The Original Off Topic Board Forum

Chat about anything you like!

Beer and gaming!

AuthorMessage
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 26 September 18 at 20:33
I am a huge fan of sipping Arrogant Bastard Ale when I am having my solo gaming sessions. Especially when I am deep in a JRPG.

Anybody else here appreciate drinking and gaming?

Granted, I would never condone getting wasted before or during a gaming session that involves cooperation with others. That’s just rude.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 26 September 18 at 20:39
I'm more of a Stout guy myself.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 26 September 18 at 20:47
I love some beer while gaming. Two enjoyable things going hand in hand, what’s not to like. I agree please don’t join a session drunk. The last thing anyone wants to hear is someone ranting profanities constantly about stupid things during a session.
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:01, Edited on 26 September 18 at 21:02 by ThreeHaddock62
Defo a Porter guy myself.

If I'm playing a campaign, it really just depends. I do enjoy a good beer while gaming.

If I'm self-boosting...I have to drink...it so tedious and boring (And I don't even do grinds) I need something good to go with it, LOL

I would never get drunk for a session that involves others though...I don't get rude or vulgar...I do however lose a good amount of hand/eye coordination though...lol
Hola
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:08
I just don't get drunk, ever, so that's not a problem laugh
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:16
Shinnizle said:
I just don't get drunk, ever, so that's not a problem laugh
Best way to do it, lol. I'll admit I do, usually when doing something mindless and losing count of how many I've had, hahaha
Hola
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 28 September 18 at 17:42
ThreeHaddock62 said:
If I'm self-boosting...I have to drink...it so tedious and boring (And I don't even do grinds) I need something good to go with it, LOL
I imagine if I ever want to grind out the 30,000 kill trophies in Star Ocean 4, some hoppy goodness would be a necessity for me then. Heh.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 28 September 18 at 18:02
I rarely drink and game. I get disinterested and want to go be social. I do smoke a ton when I game, though. music
Old Zengunner
Old Zengunner
Posted on 29 November 18 at 19:35
I usually have a glass of Glenmorangie when I'm doing my Friday night or Saturday night gaming. If it's ale I'm wanting, my mug holds 2 cans of Boddington's. :) Life is good.
DrMmmPie
DrMmmPie
Posted on 02 December 18 at 11:23
Rum and coke guy here. If I'm not doing anything that involves being an adult the following day.ie food shopping or visiting the in-laws ECT. LIIT all the way.
Free pro give away https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1066420
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 03 December 18 at 20:16
DrMmmPie said:
Rum and coke guy here. If I'm not doing anything that involves being an adult the following day.ie food shopping or visiting the in-laws ECT. LIIT all the way.
I used to drink Sailor Jerry rum with Coke. With a splash of lime. That was good stuff.

One of my biggest drunk memories involved Bacardi 151 and Coke. I was watching Time Bandits for the first time on my brand new DVD player about 18 years ago. Scenes were repeating, and I thought that was part of the film and pretty trippy. I wake up the next morning to realize I was sitting on my DVD player's remote control. Since then, I have not done 151.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.