Game Discussion: Gems of War Forum

Exalted Achievement Questions

AuthorMessage
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 03 November 18 at 20:49
MemoriesOfFinal said:
Larvi said:
Soon will be working on the faction team clear hopefully, so looking for ideas for team composition for that if anyone has any experience.
My recommendations:

Thanks for the detailed response. Do you recall what level horde you had when you beat it with Crypt Keepers?

I do wish they would change the faction events to start at your current level rather than at lvl 1 so you could have a better chance at achieving this. It would also be more useful to get the other factions up to 500.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 03 November 18 at 20:55
Faction events starting at 1 is a blessing imo, makes it way easier to tear through delves since lower floors have exactly the same rewards as higher ones.
What can change the nature of a man?
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 03 November 18 at 21:08
Maybe make it let you pick your level from 1 up until the max you've unlocked then.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 04 November 18 at 04:53
Larvi said:
MemoriesOfFinal said:
Larvi said:
Soon will be working on the faction team clear hopefully, so looking for ideas for team composition for that if anyone has any experience.
My recommendations:

Thanks for the detailed response. Do you recall what level horde you had when you beat it with Crypt Keepers?

I do wish they would change the faction events to start at your current level rather than at lvl 1 so you could have a better chance at achieving this. It would also be more useful to get the other factions up to 500.
I beat Crypt Keepers when I was at Hoard Level 193. I've seen people beat it at Level 100 though. 193 isn't enough though if you wanted to survive 1 shot from Spectral Knight in the boss room.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 04 November 18 at 08:39, Edited on 04 November 18 at 08:45 by Awoo
MemoriesOfFinal said:
I've seen people beat it at Level 100 though
Bull fucking shit.

Another day of getting annihilated on battle 2. So many teams that are just impossible matchups with essentially no chance of winning even if you suffer no casualties in battle 1, which in itself is pretty god damn rare. This is making me wanna kill myself.

I think after Spectral Knight gets fixed, it will be more efficient to just run a team of one of each CK troop, or at least switching out the third Morana for SK since she hardly ever gets to do anything anyway and it hurts to see all the constant purple go to waste.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 04 November 18 at 22:01
I couldn't even play Level 500 with faction troops in delve yesterday. Went into the battle, and guess what, there were no enemies to choose from! I had to "leave delve" for no rewards, and wasted 1x sigil.

This achievement has reduced my enjoyment (whatever that was left anyway) to the negative zone.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 05 November 18 at 03:41
I have yet to test this out, cause i'm out of delves for today. But I thought of this when doing the daily challenges. Maybe someone else can confirm or test this.

Does the Faction Team have to have all 4 spots filled with the Faction troops? Cause when doing the daily challenges, when you have the Kingdom specific "beat X amount of battles with "insert Kingdom" troops", you only ever need 3 of those Kingdom's troops for it to meet the requirements.

So I was thinking, what if you only need 3 of the Faction troops and the 4th can be whatever you want. Just like with the daily challenges.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 05 November 18 at 06:30
DrSchlepenstein said:
I have yet to test this out, cause i'm out of delves for today. But I thought of this when doing the daily challenges. Maybe someone else can confirm or test this.

Does the Faction Team have to have all 4 spots filled with the Faction troops? Cause when doing the daily challenges, when you have the Kingdom specific "beat X amount of battles with "insert Kingdom" troops", you only ever need 3 of those Kingdom's troops for it to meet the requirements.

So I was thinking, what if you only need 3 of the Faction troops and the 4th can be whatever you want. Just like with the daily challenges.
Sadly, it does have to be 4 spots filled with faction troops. Even 3 faction troops + the hero isn't good enough to qualify. At least they don't have to be 4 unique faction troops, otherwise most of these factions will be a gigantic chore to finish with the faction team at 500.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 05 November 18 at 06:35, Edited on 05 November 18 at 06:36 by neeker75
I've tested several weeks ago. Beat Level 500 with 3x Faction Troops and 1x Hero. It didn't count.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 05 November 18 at 12:33
Anyone else encountered server issues this morning with the Tower of Doom event?
There is always a way.
AgentZachMorgan
AgentZachMorgan
Posted on 05 November 18 at 13:11
The servers went to shit the second after reset, too many people playing. It took an hour for it to be stable again, seems to have been ok since then.
I came here to eat donuts and drink coffee... and I'm all out of donuts.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 05 November 18 at 13:35
Ok. Thanks Zach. I'll give it another go when I get home this evening from work.

