Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Mouse and Keyboard Game Support Coming to Xbox One Soon

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 26 September 18 at 13:44
Finally!

Please click here to read the story: Mouse and Keyboard Game Support Coming to Xbox One Soon
DarkWingSpartan
Posted on 26 September 18 at 13:50
As long as they keep it disabled in pvp games, I'm fine. I don't want to have to re-learn how to play online shooters just to stay competitive. That said, if it means games that require mouse/keyboard have a chance of coming to Xbox (like RTSs) and require this, then I'm all for it.
This is a signature. It has words in it.
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 26 September 18 at 13:55
Please EA, add this to The Sims 4. It would benefit so much from adding mouse and keyboard.
SprinkyDink
SprinkyDink
Posted on 26 September 18 at 13:55
DarkWingSpartan said:
As long as they keep it disabled in pvp games, I'm fine. I don't want to have to re-learn how to play online shooters just to stay competitive. That said, if it means games that require mouse/keyboard have a chance of coming to Xbox (like RTSs) and require this, then I'm all for it.
Lol its not gonna be NOT allowed in pvp games. Im sure you will be able to use it in pvp games.
SantaUndercover
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:01
SprinkyDink said:
DarkWingSpartan said:
Lol its not gonna be NOT allowed in pvp games. Im sure you will be able to use it in pvp games.
Tell that to Sea of Thieves and Rocket League. Cross platform games are already unbalanced because of it, so it doesn't really matter. Non cross platform games on the other hand.
Large Coffee
Large Coffee
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:01
inb4 Elite keyboard and mouse

Jokes aside, I'm really glad to see this - there is a good handful of games that I can think of right off the cuff that will really benefit from this
http://i.imgur.com/hhiPvya.gif
Anxsighety
Anxsighety
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:04
HARD PASS. This shit is so god damn unnecessary on console. Gamers always find ways to exploit it and... this blows.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:18
Not even sure why they are turning xbox into a pc
EL TATIS 33
EL TATIS 33
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:25
SprinkyDink said:
DarkWingSpartan said:
I doubt competitive PvP will allow this on console. You're at a great disadvantage when using a controller. Won't be surprised if some find a way to exploit this though
Death and Glory
Death and Glory
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:27
I'm 100% for this personally. Mouse and keyboard will always be better to me.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:27
They said it’s up to the developers whether to allow it in PVP. So it will come. Gears 4 allows it I think already. Coalition definitely said there was statistically no difference in performance/winrate during their public testing.
Petrolium Bear
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:30
Great! The brother uses Microsoft edge on a regular basis on his One so I guess its time to pick up a wireless mouse and keyboard for him.
Mr Bear if you dare
SojerManLanLIVE
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:31
In Rocket League, console players have a great,GREAT advantage against computer players. Analog sticks are more precise and have more directions.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:33
Cool! All for this :)
Failure Online
Posted on 26 September 18 at 14:42
Looking forward to this but since it's enabled by developers that will mean it will never be implemented. Developers don't even turn on the achievement tracker or time played counter anymore.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 26 September 18 at 15:06
This would be great for so many games, but give a huge advantage over anyone using a controller in PvP games. I already use a keyboard for Elite Dangerous when I'm typing in system names so it will be cool to see the support go further.
See You Space Cowboy...
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 26 September 18 at 15:10
If devs allow this, and don't keep KB+M users separate from controller users in Gears 5, or hell, ANY PVP mode in any game, I will absolutely not buy those games just off GP. Fuck. That. Keep those cheating PCtards as far away from me as possible. Single player games, strategy stuff, sure, who cares. But I want controller vs controller ONLY lobbies in MP. The moment they try to force me to play with KB+M guys, piss off, I'm gone. I bought a console to get away from them; MS seems hellbent on pushing them into my gaming experience. Not cool.
Dr Marty
Dr Marty
Posted on 26 September 18 at 15:15
I can guarantee they won't do this, but it would be cool if they made a smaller more specialized keyboard for the Xbox. You don't really need all 90 keys for any game. They should make one with fewer keys and also label them accordingly. Perhaps even with LED keys that will change their label according to what game you're playing.... just dreaming out loud. dance
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 26 September 18 at 15:26
I don't see the point.

Dr Marty said:
I can guarantee they won't do this, but it would be cool if they made a smaller more specialized keyboard for the Xbox. You don't really need all 90 keys for any game. They should make one with fewer keys and also label them accordingly. Perhaps even with LED keys that will change their label according to what game you're playing.... just dreaming out loud. dance
If it was some ten years ago I believe Microsoft would make and sell their own keyboard and mouse.

But since the Xbox One, or a bit earlier with the Xbox 360 with those Sandisk Memory Units, Microsoft is just licensing accessories.
They sell keyboards and mice worldwide. I really hope they make their own.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 26 September 18 at 15:32
SantaUndercover said:
SprinkyDink said:
DarkWingSpartan said:
Tell that to Sea of Thieves and Rocket League. Cross platform games are already unbalanced because of it, so it doesn't really matter. Non cross platform games on the other hand.
Rocket League unbalanced? Everybody uses controllers...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.