Game Discussion: Gems of War Forum

Exalted Achievement Questions

AuthorMessage
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 16 November 18 at 01:46
Damn it, was so close this morning. Went into final battle with two troops remaining. One shot the Morana with my first Morana cast, killed off one knight, before being obliterated.

This was the closest I came so far, killing off two enemies in the final battle.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 16 November 18 at 09:27
Neeker75, don't give up man. You'll get it eventually just keep dumping stuff into the horde and you'll get there. I'm working on it slowly but surely and from the sounds of it, you're far closer than I will be getting it. I'm partially waiting on them to update Delves before I seriously grind it out. I'm almost level 600 now. lol
There is always a way.
Gacys Clown
265,508 265,508 GamerScore
Gacys Clown
Posted on 16 November 18 at 14:23
I'm still trying to just get my Hoarde lvl up before continuing with this one. At about 160 right now.
I know the gold amounts are crazy the higher you go and was trying to figure it out.

For the last levels I leveled up, I noticed I needed like 31K per treasure used to level up.
Only using one of the Mythic treasure and paying the 31K, the costs were now 32K per treasure to level up.

Unless I just happened to do it at unique hoarde level, it seems that you are better off gold-wise to use five treasures at a time instead of one at a time.
Someone correct me on this if it's not accurate.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 17 November 18 at 17:28
Gacys Clown said:
I'm still trying to just get my Hoarde lvl up before continuing with this one. At about 160 right now.
I know the gold amounts are crazy the higher you go and was trying to figure it out.

For the last levels I leveled up, I noticed I needed like 31K per treasure used to level up.
Only using one of the Mythic treasure and paying the 31K, the costs were now 32K per treasure to level up.

Unless I just happened to do it at unique hoarde level, it seems that you are better off gold-wise to use five treasures at a time instead of one at a time.
Someone correct me on this if it's not accurate.
The amount of gold needed depends on the current horde level. Each time the horde level increases the gold needed increases. So whether you put in 1 or 5, the amount of gold needed will stay the same until you increase the level. My CK horde is at 170 and requires 34,600 per treasure. Which I think is BS, as I don't think a Coin Purse should cost the same amount of gold as a Sacred Treasure to put into the horde.

The only time its a good to put multiple treasures in to save yourself some gold is when your horde level is going to level up. Cause the gold cost is based on the current horde level. My SoS horde level was 77, it cost 16,000 per treasure ans was 5 XP from going to 78. If I put 5 treasures in it will cost me 16,000 gold for each one. But if I put 1 treasure in and level it to 78, and then put in 5 more treasures, it will now cost me 16,200 per treasure.

I think this is why you can only put 5 in at a time, so that you are forced into an increase cost of gold. Cause I would save up all my cards for a long time, and then put them all in at once and save myself a ton of gold.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 17 November 18 at 22:32
"Upgrade costs
Adding Treasure to your Hoard costs Gold. The Gold cost is calculated as follows:

600 + (200 x current Hoard level) per Treasure.

For example, if your Hoard level is 10 and you're adding 5 Treasures then the cost to add the Treasure will be (600 + (200 x 10)) x 5 = (600 + 2,000) x 5 = 2,600 x 5 = 13,000 Gold."

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000389095...
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 19 November 18 at 03:49
I'd wait until I get all five of at least the best or second best card or a mixture before tossing five in.

Problem is, I'm not even playing delve enough to earn shards for cards. Too much Hitman 2 lately. laugh
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 19 November 18 at 09:49
Same here Neeker. I'm playing other games instead of this now.
There is always a way.
Gacys Clown
265,508 265,508 GamerScore
Gacys Clown
Posted on 23 November 18 at 15:47
If anyone bumped up their Delve levels accidentally and want a fresh one to grind with, there's a new one out today!:)
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 23 November 18 at 19:42
This new one looks very interesting. None of the faction troops' spells have any overly great offensive capabilities, but the focus on entanglement would be very useful in a faction team delve.
What can change the nature of a man?
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 26 November 18 at 02:59
Awoo said:
This new one looks very interesting. None of the faction troops' spells have any overly great offensive capabilities, but the focus on entanglement would be very useful in a faction team delve.
Managed to beat this new delve, Primal Rift, with the Faction team at 500 in 4 tries. Probably the "easiest" so far skill-wise, but very mind numbing.

Green Golem's entangle on skull hit is amazing, but getting entangled in return is quite annoying. (understated)

MVP goes to Treant of all things though.

Team I used was Redthorn, Green Golem, Dark Dryad, Alderfather. (Riven Banner)

Redthorn and Dark Dryad died in room 1.

