Game Discussion: Gems of War Forum

Exalted Achievement Questions

AuthorMessage
TheNickOfTime
TheNickOfTime
Posted on 08 November 18 at 12:28
xXOdessaXx said:
This is the exact reason why I am skeptical of Morana. I watched Tacet get wrecked a few times attempting it. Not sure how high he had the horde yet.
I can't force myself to go through the Morana team and rely so much on luck. I'm one of those morons who's playing through All-Seeing-Eye using faction teams laugh

Hoard level 147 and I can beat level 220 daily. Long ways to go yet but at least it's consistent progress.
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 08 November 18 at 15:01
I hear ya NickofTime. I started to build up the Guardians one first and I regretted it immediately when I started struggling a bit more on it. I then started All-Seeing Eye and didn't like the choices for troops at all. I'm now quite high level in Crypt (200+) and I'm not struggling so much as taking my time by not levelling it up daily. My hoard isn't even level 100 yet so I know I got forever to go.
There is always a way.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 08 November 18 at 16:19
neeker75 said:
Everyone who got the achievement now (congrats AR Maximus, the latest to the group) used 3x Lady Morana and 1x Grave Seer, I believe.

As it's entirely luck-based unless you've the resources (say, billions to keep throwing coin purses at the horde for very little horde level progression), it's still the best team to go for this achievement. Why not 4x Lady Morana? Because in the second battle, you don't get the help from an opposing Grave Seer, who'll always make purple to increase the chance for you to instakill them.

Last night, I got to battle 3 for only the second time while attempting this achievement. I KO-ed the second team (one troop left after I got lucky with instakills) with skulls after all my Lady Morana died. Going into the 3rd battle with only Grave Seer, obviously I had no chance whatsoever. But hey, it's progress.

PS: I'm actually quite confident of defeating the 3rd battle if I go into it with a full roster of four troops. It's the second battle that's always the killer. I'm now working towards horde level 500 to try (only 203 now). facepalm
Egads! I don't even have my horde to 100. It's gonna take forever. I just got Ubastet so I'm hoping I can start playing the right side of PvP to get more gold. That's been the biggest issue for me. Trying to keep up with guild tasks and do the horde while playing multiple games.

I guess I'll stop building the HoG one (was trying to level for the boons to move to higher levels) and just pic away at CK.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 08 November 18 at 16:40
I'm thinking we'll see more and more people unlock it but it'll require more in their horde.
There is always a way.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 08 November 18 at 17:49
Got really close today, got through the 2nd battle with all 4 intact and managed to kill the first 2 troops on the 3rd with one Lady left. It all came down to skull drops at that point but the AI got some lucky drops and beat me. But it could have easily gone the other way so I'm confident with enough tries I will beat it.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 08 November 18 at 18:55, Edited on 08 November 18 at 18:55 by Awoo
I almost beat Viper Pit in the second battle today shock Had it down to one enemy, and that's after entering the fight with just two troops... I am convinced the game gives you better rng on runs that start out bad laugh
What can change the nature of a man?
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 09 November 18 at 09:36
Goodluck Larvi. I find it more comforting to know that people aren't giving up on this regardless of the RNG.

And Awoo, just keep levelling up the Horde man. I'm working on it slowly and I find myself playing Gems of War more each day to do all of the things the game offers daily. The only thing I hate doing is PvP but I may do that this weekend to fill time when I'm not at work.
There is always a way.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 09 November 18 at 12:47
My Horde level is only 159 on CK. I've been able to make it to the 2nd battle but have yet to be able to beat it. I think the game hates me when it comes to using LM's skill. Cause no matter how much purple is on the board it only ever works 1 out 25 times it seems.

Went into Battle 1 yesterday, and most have used the skill a good 10+ times. Only once did it work. I beat the battle, but only had 1 LM left and the Grave Seer. I had whittled down the entire enemy team with skull damage (thank you 4 and 5 gem matches for stealing attack) until the last one, which LM's skill finally worked on, even though the shield was already gone.

Then the 2nd battle was against the snake team, and they decimated me in 3 turns.

