Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

A Farewell to Telltale

• misfit119misfit119893,138
    Posted on 28 September 18 at 17:05Permalink
    Fanta Morgana said:
    All these people that repeat the mantra however don't believe it themselfes. They are totally fine, with no republicans, no christians, no midwesterners, ... . The diversity aimed for is favorably non-white and as sexual degenerate as possible.
    laugh No point talking to people like you. Have a good weekend.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 28 September 18 at 17:18Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    Fanta Morgana said:
    All these people that repeat the mantra however don't believe it themselfes. They are totally fine, with no republicans, no christians, no midwesterners, ... . The diversity aimed for is favorably non-white and as sexual degenerate as possible.
    laugh No point talking to people like you. Have a good weekend.
    Because he's right? You could at least try talking. dance

Not sure how the topic got here.... oh yes, the diversity of Tell-Tale spelled the doom. facepalm
    Posted on 28 September 18 at 17:32Permalink
    I'm not interested in having a discussion with someone who thinks of people as sexual degenerates for having a different sexual preference. For people like that the idea that diversity destroys companies is all that matters to them when there's much larger problems at companies like this. It's a waste of everyone's time.
  • ElyohElyoh764,993
    Posted on 28 September 18 at 18:54Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    I'm not interested in having a discussion with someone who thinks of people as sexual degenerates for having a different sexual preference. For people like that the idea that diversity destroys companies is all that matters to them when there's much larger problems at companies like this. It's a waste of everyone's time.
    So you're not willing to have a discussion with him because of his differing opinion on something? Whether you believe it to be right or wrong, you can't say you think diversity is good them follow it up by saying diversity in opinion makes him not worth taking to.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 28 September 18 at 19:40Permalink
    I'm not saying, that caring for diversity in your workforce will make or break your company, but its certainly not beneficial and indicative of a lot of other problems.
    Also I would argue that some minorities have a higher than average chance of becoming a liability.

I guess my language came across harsher than it was meant to be. I don't really care about peoples sexual preferences and as an employer I wouldn't care for that as well. It just wouldn't factor into any hiring decision and I wouldn't ask about it in a job interview.

But I guess we aren't discussing, as we are too diverse to hold a civil conversationwink
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,767,173
    Posted on 28 September 18 at 20:50Permalink
    I love how this became a philosophical discussion.

[popcorn]
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Posted on 28 September 18 at 21:02Permalink
    Hey folks, you can move that discussion to private PM's if you like. Just keep it out of this thread as it's becoming way off topic.

Thanks.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • Posted on 29 September 18 at 07:07Permalink
    I blame Sasha.
  • BrudworxBrudworx188,557
    Posted on 29 September 18 at 11:55Permalink
    Where is this going?
    Anyone got some spare XP lying around that i could have?
  • Posted on 29 September 18 at 16:08Permalink
    Mark Delaney likes games with story and post-hardcore music? We can be friends!

I signed into my account for the first time in three moths since starting to travel just to type the above.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,767,173
    Posted on 29 September 18 at 21:52Permalink
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    I blame Sasha.
    I blame myself.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Posted on 30 September 18 at 18:03Permalink
    I've bought many of these "games" and probably will buy the others while I still can. I really only play them to collect the achievements though. I found them all to be mostly boring and paid very little attention to the story. It has always been hard for me to focus on gameplay and pay attention to a story at the same time.
  • Posted on 30 September 18 at 20:46Permalink
    Partner facepalm
  • Posted on 30 September 18 at 23:23Permalink
    The Walking Dead games, from the very very start I found incredible hard to play--I practically fell asleep playing them I found them so boring. Of course, I'm a very active type of person, always doing things when I'm awake it seems, so maybe that's part of it.

And especially more now, limited time means limited games, which means I'll play whatever I enjoy the most. These Telltale games aren't even on the radar.

I'm curious about the personality of people who like the Telltale games--peaceful personalities who like relaxing often? Just a random shot in the dark, but I know a lot of people do like these games and I don't know why. smile
  • halohogghalohogg95,611
    Posted on 01 October 18 at 13:15Permalink
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    I'm curious about the personality of people who like the Telltale games--peaceful personalities who like relaxing often? Just a random shot in the dark, but I know a lot of people do like these games and I don't know why. smile
    There's a genre for most.
    Slow-twitch gamers - Telltale/Stealth/Puzzler
    Med-twitch gamers - Action Adventure/Racing
    Fast-twitch gamers - FPS/MMORPG/Battle Royale
  • Posted on 02 October 18 at 06:55Permalink
    halohogg said:
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    There's a genre for most.
    Slow-twitch gamers - Telltale/Stealth/Puzzler
    Med-twitch gamers - Action Adventure/Racing
    Fast-twitch gamers - FPS/MMORPG/Battle Royale
    But, I'm in ALL of those!
    I love Steath/Puzzle
    I love Racing
    I Love FPS.....
    LOL.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,040,799
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 17:49Permalink
    Rule of thumb: everyone is different and trying to force hard categories is usually futile.
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 19:28Permalink
    Indeed. I love adventure games and I love visual novels. Yet I loathe the way Telltale does their games.
  • Posted on 03 October 18 at 05:16Permalink
    I remember playing the Tell Tale Game of Thrones for the first time at a friends house--my friend and his sister both were really enjoying it, and they both were falling asleep. LOL
  • Posted on 03 October 18 at 05:19Permalink
    The Globalizer said:
    Rule of thumb: everyone is different and trying to force hard categories is usually futile.
    Exactly. The mission to lump Telltale fans into one group is futile, as it would be for pretty much any genre or developer. There's no grand unifying personality trait that links their fans. It's a silly exercise.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.