Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

If Not GTA VI, What Will Rockstar’s Next Game Be?

• Posted on 02 October 18 at 09:35Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:
    ParadoxReal8 said:
    At least, I took the time to tell my own point of view about this and even if you don't share it, thanks for respecting mine.
    Of course I respect your decision, I just have a hard time understanding it. The 2 million GTAO was a perk, and did not encourage you to buy RDR2 nor did you pay for it. It was simply put a small extra bonus.

LuckyConquerer2 said:
    @Paradox, of course it won’t sell as much as GTA V. That game broke records. No one is expecting it to match it but it will be a commercial success.
    GTA V sold well because they saw the opportunity to sell on two generations of consoles which in my opinion, is a bit shady as they did not tell us they would release on the next gen when they released it on the old gen. If they had told us, how many less games would had been sold? I can imagine, quite a few.
    To be honest I played GTA V on 360 and loved it. When it came out on Xbox One, I actually enjoyed it more. The graphics were improved quite significantly and the first person mode really made it feel like a different game for me. I played the whole story in first person mode and recommend it to others! The detail you see in this mode is quite something.
  • CyberPunch83CyberPunch83342,960 342,960 GamerScore
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 10:09Permalink
    Bully is more than overdue for a sequel. They could always do a sort of 'spiritual sequel' and set the game in a new location and a new protagonist, completely separated from the originals. The game would most likely look and feel like current GTA, just perhaps with no driving mechanic depending on the age of the player character.
  • Nimr0d87Nimr0d87474,151
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 17:41Permalink
    leventdepevent said:
    Table tennis 2 lol
    THIS
  • Twinkling82Twinkling82155,296
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 17:51Permalink
    The Manic Moose said:
    Twinkling82 said:
    GTA V sold well because they saw the opportunity to sell on two generations of consoles which in my opinion, is a bit shady as they did not tell us they would release on the next gen when they released it on the old gen. If they had told us, how many less games would had been sold? I can imagine, quite a few.
    To be honest I played GTA V on 360 and loved it. When it came out on Xbox One, I actually enjoyed it more. The graphics were improved quite significantly and the first person mode really made it feel like a different game for me. I played the whole story in first person mode and recommend it to others! The detail you see in this mode is quite something.
    I hated the first person mode in GTA V, I had to force myself more or less to play the first 15 hours of singleplayer to get the 15 hour first person mode achievement. Yes, new gen version looked better but not by that much. And that wasn't really my point (I enjoyed it on both consoles too), my point was them lucrating on NOT telling us they would release on new gen a couple months down the line. Most anticipated it, myself included, but then again, I didn't pay for my copies as I got promos for reviewing the game back in the day (both gen versions).
    I will be playing video games at the retirement home when the time comes. If I can.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,063,255
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 18:28Permalink
    I would love a new LA Noire. Not many games anywhere near its gameplay and narrative style and that's a shame.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899364,642
    Posted on 03 October 18 at 13:18Permalink
    Bully, online.
    You have now left high school and are in the work place. You work your way up to being president in the game! You will be the top trump!
  • halohogghalohogg97,544
    Posted on 03 October 18 at 19:38Permalink
    ^ laugh
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285297,376
    Posted on 05 October 18 at 03:38Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:
    GTA 3 and Vice City is on PS4 - with trophies. I can't understand for the life of me why they don't release on Xbox One. Can't be timed, since it's been way more than a year. (page on the games says dec 2015)
    It is really strange. All three (San Andreas too) released for PS then. However, XBOX had had the SA port for over a year at that point. Going on 3 years now though I doubt anything is in the works sadly. Would love to replay those with achievements
  • KnoellKnoell347,539
    Posted on 06 October 18 at 13:27Permalink
    VveniVvidiVvici said:
    Knoell said:
    xxxxPRODIGYxxxx said:
    Neither Red Dead 2 or GTA VI have been released yet. GTA may not be out for years, so I don't see the point in theorizing yet. Way too premature
    Red Dead 2 is all but finished, and GTA VI is likely being diligently worked on. You better bet Rockstar is definitely thinking what's next and making preliminary plans so I don't see the speculation as premature.

I don't believe they can make another Bully in this political climate as much as I want a sequel. They have never shied away from controversy but this may be too big even for them.

I would bet on new IP or LA Noire.
    In this political climate? lol I don't think Rockstar gives a shit about that. GTAV had everything from torture to sex crime. The extremes of everything were present and on display.
    Eh. This is especially sensitive. Having a bullied kid run around school getting even with his bullies and teachers? They'd either have to kid glove it or just not bother doing it. I am willing to bet this is the very reason they haven't done a sequel yet.
  • NomstuffNomstuff682,956
    Posted on 07 October 18 at 08:54Permalink
    It's more likely it just didn't make enough money, and they don't predict it'll make them enough to make a sequel .
  • Posted on 08 October 18 at 09:38, Edited on 08 October 18 at 09:54 by GammyGreenGiantPermalink
    Does anyone remember the team bondi leak from years ago for a game called “whore of the orient”? Shame they’re biennial defunct. I had high hopes for that game and that dev team
    Posted on 08 October 18 at 17:05Permalink
    Team Bondi was apparently a horrible work environment, so don't mourn them too deeply.
  • NomstuffNomstuff682,956
    Posted on 08 October 18 at 18:24Permalink
    tbf, naming gaming companies that aren't hellholes is the more difficult task.
    Posted on 08 October 18 at 20:41Permalink
    Nomstuff said:
    tbf, naming gaming companies that aren't hellholes is the more difficult task.
    Amen, though naming and shaming is a good way to move employment practices. Ask Amazon. Game companies make waaaay too much money to treat employees badly. (And consumers, for that manner.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.