I think i'm going to try CK once a day and then use the other 2 delves on the other factions to either raise them to get bonuses or farm ASE (which i've kept at a low level) to get what piddly random amount of shards the game decides to give me.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 09 November 18 at 16:35
DrSchlepenstein said:
My Horde level is only 159 on CK. I've been able to make it to the 2nd battle but have yet to be able to beat it. I think the game hates me when it comes to using LM's skill. Cause no matter how much purple is on the board it only ever works 1 out 25 times it seems.

Went into Battle 1 yesterday, and most have used the skill a good 10+ times. Only once did it work. I beat the battle, but only had 1 LM left and the Grave Seer. I had whittled down the entire enemy team with skull damage (thank you 4 and 5 gem matches for stealing attack) until the last one, which LM's skill finally worked on, even though the shield was already gone.

Then the 2nd battle was against the snake team, and they decimated me in 3 turns.

I think i'm going to try CK once a day and then use the other 2 delves on the other factions to either raise them to get bonuses or farm ASE (which i've kept at a low level) to get what piddly random amount of shards the game decides to give me.
You'll get it eventually. I'm intending to build the horde up over time. I expect this will be the last achievement I obtain near the end of 2019.
There is always a way.
XXX DAMORTE XXX
Posted on 10 November 18 at 10:27
Nivel 500 alcançado com essa tropa

Mang ( classe Dragão)
Flame troll
Sheggra
Infernus

Class Dragão Talento

Mang da 3 x mais de dano por caveira com inimigos com queimação
Flame troll enxe mang e sheggra rapidamente
Sheggra use quando tiver muitos vermelhos para fazer muitas caveiras
Infernus causa queimação quando combjna 4 pedras vermelhas

Nivel 500 ja esta feito agora a conquista esta em 80% que convemnhamos é muito desagradavel e demorado.

Quem chegou em 80 % e tem uma dica de como finalizar o restante dos 20 % deixem nos comentarios. Vlw✌✌✌
_.·´¯(_.·´¯(_.·´¯(_.·´¯(_ DAMORTE _)¯`·._)¯`·._)¯`·._)¯`·._
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 10 November 18 at 12:30, Edited on 10 November 18 at 12:33 by Awoo
Realized today you can select battle 2 before you even do the first battle, just to see what you'll be up against. Probably not even worth trying if it's some literally impossible team like Lair of Shadows.

Almost beat battle 2 again today but got fucked as always by the AI's cheating fucking luck with cascading skull combos whenever they need it. Also had a string of Morana failing to trigger her instakill in battle 1, I counted 12 in a row and some of those were with a good purple board setup. This game sucks dick.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 12 November 18 at 07:28
Got it today! And did it without losing any troops. 2nd battle was one with fortress gate and another non damage troop so only had 2 to worry about.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 12 November 18 at 09:56
Congrats Larvi. What level was your horde if I may ask?
There is always a way.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 12 November 18 at 15:13
Thanks, my horde was at lvl 188. I probably should play the lottery today :)
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 13 November 18 at 05:48
This further confirms that luck isn't on my side. angry laugh
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 13 November 18 at 07:40
So I asked this in the developer stream with Sirrian tonight:

How do you feel about delve 500 with the faction team in its current form?

paraphrased answer: "Its too hard, looking into it, have some solutions, would need an update. Aware"

https://clips.twitch.tv/CoweringAmorphousDragonBleedPurple
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 13 November 18 at 07:52, Edited on 13 November 18 at 08:20 by neeker75
A simple solution is to allow Hero to be used in a slot. With Dragon's Eye nerfed, it'll still be difficult, but entirely doable. You can still use Mang with Titan (Level 40 perk) to protect the Hero, or use Dragon for triple skull damage (Level 100 perk).

Anyway thanks for that info. I can now fully focus on completing Hitman 2 in the coming weeks instead of dragging myself to Gems of War every day.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 13 November 18 at 07:57
Yes, a Hero with Mang would trivialize it. Good to hear they're at least thinking about changing it, guess I'll cool it on the attempts for a bit and grind hoard levels instead, see what happens.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 13 November 18 at 08:02
With these things, you never know when something is going to be implemented. Just try when you can, I guess.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 13 November 18 at 09:42
Thank you MemoriesOfFinal. I'm glad that they're aware and looking into ways to make it less of a headache.
There is always a way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.