Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gwent Full Release and Standalone RPG Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Dated

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 20 September 18 at 13:25
Much Witcher, wow

Please click here to read the story: Gwent Full Release and Standalone RPG Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Dated

Credit goes to AboveHunter for this story
Xelliz
Xelliz
Posted on 20 September 18 at 13:34, Edited on 20 September 18 at 20:51 by Xelliz
Looks like Thronebreaker is available on PC exclusively through GoG. Do we know yet if its a PC exclusive period?

Nvm... the coming to xbox part was hidden below the screenshot.
maguzzolo
maguzzolo
Posted on 20 September 18 at 13:35
Hopefully "out of beta" should also mean: achievements! clap
I Argonaut I
I Argonaut I
Posted on 20 September 18 at 13:50
Achievements please.
Fa1con87
Fa1con87
Posted on 20 September 18 at 13:56
Is there a price yet?
Andrinho7x
Andrinho7x
Posted on 20 September 18 at 14:04
If it has achievements, I might consider buying the game, hoping that they work well, unlike The Witcher 3 achievements. I hated that game so much because of unlocking problems.
The Allslayer
The Allslayer
Posted on 20 September 18 at 14:39
Xelliz said:
Looks like Thronebreaker is available on PC exclusively through GoG. Do we know yet if its a PC exclusive period?
Not sure what you mean? It clearly says it's coming to consoles in the article, yes it's going to be on PC first but only because it's not ready for consoles not because they want a PC exclusive period.
z neo matrix z
Posted on 20 September 18 at 14:58
looks like fun
Football is back baby! Go Broncos!
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 20 September 18 at 15:30
RPG, Witcher...shut up & take my money :)
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 20 September 18 at 16:35
Kedrix said:
Ditto. Can't wait to see what comes of this.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 20 September 18 at 18:52
Fa1con87 said:
Is there a price yet?
No price for Witcher Tales in any of the press materials I've seen, and there isn't a price yet on GOG, though the store page is up. It launches October 23 on PC, so we'll know the price before it comes to Xbox in December.
Janenzki
Janenzki
Posted on 20 September 18 at 19:50
More witcher games? Christmas will come early in this year then !
"The birth of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame"
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 20 September 18 at 20:40
NicoleRenee00 said:
Kedrix said:
Ditto. Can't wait to see what comes of this.
Agreed!!rock
Matthew
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 20 September 18 at 20:53
Andrinho7x said:
If it has achievements, I might consider buying the game, hoping that they work well, unlike The Witcher 3 achievements. I hated that game so much because of unlocking problems.
Yeah I felt the same way. However, I completed both versions of it and the game was amazing. Also the first version (not game of the year) seemed like they fixed most of the achievements. Unfortunately, I started the game of the year version first which definitely had glitched achievements. Sometimes achievements that were story related just did not unlock. So you had to reveal the secret achievements, which spoiled some of the game for me and try to know when they were suppose to unlock.
The Fox Rocks!
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 20 September 18 at 22:01
Yes! I loved playing Gwent in-game, so this is a welcome challenge. Thronebreaker sounds like it could be cool too. Count me in!
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 20 September 18 at 22:29, Edited on 20 September 18 at 22:31 by Dresden N7
I Argonaut I said:
Achievements please.
There appears to be 81 achievements in total for Gwent & Thronebreaker. Although, that number might change.
StanleyCup CAPS
Posted on 20 September 18 at 22:52
I must be in the minority. LOVED Gwent in game (I still play a few hands every now and then). HATED the new Gwent stand alone beta... the changes they made ruined the game for me. What's the point of having the 3 different lines if you can just put the cards anywhere you want?
The Allslayer
The Allslayer
Posted on 20 September 18 at 23:55
StanleyCup CAPS said:
I must be in the minority. LOVED Gwent in game (I still play a few hands every now and then). HATED the new Gwent stand alone beta... the changes they made ruined the game for me. What's the point of having the 3 different lines if you can just put the cards anywhere you want?
Because it allows you to play around things instead of getting screwed over by something completely out of your control. They're adding meaning to rows again in Homecoming anyway, cards do different things depending which row you put it on.
myAR5ENAL
myAR5ENAL
Posted on 21 September 18 at 15:39
Good news to start the weekend off!!
Kahless Clone
Kahless Clone
Posted on 22 September 18 at 10:58
Love gwent
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.