Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

If Not GTA VI, What Will Rockstar’s Next Game Be?

• Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:17Permalink
    Neither Red Dead 2 or GTA VI have been released yet. GTA may not be out for years, so I don't see the point in theorizing yet. Way too premature
  • a44Speciala44Special547,100
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:23Permalink
    xxxxPRODIGYxxxx said:
    Neither Red Dead 2 or GTA VI have been released yet. GTA may not be out for years, so I don't see the point in theorizing yet. Way too premature
    Agree

However, if I had to guess it would be ether a sequel to bully or a completely new IP which I would love as Rockstar has not made one for quite some time.
    All gave some, some gave all.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant477,858
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:27Permalink
    xxxxPRODIGYxxxx said:
    Spot on.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:30Permalink
    Hopefully a new IP. I've only dabbled in R* games and so far I'm unimpressed.
    I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
  • Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:35Permalink
    we need a midnight club game
  • Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:37Permalink
    Table tennis 2 lol
  • KnoellKnoell347,445
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:44, Edited on 30 September 18 at 16:45 by KnoellPermalink
    xxxxPRODIGYxxxx said:
    Red Dead 2 is all but finished, and GTA VI is likely being diligently worked on. You better bet Rockstar is definitely thinking what's next and making preliminary plans so I don't see the speculation as premature.

I don't believe they can make another Bully in this political climate as much as I want a sequel. They have never shied away from controversy but this may be too big even for them.

I would bet on new IP or LA Noire.
  • Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:50Permalink
    I wanna after RDR 2 ang GTA VI remaster of Max Payne 3, Max Payne 4, new Midnight Club and Table Tennis 2.
  • RevRico420RevRico420145,017
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:51Permalink
    I want a manhunt remake and bully 2.

That said, I'd much rather those games come from a developer that isn't part of the Take2 monetization uber alles family.

I still don't know of they'll survive rdr2. After all the hype and all the taunting and teasing, the scumbag tactics of locking story missions behind special editions of the game is not a positive point, and watching the deevolution of gta online I just, well, I hope gamers stand up and say "fuck you, your microtransactions, your macrotransactions, your sorry cut and paste update designs, your complete and utter lack of customization options, your constant spamming for overpriced fake money, and your attitude that gamers who don't pay for microtransactions are freeloaders."

It most likely won't happen,but a boy can dream.
  • Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:54Permalink
    Can't see us getting a new Midnight Club ever again with how popular racing in GTAO is (despite it being absolute garbage and requiring next to no skill to win) or a SP focused game like L.A Noire + Max Payne with how current trends are in regards to SP vs Online.

A new Bully is my pick, I just hope that if I'm right the SP is given the majority of the attention by them, and even though I won't be buying RDR2 I suppose that will be an indicator of the direction Rockstar's future games are going to go, I think most of us have an idea already with how GTA 5 went but I'll hold out a little bit of hope until RDR2 Online likely comes along and extinguishes it.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • RevRico420RevRico420145,017
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:55Permalink
    TheNickOfTime said:
    Hopefully a new IP. I've only dabbled in R* games and so far I'm unimpressed.
    They used to be a lot better, before GTA online blew up in popularity. Fantastic immersive stories, original ideas, immersive and entertaining worlds. The graphics have not stood the test of time, but the gameplay has. Although the controls in RDR are horrendous going back and playing now.
  • Obscure AleObscure Ale209,932
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:56Permalink
    Red Dead Redemption 3 and GTA VII.
  • WardieshireWardieshire561,877
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 17:06Permalink
    Obscure Ale said:
    Red Dead Redemption 3 and GTA VII.
    This.
  • Posted on 30 September 18 at 17:10Permalink
    Would be cool if they throw in a new top-down GTA as a smaller arcade title.

Other than that I think they will come up with a new IP. They are very creative minds and I guess they have a boat load of ideas.

Regarding L.A.Noire and Bully they feel like one offs to me. Don't think they will ever see a sequel.
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249525,180
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 17:09Permalink
    Midnight club was a blast, I wish they would bring it back.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant477,858
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 17:13Permalink
    RevRico420 said:
    I still don't know of they'll survive rdr2. After all the hype and all the taunting and teasing, the scumbag tactics of locking story missions behind special editions of the game
    Can you please explain what you mean? The only missions I have seen are the Bank Robbery mission. Having special editions having extra missions has been going on for even before the X1.
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan644,941
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 17:29Permalink
    We need an other Bully.
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n585,803
    Posted on 30 September 18 at 17:40Permalink
    I think they should go in a direction towards an mmorpg!
  • Posted on 30 September 18 at 17:44, Edited on 30 September 18 at 17:47 by FightingMegaFooPermalink
    After RDR2 and GTAVI? I don't give a shit what they're releasing in 2028 roll
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.