Game Discussion: Valkyria Chronicles 4 Forum

Valkyria Chronicles 4 achievement issues

AuthorMessage
monkeyrowan
monkeyrowan
Posted on 29 September 18 at 13:49
I have had quite a few issues with achievements in this game not unlocking despite meeting the requirements. I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues as I have contacted sega support but anymore problems or details would be great.
RedBlinky
RedBlinky
Posted on 29 September 18 at 16:23
I've had issues when the game is put in standby while watching YouTube or something if I quit out and come back in they will all unlock after finishing my next battle.
NekoZam
NekoZam
Posted on 30 September 18 at 06:09, Edited on 30 September 18 at 06:28 by NekoZam
I just had the achievement for beating chapter 4 not unlock. I did put my Xbox to sleep between play sessions without closing the game when normally I would so I'll try the suggestion of finishing another battle to see if it unlocks. Otherwise, I have a save before the third battle of the chapter; I guess I could try redoing it. =/

UPDATE: After closing and reopening the game, loading a save from right after completing the third battle of chapter 4, and playing the cutscenes that end the chapter, the achievement unlocked as it should have.

So it seems the game does not like being put on standby and reopened when it comes to achievements unlocking. Try that out if you haven't already OP and hopefully all will work out for you as well. And thanks to RedBlinky for the suggestion! Saved me from having to replay that battle lol.
JohnVaunMastro
Posted on 01 October 18 at 11:13
Yep same issues and solutions here too. Luckily it doesn't seem to mess with any that can't be fixed. Got a complete chapter one fixed by playing the level over again, elite class by visiting the training field again and orders given by just giving a random order the next time I was playing. Scared me at first :p
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 01 October 18 at 17:52
Thanks for the comments in regards to this issue.

I was playing last night and the achievement for finishing Chapter 7 didn't pop. I played through the whole interlude following it and nothing triggered.

Thankfully, I had an earlier save and was able to close the game and reload the save to trigger it. I have been trying not to keep too many save files for this game, but I guess I'll start keeping more as a precaution!
monkeyrowan
monkeyrowan
Posted on 02 October 18 at 21:11
I completed the game and didn't get any of the achievements for beating anything after chapter 4. They unlocked after watching the last event from the chapter associated with the achievement. Does anyone know of a list for all equipment or tank parts I'm pretty sure I have them all but it hasn't unlocked.
JohnVaunMastro
Posted on 02 October 18 at 23:39
monkeyrowan said:
Does anyone know of a list for all equipment or tank parts I'm pretty sure I have them all but it hasn't unlocked.
I haven't been able to find a complete list yet, but it seems that also includes all of the Ace parts and weapons as well which complicates things a bit. Not sure how long it will take for someone to make a complete guide of them though. Been trying to balance getting all max ranks and making sure to get an Ace on every level but I've definitely missed a few or been unable to find them at all on certain maps *shrug* on the bright side the tank aces are usually much easier to find.
ERR 5h0wt1m3
ERR 5h0wt1m3
Posted on 04 October 18 at 20:32
here is a link to a complete guide for the psn trophies: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7805-valkyria-chronicles-4-tro.... i think everything is covered there and nothing new could be added.
Jesse
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 05 October 18 at 00:13
It doesn't cover the DLC missions, but those aren't required for any achievements. Currently only one of them are released anyways.

If anyone is looking for the Aces in missions 1 and 2 of the DLC "A Captainless Squad" they are located by a barrier in the south, and behind a hill in the NE respectively. Again, they aren't needed for achievements, but they are needed to unlock the final mission of the DLC if anyone cares!
regret
regret
Posted on 10 October 18 at 03:05
ERR 5h0wt1m3 said:
here is a link to a complete guide for the psn trophies: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7805-valkyria-chronicles-4-tro.... i think everything is covered there and nothing new could be added.
So we only have to get A ranks and not S like the guide you posted?
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 10 October 18 at 13:51
S and A ranks are one and the same. In the Japanese release I believe that they were S Ranks, but the English version has them as A Ranks.
Whazzupwifat
Whazzupwifat
Posted on 07 December 18 at 04:01
Yer i had abit of drama at the end of the story. After redoing the final chapter on Hard for a secret achievement, i watched the new cut scene finish but no achievement. So i went to the training camp and maxed out (lvl 30) the remainder of my squad. Got congratulated but no achievement. Bummer. Eventually did a hard reboot of the console replayed the final cutscene. Achievement popped. So went back into training camp, lucky i hadn't made a recent save, leveled up again and achievement popped. Yay...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.