Game Discussion: The Last Door: Season 2 (Win 10) Forum

Help with Playwright

AuthorMessage
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 27 September 18 at 22:58, Edited on 27 September 18 at 23:35 by xXOdessaXx
I have replayed every section numerous times, checking off the list of secrets. I still can't seem to get the achievement. I was reviewing some of the Steam posts under the guide and someone mentioned two things that I was unable to find in the walk through.

Each time you see the symbols, and click the wax and poster, Wakefield will say: I remember that the people in the past did this or something and you would get the symbols on the poster. Though the mirrorverse symbols are obviously reversed. So the symbols are: pointy W, double T, snaky S, curvy Nn, upside down y, and capital V with little triangle on one end. Hope this helps!
In Beyond the Curtain, I figured out what the wax Lynx jaw and the poster was for: First is at the beginning or end of each section, you can record what two symbols you get for the forest puzzle. next is after you planted the Daphne root and went into the mirrorverse and look at the Daphne tree sprouting out of the coffin, and the last two are at the beginning of the forest puzzle.
Has anyone gotten this achievement that can point me to where I am supposed to do these two things?

Guides were from JumboWario's post: Complete Achievement Walkthough

Also, if I restart a chapter, do I have to do the whole thing or will the items found prior be checked off?

So far I found: The root you can find in bird's cage in ch.3 (before finding the first shadow) can be planted in the tree transplanting hole, near the faceless statue before the school.

No idea about the enormous feather or the jaw still.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 28 September 18 at 00:04, Edited on 28 September 18 at 00:16 by JumboWario
I had no issues using the info in the 2nd link I posted in my original post. I don't remember ever having to use the wax jaw or any symbols.

I don't think you have to redo secrets you already did when replaying a chapter. You could just to be safe, but the last one I unlocked during a partial playthrough where I did not redo the previous chapters/secrets.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Game On.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 28 September 18 at 00:55
Oh man. I don't know what I did, then. Do you think it glitched on me? Am I able to delete data to try again? I literally used that checklist and did everything. The only difference is I started on my tablet, then went to my laptop.
dasaki v
dasaki v
Posted on 28 September 18 at 01:28
xXOdessaXx said:
Oh man. I don't know what I did, then. Do you think it glitched on me? Am I able to delete data to try again? I literally used that checklist and did everything. The only difference is I started on my tablet, then went to my laptop.
To check if it glitched on you or not, go to extras then achievements, it will be grey if locked or tan/brown if the game registered it as unlocked but it just didn't sync.

I personally had The Whole Story unlock but then take another many hours to sync right.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 28 September 18 at 15:27
I just checked and its greyed out. I remember another game that didn't unlock achievements on the Tablet so hopefully that's the culprit.
xXOdessaXx
xXOdessaXx
Posted on 29 September 18 at 21:20
OMG. *facepalm* I didn't inspect the correct gravestone in episode 3. Thank you both for all the helpful information. It was an interesting game for sure. :)
Watty8883
Watty8883
Posted on 30 September 18 at 08:08
My experience was I had to replay the graveyard early in episode 3 after completing the other 10 in order.
Nothing popped so I assumed I had missed one and quit the game.Achievement popped on title screen.The game was very buggy with random crashes and major inventory items disappearing so took longer than expected to complete this.
SPOOKYVILLE
SPOOKYVILLE
Posted on 04 November 18 at 22:50
Glitched on me as well. I have done all the secrets as described but no achievement. Did crash out a couple of times and had to restart when the umbrella disappeared from my inventory. Peeved I am going to have to play all way through from scratch again. Very annoying!
Team Effigy
Posted on 10 November 18 at 01:07
Completed 2 playthroughs following the walkthrough - still missing The Whole Story and Playwright. Not sure what I'm missing... I've been playing in in chucks - so I'm going to do a non-stop run this week to see if that will solve the issue. warning
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 11 December 18 at 16:20
Watty8883 said:
My experience was I had to replay the graveyard early in episode 3 after completing the other 10 in order.
Nothing popped so I assumed I had missed one and quit the game.Achievement popped on title screen.The game was very buggy with random crashes and major inventory items disappearing so took longer than expected to complete this.
Aw, man. My inventory items have disappeared too. Fortunately, just exiting to the main menu and continuing from there did the trick.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
SPOOKYVILLE
SPOOKYVILLE
Posted on 17 December 18 at 18:16, Edited on 22 December 18 at 03:08 by SPOOKYVILLE
Played through it all 3 times now and still no playwright. And I know 100% that I hit all the clues. Not amused at all.
General Tynstar
General Tynstar
Posted on 11 January 19 at 21:42
I am having issues also. This game is pure shit.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.