AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 25 September 18 at 23:30
Please use this thread to discuss the 1979 Revolution: Black Friday walkthrough
Information Posted on 19 October 18 at 10:35
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: 1979 Revolution: Black Friday Walkthrough
VidGamiac
VidGamiac
Posted on 23 December 18 at 06:58, Edited on 23 December 18 at 09:23 by Dang3R Gaming
This walkthrough was very generalized and skips over several collectables. Though many achievements pop early, it is still very much possible to miss certain achievements with the possibility of not knowing exactly which chapters to replay.
VidGamiac
VidGamiac
Posted on 23 December 18 at 07:03
I would also emphasize pointing out the QTEs specifically, what buttons to press, when, etc. This way they don't sneak up on the player (a la Shenmue).
NicoleRenee00
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 23 December 18 at 11:59, Edited on 23 December 18 at 12:13 by NicoleRenee00
What collectibles were missed exactly? Because I wrote this with a video next to me and also playing on my account. So I'm pretty positive I mentioned all the required items. So if you could mention what achievements didn't pop or what chapters you had to replay.

I also specifically mention which chapters need to be played a second time. If you took all the photos that I mentioned, that only leaves those few that I pointed out. Each photo you take is a collectible, so you also know if you took 4 instead of 5 listed, you're missing something.

The emphasize on QTEs is understandable, so I'll edit the in sometime soon.
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I have to spend all day computing Pi because he plugged in the overlord."
VidGamiac
VidGamiac
Posted on 23 December 18 at 22:17, Edited on 24 December 18 at 20:23 by VidGamiac
NicoleRenee00 said:
What collectibles were missed exactly? Because I wrote this with a video next to me and also playing on my account. So I'm pretty positive I mentioned all the required items. So if you could mention what achievements didn't pop or what chapters you had to replay.

I also specifically mention which chapters need to be played a second time. If you took all the photos that I mentioned, that only leaves those few that I pointed out. Each photo you take is a collectible, so you also know if you took 4 instead of 5 listed, you're missing something.

The emphasize on QTEs is understandable, so I'll edit the in sometime soon.
I left a link to a list, which has been deleted by the mods. So to paraphrase:
Chapter 1: There is a collectible between the photo table and the corner where the plans are (The Shah and the Ayatollah).

Chapter 2: I would emphasize Drinking Tea, Opening Folder, etc. are also inherent to the collectibles as they also give you stories.

Chapter 3: There are four photos in the first bit. The one left out is the crowd on the bridge. (For Miles)

Chapter 4: "Next, head to the left where the people are lined up on the streets to get gas. There are two shots to take before approaching the next table."
-There is a spray painting on the right side of the street of a face. (The Martyr)
-There is also the 'US can not do anything' poster in the same photo opportunity as the spray painting on the left. (Boiling Tensions).
-After getting the pamphlet, the crowd on the left can be photographed, the one holding the sign. (Freedom for Political Prisoners).
-Next area, between the opium man that you get Cassette 3 from and the board, there is the crowd holding the banner (Divided Religious Front).
-Between the board and the magazine stands, there are some more posters. It's hard to get your character in the right position to photograph it, since it's so close to the board. (Solidarity).

Chapter 6: There are five photos in chapter 6. What seems to be missing are the soldiers to the left (Idle Soldiers) and the people running away between soldiers on left and crowd by fire (Crowd Control).

Chapter 7: Would change to Yes, Yes, NO!, No. There are four questions.

Chapter 11: As there are many collectibles, I feel a list is more appropriate for the second area. Reading a collectible heavy chapter in paragraphs makes it harder to keep track.

"RE-RUN WALKTHROUGH": I would point out which Chapters exactly to replay and actions to take:
-Violent/Peaceful: 3, 5, 8, 16
-And if the Pahlevoon: The Hero achievement was missed, the player can get it by re-doing just ALL QTE chapters in order: 1,5,8,16. (Chapter 16 QTE against the Thug is contentious with many reporting that it is also needed for the achievement.)
*I recommend doing the re-run as followed to get both: 1,3,5,8,16. Since most of the choice chapters coincide with the QTE chapters, I actually find it better to attempt both at the same time as the 2nd playthrough; that way the player is familiar with each QTE and the Chapter 16 QTE with the Thug can count for both.

The game is very buggy and it is possible to get all of the achievements without necessarily having to pick up every collectible. Achievements pop all over the place (i.e. my Jaasoos: The Spy popped about five chapters late). I believe that this walkthough should still be written as thorough as possible to cover every single collectible so there is no possible discrepancy with any future players.
VidGamiac
VidGamiac
Posted on 23 December 18 at 22:30, Edited on 23 December 18 at 22:34 by VidGamiac
I had much better luck with a walkthrough on PSTrophies and a collectible guide on gamepressure. As the link I left has been deleted; I will glady link via PM if needed.
NicoleRenee00
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 24 December 18 at 00:23
Feel free to do so in a PM. I will look over these changes after I'm finished with Christmas with my family.
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I have to spend all day computing Pi because he plugged in the overlord."
NicoleRenee00
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 26 December 18 at 00:33
I went over the walkthrough today and made some of the changes suggested, as stated in the PM. It's in order of what you posted:

Chapter One: Reading the two pamphlets on the side DO NOT give you collectibles. This is an error, as they were supposed to, but it wasn't implemented on Xbox One. I've tested this multiple times to be sure, and you don't receive anything from interacting with them.

