Game Discussion: The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Every digital only TellTale game

• doub 7doub 7409,870
    Posted on 23 September 18 at 18:46Permalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    Damn, I've always wanted to play the 3rd Sam And Max that came after Beyond Time and Space but it was PS3, PC only....

Maybe I should buy em now before they are gone forever.

Same as the Strongbad's cool games for attractive people.
    Same here, looks like Sam & Max The Devil’s Playhouse complete season is currently $20 on PS3.
    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/doub+7][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/doub+7.png[/img][/url]
  • mcnichojmcnichoj196,736
    Posted on 24 September 18 at 05:48Permalink
    doub 7 said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    Damn, I've always wanted to play the 3rd Sam And Max that came after Beyond Time and Space but it was PS3, PC only....

Maybe I should buy em now before they are gone forever.

Same as the Strongbad's cool games for attractive people.
    Same here, looks like Sam & Max The Devil’s Playhouse complete season is currently $20 on PS3.
    It's on sale from this site for $5 for the Steam version:
    https://www.wingamestore.com/showcase/Telltale-Games-Sale/
    But you only have a little over and hour left to get it at that price and I imagine you're probably asleep right now.
    Here's a coupon code for anyone that can check out the site in time and wants the games on Steam: pcgames5off
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB549,892
    Posted on 26 September 18 at 03:55Permalink
    I searched and searched for Jurassic Park for the 360 on physical media but apparently the disc version is quite rare. I ended up getting it digitally.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
    Posted on 26 September 18 at 05:13Permalink
    TwistedTB said:
    I searched and searched for Jurassic Park for the 360 on physical media but apparently the disc version is quite rare. I ended up getting it digitally.
    $24 at GameStop.
    Can't be that rare.
  • Posted on 26 September 18 at 05:19, Edited on 26 September 18 at 05:42 by ThreeHaddock62Permalink
    mcnichoj said:
    TwistedTB said:
    $24 at GameStop.
    Can't be that rare.
    It's not that easy to find, and $25 for a last gen game is pretty high, even for gamestop. People say Avatar TLA is rare and it's $10...and I see it a hell of a lot more than Jurassic Park.
    Hola
  • Posted on 26 September 18 at 06:06Permalink
    20 different Gamestops within 50 miles of me have a copy of Jurassic Park in stock, so I guess I'm just lucky. Price does seem a bit steep, but honestly, that could be current interest in the license more than rarity. When Deadpool dropped in theaters, the Deadpool game was notably higher in price for awhile, as an example.

Now if you want what I can only assume is rarity, check the Gamestop listing for World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars. Price has held steady for years, with seemingly no good reason behind it, besides possibly, rarity.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
    Posted on 26 September 18 at 07:53Permalink
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    mcnichoj said:
    TwistedTB said:
    $24 at GameStop.
    Can't be that rare.
    It's not that easy to find, and $25 for a last gen game is pretty high, even for gamestop. People say Avatar TLA is rare and it's $10...and I see it a hell of a lot more than Jurassic Park.
    If you live within the US, you go right on GameStop's website and you have them mail it to your house. What's hard to find about that? Price isn't that big of a deal either, that's about what the original price for it is. I could show you PS2 games that go for $100.
    Avatar probably has a low production amount because people just got the 1,000 and sold it and people wanting the 1,000 just bought it used.
    Rarity doesn't always necessarily equal value as you probably know but back to his original statement though, it's not hard to obtain. Lets say its price does skyrocket, you could always try to sell it after you complete it to recoup its cost. Can't do that with a digital game you can no loner buy.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle805,025
    Posted on 26 September 18 at 20:53Permalink
    You guys have it so easy in the US laugh Avatar: TLA and Jurassic Park haven't even been listed on Gamestop Canada (EBGames) in years. Let alone be a decent price. Even on eBay Canada, it's quite rare to find good deals on old games compared to the US.

The lowest priced listing for Jurassic Park on eBay.ca right now is this one at CDN$23.30. The next one is over CDN$30, and the one after that is CDN$40.

As for Avatar: TLE, it's this one at CDN$25.

No wonder I try to buy digitally!
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant473,837
    Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:32Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    You guys have it so easy in the US laugh Avatar: TLA and Jurassic Park haven't even been listed on Gamestop Canada (EBGames) in years. Let alone be a decent price. Even on eBay Canada, it's quite rare to find good deals on old games compared to the US.

The lowest priced listing for Jurassic Park on eBay.ca right now is this one at CDN$23.30. The next one is over CDN$30, and the one after that is CDN$40.

On the plus side, you haven't got to live in the US.
  • Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:36Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Shinnizle said:

So...brutally correct.
    Hola
  • ShinnizleShinnizle805,025
    Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:43Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Damn right. I wouldn't change where I live for the world, even though there disadvantages (like the brutal winters)
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • lightsup55lightsup55239,024
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 12:56Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Damn right. I wouldn't change where I live for the world, even though there disadvantages (like the brutal winters)
    At least you don't need to worry about the one leading our country.

Oh and this comes from the leader that said:
    "We will build a great wall along the southern border."

Either way, it won't keep this guy from entering the United States via virtual private networking. laugh
  • DeceptiveTenDeceptiveTen817,945
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 17:12Permalink
    tpb fan said:
    is Microsoft. going to remove ep 3. 4 achievements?
    Another company suppose to complete it
    deceptiveten
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 19:16Permalink
    Here's another issue to think about. I've heard that even though there are xbox 360 versions of the game available on disc, they run like absolute shit even if installed to the HDD ( and some can't even be installed). Tales from the Borderlands and GOT come to mind. Is this true? Should I buy them digitally to avoid the hassle?
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:52, Edited on 15 November 18 at 22:22 by ThreeHaddock62Permalink
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
    Here's another issue to think about. I've heard that even though there are xbox 360 versions of the game available on disc, they run like absolute shit even if installed to the HDD ( and some can't even be installed). Tales from the Borderlands and GOT come to mind. Is this true? Should I buy them digitally to avoid the hassle?
    Xbox 360- What I did with most of the telltale games was download the free 1st episode, and than install the other episodes via the season pass disc...viola, just like a complete digital copy (You don't need the disc to play the later episodes, as long as Ep. 1 in downloaded). I did this for both TFTB and GOT and had no issues whatsoever.
    Edit: Both TFTB and GOT have free 1st episodes, so you would only need the discs to start the download process for episodes 2-5. You won't need to insert the disc again.

FYI This works for ALMOST all episodic TT games on XB1 as well. It may say (disc version) when you install the DLC, but it doesn't matter. See below for a couple exceptions
    Hola
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 22:01Permalink
    the above doesn't work for Minecraft and tales of borderlands games for X1. I believe they fixed this issue after the release of game of thrones
  • Posted on 17 November 18 at 05:25Permalink
    I couldn't get it to work for GOT on XB1
    Why is my GamerTag set to No Tracking? https://bit.ly/2Hvc0oC
    Posted on 19 November 18 at 02:34Permalink
    Did a small edit to the Windows 10 section and added a section about games they published from other developers.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.