My treasure hoard is at 199 and my Alderfather survived the last room with 4 HP.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 26 November 18 at 11:53
Well done and thank you for the update MemoriesOfFinal. I think I saw you in the PvP and didn't even dare attempt to attack you. :)
There is always a way.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 27 November 18 at 07:45
lol, I typically set joke teams for PvP. Boring to see all firebombs or all yao guai teams etc.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 29 November 18 at 10:48
I saw an all gnomes team on there. Of course I battled them. :)
There is always a way.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 02 December 18 at 16:19
Killed Morana and the Knight in battle 3 with the faction team today... got killed by skulls from the other two. Actually wanted to cry. Hoard level is still only 123 since I've been putting most of my stuff into other factions, and I just don't have the time/money/patience/luck to grind out a faction to 200 in one event like some people with no life and responsibilities here. Fuck this god damn abomination of a game.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 03 December 18 at 01:09
I've been trying to clear CK for some time now and I still can't get past Battle 2. I am just not getting higher level treasures at all to upgrade the Horde efficiently. I get rings and purses all the time and chalices are rare, but the other 3 I seem to get once in a blue moon.

I've gotten my horde level up to 191 on CK and none of the others are above 100 (as i've been using the rings and purses for the other hordes). But Lady M's skill rarely works for me, even when the entire board is damn near purple, it still fails.

I have no problem winning the first battle and it's gotten to the point where I can normally win and only lose 1 Lady M. But it takes forever, as I am literally doing nothing but skull damage to all the enemies. But the 2nd battle always just destroys the entire team in a matter of turns.

If you actually got to do more than 3 Delves in a day and the chest didn't give you a random amount of shards regardless of level (or a decent amount instead of the 20-40 I seem to get, when I get them) this might be doable to grind. But it sucks to open a Level 5+ chest and get no shards at all or to have gotten a greater amount of shards from a level 3 chest.

But even during the Faction events, I don't have the gems (and I refuse to spend money on them) to keep buying tokens and random treasures (got burned to many times and didn't get any high level treasures) during the events. It will take me a long time to get this achievement unless the devs release an update that makes this easier, cause luck just isn't on my side with this.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 03 December 18 at 02:43, Edited on 03 December 18 at 02:43 by neeker75
I'm no longer trying until they nerf it. Life is too short for Exalted. wink
JPG30
JPG30
Posted on 06 December 18 at 10:25
im currently on horde 180 and level 320 on the crypt delve, i don't have dragon's eye and i tried to use my normal guild team which i have done well with so far but the true damage is getting higher against me.

mang
faunessa
faunessa
faunessa

crypt banner which is 2 red, 1 purple, and i think minus 1 green.

i use mang to take the armour down on an enemy and use faunessa to finsh them off as it uses enemy attacks against them, faunessas also has bonus purple mana, but the best part is each time i use faunessa i get 26 life back on each attack i use with them so even if i lose mang they still do a decent job, they also start the game with full mana so i can use all 3 of them to take a player down fromt he start.

it does get harder for me with the true damage and if it is a problem then i may try the morana/grave seer team.

but for now i seem to be doing ok.

i hate the cost of xp items all being the same, stupid system.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 06 December 18 at 18:31, Edited on 06 December 18 at 18:33 by Awoo
Hilarious RNG today.

One botched run where I lost two troops in battle 1 and quit out.
Run 2, had Viper Pit as battle 2 and somehow got out of it with all troops alive, only to get steamrolled in battle 3 with horrible skull drops and the enemy Morana with her 100% instakill proc (I do not believe I have ever seen it miss).
Run 3 I barely got out of battle 2 (Dwarf team) with one Morana and the Grave Seer, and still somehow got super lucky and got battle 3 down to ONE. FUCKING. ENEMY before he of course got a few lucky skull drops and ended my life.

Really funny, great game. Very skill based, not luck at all. Definitely don't feel like punching a hole through my tv right now.

But hey, two runs to battle 3 in one day? That's pretty cool.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 07 December 18 at 00:41
Almost got it. My horde level is now 197. Got through battle 1 without losing anyone, but it was damn close, blue and red gems weren't appearing all that often, but all of LM's skills hit first try. Battle 2, was against the assassin team, they killed one of my LM's but made it through to battle 3 (almost lost a 2nd one).

Then battle 3 started and as if the game decided to tease me and actually make me think I had a shot of winning up to this point and getting the achievement, the game then decides to show its true colors and proceed to bend me over and rape me.

I do the first move for some red gems, which then dropped some new green gems into the board and apparently set the board up for the AI Grave Seer to make a green gem to purple gem 4x & 5x match fest for the AI, who along with getting constant 4x & 5x matches was getting skull matches to boot, and killed both my remaining LM's on their first turn with skull damage, and then the AI Spectral Knight uses its skill on my remaining troop the Grave Seer, before giving me control back, in which I make 1 match on some skulls, which then sets up another 4x blue gem, which gives the AI LM enough for the skill, when then uses the skill and kills my last troop. It was a total rape fest by the AI on my team in 2 turns.

The only thing that could have made it worse, is if the dog from Duck Hunt popped up and laughed at me.
Mario163
Mario163
Posted on 07 December 18 at 08:39
I feel your pain Awoo, I had the same a few weeks ago and never ever went that close again. This Achievement is a nightmare and makes me hate this game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.