Chapter Two: I didn't edit this page because I specifically noted twice that you needed to drink the tea and open the folder, and why you needed to do it to begin with. So I feel that there's no reason to elaborate on this.

Chapter Three: Added the bridge, as it did appear, and I don't think I had mentioned it.

Chapter Four: The two posters mentioned in the walkthrough are the same as the US section you mentioned. However, I added more clarity since I can see why it might be missed. Added the other sections as well.

Chapter Six: I added both of the collectibles, but I only found one of them when I played it myself. They seem to stack on top of one another, so I simply added a warning to try for all 5, as it's definitely possible that I just couldn't get it.

Chapter Seven: Changed it as needed, since I can see how it could use more clarity.

Chapter Eleven: Did not change as it isn't really paragraph heavy. There's only two paragraphs with collectibles, and the rest is already in a list. And both paragraphs are five lines or less. However, if you really want to make a case for it, I'm okay with going back and changing it anyway. It's also important to separate them, as that bug and the ID section need to be away from the rest of the collectibles. Otherwise the reader will just follow the list and get stuck.

Re-Run: Added the corresponding chapters but not the QTE section. You can't just repeat those chapters. You have to play all of them, and then complete the game from that chapter. I ran into this issue myself, and it's been reported before. Which is why I stated it specifically in the guide. I did add the thug note, as although I mention it on that page, I didn't restate it at the end.

I also intend to add the QTE buttons, as this was something I agreed on. I checked all the collectibles on my account, but you are welcome to double check me. I will correct anything you find. Thanks for the feedback!
TheOnlyMatto
TheOnlyMatto
Posted on 12 July 19 at 05:22, Edited on 12 July 19 at 20:32 by TheOnlyMatto
I agree with VidGamiac about how vague the guide is especially during QTE's. Especially since in the walkthrough, the first fight, you use the down direction on the DPAD which caused me to fail the first few times. You have to use the cn_LSd not cn_down. AND I can confirm what VidGamiac said about running the QTES and then finishing the last level. Just did it and I did the QTES backwards, the 1st level last and the 16th level first. I think my fail on the first level was what caused me to not get it, or the fight with the thug in 16.

CHAPTER 16:

"To the right, a man is spraying graffiti, There are two photos here, one of each artwork on the wall."

it is to the left. if you are referring to the left of the previous picture or it is on the right side of the street (I just realized that you may have meant the right side of the street, if so could you specify that).

"Further forward, snap a picture of the people surrounding the tank."

no idea what your talking about. a tank like a tank of gas, or a tank that shoots and kills people? either way, even the video guide online doesn't show any tank being surrounded at this point.

"The bus (easily seen) also has a photo. Be sure to try each angle if you can't see it."

Only picture I, and the video guide, could get were of the crowd.

BUT the part that annoyed me the most was:
CHAPTER 4:

"Snap a picture, then speak to her if you wish."

Now you absolutely knew (I shouldn't assume what you know) know that you have to talk to this woman to get an achievement for talking to everyone. Achievement Khodemooni the people person, it is in the description but I assumed the guide wouldn't lead me wrong and when I see the word if I think optional. Super annoying especially since I've ran each level 4 times now and the achievement appears glitched(laggy achievements that must have popped over night). I knew the second I read CHAPTER 11 and it said "speak to everyone" that I was hooped because I skipped that part. I had to go back and double check to make sure I didn't add the if in there, it needs to be removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo0cot-4qYQ&t=3319s if you want to use the chapter select to see the points ive made.

Thank you for the guide. It looks like it took a good effort and wasn't the easiest to lay out. I do not blame the guide for any glitchy/bugged/laggy achievements that happened to me on my run. PM me when the if is removed from chapter 4 and I'll give you a thumbs up for the guide. You rock.
See you in Valhalla
NicoleRenee00
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 12 July 19 at 16:02
@Matto, I'll make changes to what you suggested, but I want to make one thing clear. No, I did not know that in chapter four, you needed to interact with the woman. Because I didn't need to do it to pop the achievement for myself. But I'll add it in just in case.

All of that is done. So all I need to do is add the QTE moments, which I planned to do, but totally forgot about. So that's my mistake. Either way, I'm not going to PM you for a thumbs up, but you're welcome to check back on the thread once I'm finished.
"Only the innocent burn in Novigrad."
TheOnlyMatto
TheOnlyMatto
Posted on 12 July 19 at 20:35
Now I am not entirely sure I needed to talk to her and it wasn't lag since I woke up and the 3 I thought glitched were unlocked. I think it's better safe than sorry and also if you want I will write the QTE's for you, just send me a message because I don't often return to forums when I 100% a game, u rock.
See you in Valhalla
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.