The Original Off Topic Board Forum

Chat about anything you like!

Beer and gaming!

AuthorMessage
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 26 September 18 at 20:33
I am a huge fan of sipping Arrogant Bastard Ale when I am having my solo gaming sessions. Especially when I am deep in a JRPG.

Anybody else here appreciate drinking and gaming?

Granted, I would never condone getting wasted before or during a gaming session that involves cooperation with others. That’s just rude.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 26 September 18 at 20:39
I'm more of a Stout guy myself.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 26 September 18 at 20:47
I love some beer while gaming. Two enjoyable things going hand in hand, what’s not to like. I agree please don’t join a session drunk. The last thing anyone wants to hear is someone ranting profanities constantly about stupid things during a session.
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:01, Edited on 26 September 18 at 21:02 by ThreeHaddock62
Defo a Porter guy myself.

If I'm playing a campaign, it really just depends. I do enjoy a good beer while gaming.

If I'm self-boosting...I have to drink...it so tedious and boring (And I don't even do grinds) I need something good to go with it, LOL

I would never get drunk for a session that involves others though...I don't get rude or vulgar...I do however lose a good amount of hand/eye coordination though...lol
Hola
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:08
I just don't get drunk, ever, so that's not a problem laugh
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 26 September 18 at 21:16
Shinnizle said:
I just don't get drunk, ever, so that's not a problem laugh
Best way to do it, lol. I'll admit I do, usually when doing something mindless and losing count of how many I've had, hahaha
Hola
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 28 September 18 at 17:42
ThreeHaddock62 said:
If I'm self-boosting...I have to drink...it so tedious and boring (And I don't even do grinds) I need something good to go with it, LOL
I imagine if I ever want to grind out the 30,000 kill trophies in Star Ocean 4, some hoppy goodness would be a necessity for me then. Heh.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 28 September 18 at 18:02
I rarely drink and game. I get disinterested and want to go be social. I do smoke a ton when I game, though. music
Old Zengunner
Old Zengunner
Posted on 29 November 18 at 19:35
I usually have a glass of Glenmorangie when I'm doing my Friday night or Saturday night gaming. If it's ale I'm wanting, my mug holds 2 cans of Boddington's. :) Life is good.
DrMmmPie
DrMmmPie
Posted on 02 December 18 at 11:23
Rum and coke guy here. If I'm not doing anything that involves being an adult the following day.ie food shopping or visiting the in-laws ECT. LIIT all the way.
Free pro give away https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1066420
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 03 December 18 at 20:16
DrMmmPie said:
Rum and coke guy here. If I'm not doing anything that involves being an adult the following day.ie food shopping or visiting the in-laws ECT. LIIT all the way.
I used to drink Sailor Jerry rum with Coke. With a splash of lime. That was good stuff.

One of my biggest drunk memories involved Bacardi 151 and Coke. I was watching Time Bandits for the first time on my brand new DVD player about 18 years ago. Scenes were repeating, and I thought that was part of the film and pretty trippy. I wake up the next morning to realize I was sitting on my DVD player's remote control. Since then, I have not done 151.
Big Hat Paul
Big Hat Paul
Posted on 11 January 19 at 17:39
I try to not drink when I'm home alone, but the times I would it would generally just be me playing retro games that I know like the back of my hand as a test of how drunk I really am.
come join us at - https://discord.gg/bh2c78a (TrueGaming Network Discord)
meesko
meesko
Posted on 29 January 19 at 13:15
yes, this is my favorite activity too))
SchizoPsycho74
Posted on 31 January 19 at 22:40
My favorite beer is an open beer.
I'm 99.9% sure that I need a beer.
WrecklessRush
Posted on 12 August 19 at 18:39, Edited on 12 August 19 at 18:41 by WrecklessRush
I can't drink while gaming... I'm a pure dick... I end up inviting loads of people to party's and talk utter shit to them... I now know this is something i shouldn't do so i knocked it on the head and steer clear of the xbox when consuming the devils juice.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.