Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

SOMA Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 25 September 18 at 23:28
Please use this thread to discuss the SOMA walkthrough
St3phosaurus
St3phosaurus
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:43
Looking forward to this walkthrough! I am absolutely too terrified to finish this game on my own laugh
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 26 September 18 at 19:17
Hopefully I do a good job wink

My estimate for completion is before the end of October.
Here be dragons.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 06 November 18 at 21:45
How’s it looking?
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 08 November 18 at 17:24
I've since started my last year of university and been piled with work, but I'm still looking to get this done as soon as possible. I've got how I'm going to lay everything out sorted. Workload is starting to clear up so I'll get some work done when I can.
Here be dragons.
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 25 November 18 at 16:28
Further update on this - due to university workload I've had to put this off for the time being. Pretty much all the work is due in on Dec 14th so I'll be able to work on this over the Christmas holidays and hopefully get it done before the new year. Thanks everyone for your patience smile
Here be dragons.
TheBlakkVulture
Posted on 29 November 18 at 17:39
I'm currently working on a video based walkthrough with commentary, so perhaps you could include my video as an alternative to the text guide?

Some people like video based walkthroughs but some like text walkthroughs, so it's good to give people the option I think.
The Blakk Vulture
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 29 November 18 at 19:05
TheBlakkVulture said:
I'm currently working on a video based walkthrough with commentary, so perhaps you could include my video as an alternative to the text guide?

Some people like video based walkthroughs but some like text walkthroughs, so it's good to give people the option I think.
It can be alongside, but not a substitute for. As per our standards, the text walkthrough needs to be there, with the video being optional.
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 30 November 18 at 12:01
I'm planning on using lots of screenshots with annotations, along with short videos for some of the more complicated puzzles, so hopefully that'll be a good balance between the two preferences. I know I'm not a fan of 100% text walkthroughs, though 100% video walkthroughs can take up a lot of unnecessary time.
Here be dragons.
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 06 January 19 at 22:48
I won't give excuses, I'm just bad at productivity.

I've got one or two things to take care of and then I'll start on this, if I haven't finished it or at least made a good start on it by the end of this month I'll step down as owner.
Here be dragons.
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 29 January 19 at 21:54, Edited on 10 February 19 at 18:54 by Wyyvern
Yay, progress! Wrote up the first three five sections of the game, I'm going to try and spend two hours a day or so on this until I'm done. Should be done within two weeks.

I'm writing them all in Google Docs, will transfer them all over here once I'm done. In the meantime I'll keep a progress counter below and edit it so I don't bump the thread each day.

22/22 chapters done
Here be dragons.
Hitman Darkness
Posted on 08 February 19 at 16:23
??
HD
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 08 February 19 at 17:34
Hitman Darkness said:
??
He edited his post yesterday...
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 10 February 19 at 18:53
Writing is finished! Just need to port it over to TA, add the pictures, and then I'll do a quick run-through of the game to make sure it's alright.
Here be dragons.
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 13 February 19 at 22:15
Ported & playtested, sent it for review. Got there eventually laugh

I've proofread it more times than I can remember (I'm paranoid like that) but might have still messed up somewhere, so let me know and I'll get it updated ASAP.
Here be dragons.
Information Posted on 18 February 19 at 16:10
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: SOMA Walkthrough
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.