On a side note, the Tower of Doom seemed similar to the Delves but at least it's a week long event instead of a daily one.
There is always a way.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 06 November 18 at 03:44
Question on the chest. Once I get to ten, is it better to stick with coin purses and lower look to level?

I am so not happy about this achievement.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 06 November 18 at 03:57
All these add-ons (invasion, siege, pets, dooms and delve)? They're mode's that I won't bother to play with after I get the achievements. They're totally pointless.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 07 November 18 at 11:31
Neeker, the only reason I still play this game is because I'm almost level 600 and there's now a level 1000 achievement. During the 400 levels I'm going to obtain over time, I'm trying to do more of the random events as I don't have all the cards either. This also makes it more playable for me because although I do the delve occasionally, it's mostly the levelling up that I'm concentrating on at the moment. By the time I seriously look at the delve, I'll have enough souls/gold farmed that I should be able to fully trait out a Lady Morana and whatever other faction troop I stick in it. I'm just going to keep building up the chest.

The only thing I can suggest to everyone is to try to stay positive. I noticed that even though the Devs nerfed Dragon's Eye and made the limit to 3 daily and make the chance of getting this achievement pretty much luck based, I would like to think that the majority of people playing on here are genuinely good people and only want to have an enjoyable time with the game, which, the Devs should really be looking into if it is turning away the player base.

I quit Lies of Astaroth recently because they refused to reset my character from level 100 back to level 1 at my request.
There is always a way.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 07 November 18 at 16:12
I still do enjoy the game. I don't understand why they put such frustrating mechanics and events in to kill the fun. RNG isn't challenging. Even the Spooky event was obnoxious. I gave up playing pvp that week. I'd rather lose gems over frustration and the imp showing up in 8 out of the 10 battles.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 07 November 18 at 18:46
2/3 perfect runs out of battle 1 today, both of which got steamrolled in battle 2 lol

As insult to injury, the third run barely escaped battle 1 with only 2 Moranas left, then went on to get godly luck and bring battle 2 down to one enemy left before dying. Where the hell is that kind of luck when I'm on a good run?
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 07 November 18 at 21:44
This is the exact reason why I am skeptical of Morana. I watched Tacet get wrecked a few times attempting it. Not sure how high he had the horde yet.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 08 November 18 at 02:01, Edited on 08 November 18 at 02:30 by neeker75
Everyone who got the achievement now (congrats AR Maximus, the latest to the group) used 3x Lady Morana and 1x Grave Seer, I believe.

As it's entirely luck-based unless you've the resources (say, billions to keep throwing coin purses at the horde for very little horde level progression), it's still the best team to go for this achievement. Why not 4x Lady Morana? Because in the second battle, you don't get the help from an opposing Grave Seer, who'll always make purple to increase the chance for you to instakill them.

Last night, I got to battle 3 for only the second time while attempting this achievement. I KO-ed the second team (one troop left after I got lucky with instakills) with skulls after all my Lady Morana died. Going into the 3rd battle with only Grave Seer, obviously I had no chance whatsoever. But hey, it's progress.

PS: I'm actually quite confident of defeating the 3rd battle if I go into it with a full roster of four troops. It's the second battle that's always the killer. I'm now working towards horde level 500 to try (only 203 now). facepalm
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 08 November 18 at 12:19
I agree with Neeker. It's going to be all about horde levels going forward for this achievement. The sad part is that they keep throwing me garbage. I'm using a Mang, Rock Troll, Xathenos, and that stealth tiger creature that hits hard (can't remember the bloody name right now). All the while, I'm just levelling myself up and getting more unlocked for the Titan class.
There is always a way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.