Game Discussion: Far Cry 2 Forum

Ranked exp not saving/recording

AuthorMessage
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 11 February 19 at 07:57
Well if two of us here (me and Rondund) are not enough for you to confirm this, you can ofc try it out yourself :D
GRAN ADEVAYOR
Posted on 11 February 19 at 21:13
Thanks friend for the notification. In good time !!!, now we can complete the game.clap.
MoMo
Living Legends
Posted on 11 February 19 at 21:18
The reason people are asking about the five minute matches is that everything else does work. It saves progress for all the other achievements but not ranked xp if over a certain time. The revives and manual progress always saved and resetting diamonds always set you back so that's information that worked already
SCORCHO4856
SCORCHO4856
Posted on 17 February 19 at 19:18
I can confirm that my Xp is now saving.🙂
kyters
kyters
Posted on 18 February 19 at 06:45
Xp is saving properly the problem is that not many people are playing the game online so it's making the ranking and revive grind cheevos a pain
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 18 February 19 at 06:48, Edited on 18 February 19 at 06:58 by Balnazzard
kyters said:
Xp is saving properly the problem is that not many people are playing the game online so it's making the ranking and revive grind cheevos a pain
Well again boosting them with others is the only way to go (or if you happen be able to do double or triple boxing, you can ofc do it on your own)...as it usually is with these kind of achievements and old games. And with ranking, making use of the deranking glitch that would get you to rank 30 and rank 20 faster.

I wonder if anyone out there ever even got 100% of achievos from this game without boosting, considering that the weapon kills and the requirements for them alone takes really long time, even with boosting and getting multikills with explosive weapons would be obviously quite challenging if playing legit matches....even if this game had been popular for very long time and had populated multiplayer servers for years (which I very much doubt was ever the case), it would still take hundreds, if not thousands of hours atleast to get everything done....

So I would never dream to do 100% of achievements from games like this the "legit" way :D Multiplayer achievements should be designed in a way that they are acquirable in matter of few weeks at most with normal way of playing.
Law Violation
Law Violation
Posted on 21 February 19 at 11:22, Edited on 21 February 19 at 13:01 by Law Violation
Rondund said:
I hear a few mentions of deranking from 30 to 20 using the glitch. Is this possible? If so, how is it done?
I would not recommend this!

The amount of negative XP required is massive and would take way too long, i would Boost to 19 then marathon boost to 20, then derank to 30.

Play it safe, boost to rank 19, then marathon boost from there to level 20. Reason being is that you can only have a maximum of 18 diamonds, just make sure NOT to place them all!

This will allow you to get to rank 20 for the Achievement, but not store your XP into Rank 20 causing the Warlord glitch to not work. You can only derank from rank 19 down becuse of the fact you have 18 possible diamonds.

See below for more info regarding XP & boosting.

As for the general Forum post:

XP only saves aslong as you do not exceed 1500XP. There is a cap at this amount. However..

XP will be valid if you earn more than 1500XP in a game providing you don't exit to the dashboard, disconnect etc.

For example, i marathon boosted (with 3 boxes) from rank 12 to 20 after having obtained 'Soldier of Misfortune'. This took about 6 hours or so of straight grinding. I was earning around 9000-10000XP per game which DID save. All because i hadn't exited the game.

As soon as i did exit the game, go back on the game and them check my rank, i was at rank 14. This is because the game had stored all of the times i had earned 1500XP in all those games i played within that 6 hour period.

Only then i deranked with 13 Diamonds at hand for Warlord being at rank 14. All excess XP had not been saved because i had come off the game.

Marathon boosting needs to be done in one sitting, i would suggest this after grinding out weapon manuals. The longer method would be to do the kills, and earn no more than 1500XP per game. Atleast you're XP will store this way. Bearing in mind you will be deranking along the way when resetting Diamonds en route to 'Soldier of Misfortune'.
Law Violation
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 21 February 19 at 19:16
Law Violation said:
Rondund said:
I hear a few mentions of deranking from 30 to 20 using the glitch. Is this possible? If so, how is it done?
I would not recommend this!

The amount of negative XP required is massive and would take way too long, i would Boost to 19 then marathon boost to 20, then derank to 30.

Play it safe, boost to rank 19, then marathon boost from there to level 20. Reason being is that you can only have a maximum of 18 diamonds, just make sure NOT to place them all!

This will allow you to get to rank 20 for the Achievement, but not store your XP into Rank 20 causing the Warlord glitch to not work. You can only derank from rank 19 down becuse of the fact you have 18 possible diamonds.
The amount of negative XP doesn't matter, because when you reset your diamonds, you always lose enough XP to drop you one rank. Deranking from 30 to 20 will only take ten matches.

Also, as long as you don't set all your diamonds, there's no maximum rank for deranking. (And I've also heard that diamonds will sometimes unset themselves if you haven't played for a few days, but I haven't tested it.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.