Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Mouse and Keyboard Game Support Coming to Xbox One Soon

AuthorMessage
Otouto72
Otouto72
Posted on 26 September 18 at 15:51, Edited on 26 September 18 at 15:52 by Otouto72
I'll stick to using a keyboard to play my old ZX Spectrum games thank you very much.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 September 18 at 15:52
Sounds like a good excuse to simply stick/migrate to PC gaming. The line between consoles and PC is slowly getting blurry.
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 26 September 18 at 15:54
SojerManLanLIVE said:
In Rocket League, console players have a great,GREAT advantage against computer players. Analog sticks are more precise and have more directions.
I'm pretty active on Rocket League on the PC, I don't know a single person who uses mouse and keyboard.
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:07
I've heard that high-ranking games of Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege are ruined by KB+M players on console because of of the advantage it gives. I also recall that Blizzard and Bluehole saying that they will/do ban KB+M users on console, so I'm not sure how it'll work out.
Unpredictable D
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:08, Edited on 26 September 18 at 16:32 by Unpredictable D
mouse and keyboard are just awkward when it comes to gaming...in shooters you need to pull the trigger...gamepad has it...joystick was nice too

https://www.menkind.co.uk/c64-mini-joystick-for-pc-mac-and-l...
Audiosurf for xbox, please !
mkdfan1990
mkdfan1990
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:12
I hope this means we get a bunch of point and click adventures!
wookieepuppy
wookieepuppy
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:14, Edited on 26 September 18 at 16:21 by wookieepuppy
Otouto72 said:
I'll stick to using a keyboard to play my old ZX Spectrum games thank you very much.
Well, I prefer the quick shot II joystick. I am down to my last one though, playing Daley Thompson’s decathlon has seen me break 73 of them in the last 30 years.

But more seriously, I am not interested in keyboard and mouse on console. The only time I need a keyboard is when messaging, and I can do that on the smart glass app on iPad whilst playing on the console no problem.

As for online multiplayer keyboard users having an advantage...well, I get pretty much annihilated online anyway so won’t make much difference to me.

I am all for the adaptive controller that Microsoft has now released, and it seems all kinds of triggers and pads and keyboard, blow pipe, and what not can be attached to that.....so perhaps adding a keyboard and standard mouse is just something that is being released in parallel with that, as Microsoft is expanding on the number of devices that can be connected to the console via usb.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/...
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:17
This could be really useful in certain genres, like RPGs and point and click adventures!
$ICK$IDE
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:20
mkdfan1990 said:
I hope this means we get a bunch of point and click adventures!
I would be all over that.
See You Space Cowboy...
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:23
Hoping this gets added to Brick Breaker. That game might actually be possible to complete if I can use a mouse.
Fishyy
Fishyy
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:40
nooooooooooooooo now im gonna get destroyed by pc players in all my fav shooter games... WHY XBOX? If i wanted to play PC id play fucking PC. now well all be at an unfair advantage to any nerd ass fuck tryna play with a mouse and keyboard
Gerbasgamer
Gerbasgamer
Posted on 26 September 18 at 16:46
Excellent news. Makes me hope that Civilization 6 will make it to Xbox One or Anno 1800.
Also Halo Wars 2, Cities Skylines, Tropico 6 etc. games that are already released or announced could see huge improvements.
superjas
superjas
Posted on 26 September 18 at 17:05
Gears tactics should now be scheduled for the One with this support
WebChimp UK
WebChimp UK
Posted on 26 September 18 at 17:27
Looking forward to this and interested in which developers will support it - a couple of games I've tried on the Xbox One definitely feel as though they could do with keyboard + mouse.
Signature
capicawl
capicawl
Posted on 26 September 18 at 17:29
A mouse would be ideal for games like cities skyline.
SPACE ODDITY
SPACE ODDITY
Posted on 26 September 18 at 17:35
So basically Microsoft are turning my console into a low budget PC under the TV laugh

Sea Of Thieves is so unbalanced thanks to cross platform, I so hope we don't see any mouse and keyboard support on Xbox PvP games.
QUAKE 4 Number One GRAW Solo Number OneT
Skridger
Skridger
Posted on 26 September 18 at 18:08
IronFistofSnuff said:
Please EA, add this to The Sims 4. It would benefit so much from adding mouse and keyboard.
This! I was so excited for the Sims 4 on console, but only played it for an hour or two because the controls are so unbelievably bad.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 26 September 18 at 18:27
An absolutely stupid choice. It has no place on console. Overwatch has already been DESTROYED on Xbox, the higher ranks are dominated by mouse and keyboard hackers. ANY dev who allows this in PVP is an idiot, plain and simple. They will never get a dime of my money when they do.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
Paul Laserbeam
Paul Laserbeam
Posted on 26 September 18 at 18:58
I've been dying to play Warframe with a mouse and keyboard, hyped af for this.
Aqua Shark 1230
Posted on 26 September 18 at 19:25
Stop bitching guys! U complain about cross platform destruction by ppl on pc well now it will be an even playing field. Why is more options on how to play a bad thing? I am glad now my wife can play games with me. She can't use the controller well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.