Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Is Max Payne Coming to Backwards Compatibility Today?

• BlackbirdSSRBlackbirdSSR173,292
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 13:55Permalink
    Sweet! Although, I really want Max Payne 3 for BC
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant481,915
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 14:02Permalink
    I am not a fan of remastering 360 games but really want games from pre-360 era to be remastered or ported, Playing them again with achievements would be awesome.
  • elhocidelhocid160,059
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 14:03Permalink
    These games are old, even a remaster would probably be not enough today. Their masterpiece is Quantum Break, the old games are just history.
  • Joe CobraJoe Cobra418,980
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 14:14Permalink
    oh god please release all 3 read my status and you will understandheadspin i have been waiting for something like this for a long time. headspinheadspinclap
  • Joe CobraJoe Cobra418,980
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 14:21Permalink
    i think its going to just be backward compatible.

just look at the picture it gives us all the clues we need starting with the back pack get it back pack compatible.....

then of course a pic of max payne 1 and 2 and the magazine of control tells me we may have to buy control to get max payne 1 and 2 free.if not you can just buy them separate.

this is what i make of it.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,007,800
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 14:32Permalink
    elhocid said:
    These games are old, even a remaster would probably be not enough today. Their masterpiece is Quantum Break, the old games are just history.
    Bollocks.

They're still fantastic.
    https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
  • Posted on 27 September 18 at 14:33Permalink
    I wish this was an Xbox One remaster. Max Payne is probably among my top 3 favorite xbox 360 games
  • Posted on 27 September 18 at 14:48Permalink
    Joe Cobra said:

just look at the picture it gives us all the clues we need starting with the back pack get it back pack compatible.....

then of course a pic of max payne 1 and 2 and the magazine of control tells me we may have to buy control to get max payne 1 and 2 free.if not you can just buy them separate.

this right here is spot on, good use of back pack, the magazine has a picture of control but the word free is on it along with the word returns, plus the max payne games in the image, all suggest if you pre-order control you will receive max payne 1 and 2 for free on back pack as a bonus.
  • Posted on 27 September 18 at 15:35Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    elhocid said:
    Bollocks.

They're still fantastic.
    Got there before me, darn you! ;)
  • Posted on 27 September 18 at 15:41Permalink
    AXIOMS OF FATE said:
    Joe Cobra said:

this right here is spot on, good use of back pack, the magazine has a picture of control but the word free is on it along with the word returns, plus the max payne games in the image, all suggest if you pre-order control you will receive max payne 1 and 2 for free on back pack as a bonus.
    Yeah, I think MP1/MP2 going BC (but not 3... yet) and as pre-order incentives is a good shout.

I just hope we aren't getting ahead of ourselves... on the last Dev Diary for Control there was the tease: 'next episode will reveal a familiar voice'. I wonder if it's just going to be the voice actor for Max being announced as appearing in Control.

Well, we'll find out in 20 mins...
  • Posted on 27 September 18 at 16:02Permalink
    Lol... New York Comic Con...

Well, thanks for getting my hopes up, everyone!
  • notion3000notion3000305,869
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 16:26Permalink
    Oh my word. Anticlimax of the year award goes to Remedy!
  • Posted on 27 September 18 at 17:39Permalink
    max payne 1+2 sure, 3 no way.
  • RumbleFish10RumbleFish10938,679
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 18:10Permalink
    Played the crap out of the first two Max Payne games on PC back in the day!
  • Slimshady296Slimshady296418,752
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 18:13Permalink
    Wound up just being the worst tease of anything, ever.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58404,068
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 18:41Permalink
    Talk about a nothing announcement, good trolling of your fans Remedy.

Hoping that they had planned on announcing BC for the games but something came up that delayed it (cough* ROCKSTAR* cough) and will come later.
  • TrademarkmanTrademarkman384,373
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 19:11Permalink
    What was the announcement they made?
    Matthew Anderson ADHD Gaming Podcast Contributor, Kinda Funny Games Daily Contributor
  • Posted on 27 September 18 at 19:20Permalink
    Trademarkman said:
    What was the announcement they made?
    They posted that they will be at the New York Comic Con, so I guess that's the announcement?
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • Big EllBig Ell900,725
    Posted on 27 September 18 at 20:01Permalink
    Why is this something like this even “news”? It was baseless speculation, it’s now been debunked. Get rid of it.
  • Posted on 27 September 18 at 20:03Permalink
    That’s the announcement, and it was horribly lame.

We need Microsoft to release theirnhold on Alan Wake, or pay for HD remaster (aka pc port)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.