. Then I’ll worry about upgrading it more.(hoping at that point with faction events I’ll have a good amount of elephants and the one below it to push my levels fast and save money)
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 21 September 18 at 15:39, Edited on 21 September 18 at 17:35 by xXOdessaXx
I was using the Dragon's Eye on the last Faction event and it is pretty sweet. I may even upgrade it some. Dawnbringer is such a far away goal (only 700k souls to go).

Divinia is hands down one of my favorite support classes. If I can use her then she's always in slot. In HoG she can get the health into the 190s, which makes Ketras hit like a mac truck. Her traits are worth farming or using an orb for. Constantly enchanting and submerging allies.

AgentZachMorgan: I don't have Queen Arora. Need to trait Mab out. I'll definitely try that team. Both my Titan and Dragongard class are over 70, so that's something. I love using Tesla. She's the first I kicked up to Mythic, actually.

Is the general consensus for Faction troops that CK is the strongest to use?

EDIT: I checked and don't have Queen Aurora. Any possible replacements?
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 22 September 18 at 17:53, Edited on 24 October 18 at 01:35 by DrSchlepenstein
Unfortunately, I have never had the luck to get Dragon Soul, Divinia. Queen Arora, or Queen Mab. Also still missing a lot of other Legendary and Mythic cards, that seem to be used the majority of setups listed online.

I keep changing up my team cause I have yet to find one that seems to work well against everything in the Delve Dungeon. I've made it to level 70 with a makeshift team in Crypt in Keepers, but haven't been able to pass it yet. I started with a Ghulvania based team, simple because of the damage that Avina does to undead enemies, which was great for clearing the first and last battles, but was unaffective against anything else, and was using Draakulis and Nosferatu, Soul of Xathenos (Death Knight Class).

I've tried changing things around and had slightly better luck with a Dragon based team, using Visk, Dragon Turtle, Venoxia, and Dragon's Eye (Dragonguard).

Got to Level 130 in Hall of Guardians using the Faction team, but I seem to have hit the wall there. Probably need to get the chest upgraded further, its at Q10, but only level 80.

My biggest issue seems to be getting shards. I keep All Seeing Eye low, so that I could farm it, but the only time I seem to get any decent shards is during the Faction Events, and I do the same thing, just keep farming the initial level 20 enemies then runaway before beating the last fight. Don't get much in shards from doing it, but I get my score up quicker to get all the rewards, which nets a couple of 100 easy. I don't seem to notice much difference in the amount of shards gained on lower vs higher delve levels, or even that much difference between the delve chest levels. Which is why I keep farming out All Seeing Eye on Level 40 (its the 1x multiplier for me).

I think the 3 a day limit for delves is stupid and just makes this more of a grind.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 25 September 18 at 07:33, Edited on 25 September 18 at 07:47 by neeker75
I'm at 300 for All-Seeing Eye. I'm using Mang-Queen Mab-Kraken-Krystenax. Horde level 120. It has been getting harder. Sometimes I get one-shot (by Lady Ironbeard mostly since she does triple damage when her armor is higher than the troop she attacks). There were days I don't win any dwelve due to hopeless starting board, and there were days I breezed through it thanks to matches going my way, Mang stripping armor off multiple enemies, and Kraken devouring.

I'm halfheartedly thinking of switching to Crypt Keepers. Honestly I haven't been reading much about the faction troops, so I only saw today that one of their troops has an instakill. It sounds like a good thing to have. laugh

Unfortunately this means I'd have to start all over again for my faction troops collection. I've already ascend two of my All-Seeing Eye troops to mythic, and the other two are legendary. All are fully traited too. Having to re-up horde levels and quality will also be a chore.

I do have Dragon's Eye now at +10. I've so many freaking ingots, I don't know what to do with them to be honest because I don't use other weapons at all.

This achievement gives me a headache at times.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 25 September 18 at 11:58
Hooboy! Yeah, this is the reason I am trying to see which faction troop will be able to make it to 500. I didn't want to go all out for possible troops when there might be some better selections. My CK is at 90 so until I get my horde level up I am just spending shards there and picking at the level. I have the instakill one, which is a plus. Haven't tried her to test it out though.
Its Uncle Kev
Its Uncle Kev
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:48
This is what you guys should do. Increase all factions for more renown. You get benefits for hitting certain markers which is cool.

However, if you finished up a team(trait, mythic), when buying more troops or treasure, go into another faction and make the purchase. Doesn’t hurt anything and you’ll get the benefit of getting that factions troops to help raise them up for such occasions
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 28 September 18 at 06:14, Edited on 28 September 18 at 06:15 by neeker75
The thing with buying the faction troops is that you can only buy the legendary troop at the last tier repeatedly. For All-Seeing Eye, it'd be Ocularen. I've already mythic it, and now I have 12 copies of it. laugh
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 28 September 18 at 15:32
Noice! I need to review which factions are complete tonight. I could kick myself for upping CK so high without a full team. I want to try Zach's team this weekend as well. There's been so much going on. My Titan class is only 74. Such a long way to 100! Jeesh,.
Its Uncle Kev
Its Uncle Kev
Posted on 28 September 18 at 19:38, Edited on 28 September 18 at 19:39 by Its Uncle Kev
My dragon class is only like lvl 44 I think. So far I’ve made it to floor 200 and completed it today. So not bad for not having it fully upgraded.

Edit: forgot to add. Lvling up classes takes forever indeed. I
Only use classes during guild events and faction delves.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 30 September 18 at 00:19
I'm using dragon class too for the barrier bonus at Level 30 (I think). It keeps my Hero alive long enough to cast Dragon's Eye. 15 brown sometimes take forever with these shit starting boards.

At floor 200 yesterday (CK), my Hero was moved to the last spot, and I had two troops killed off before the last battle. In the last battle, my 3rd troop died, and I still won it with Dragon's Eye alone changing all four into Baby Dragons, and the subsequent explosions of gems falling kindly with skulls to kill them off. This must be the luckiest Gems of War battle I ever had.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 06 October 18 at 12:04, Edited on 06 October 18 at 12:06 by Awoo
Dragon's Eye + Arachnean Weaver + two other troops that can easily create mana = Crypt Keeper ez wins. I use Infernus and Pharos-Ra, but the latter should probably be replaced with Divinia or something. Infernus is really good for getting loads of mana though, and since he burns all enemies on 4/5-gem matches (third trait), that also makes my hero do triple skull damage from the level 100 Dragonguard talent, which is on top of the attack boost from the Razor Armor talent. Pretty much oneshots most enemies even before they become baby dragons, and I reckon it should do serious damage even to high level delve foes. The best scenario however is when the eye transforms one of the bottom enemies, allowing Weaver to instakill it, exploding the board and refilling mana immediately to repeat the process. I think this should be enough to power through all the delve levels, but we shall find out in a few days when CK get another faction event...
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 06 October 18 at 14:03
I watched Tacet try for the Faction run and trying to get through it with rng and the legendary doesn't seem like a solid plan. I was hoping they'd have a team strong enough to get through without hoping the instakill worked. :/
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.