Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Finally Confirmed And Announced By Codemasters

AuthorMessage
Nexus Grunt
Nexus Grunt
Posted on 30 September 18 at 16:29
Promising to be the most authentic rally experience in gaming

Please click here to read the story: DiRT Rally 2.0 Finally Confirmed And Announced By Codemasters
YuriM25
YuriM25
Posted on 30 September 18 at 17:01
I hope it gets better than the first...
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 30 September 18 at 17:35
YuriM25 said:
I hope it gets easier than the first...
Fixed that for you ;-)

For me, I'd just like more diverse locations. I still look back fondly at New Zealand Indonesia from the first CMR in 1996, and Kenya from 2.0. Japan, the perpetually wet tarmac event was awesome in 3 & 4 too.
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 30 September 18 at 18:08
Unless its easier then the first game I won't play it
Goggs25
Bobblehead Joe
Posted on 30 September 18 at 18:18
People here hate hard games lol
Dubs187
Dubs187
Posted on 30 September 18 at 18:21
Nice the first one was awesome, sure it was hard but I still enjoyed myself, and if it is as hard as the first one oh well not gonna stop me from enjoying a great game.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 30 September 18 at 18:55, Edited on 30 September 18 at 18:58 by Schinderdiv
Game of the year 2019!!! Best gaming news I've read all year!!! toast

Also, I agree with x Mataeus x about seeing some of those old locations return - Japan was always my favorite tarmac location and I've wanted to see it return for yeeeaaarrrrrrsss. Nice to see an old CMR fan around still!
Streets Ahead
Th3Fr33Ma6ons66
Posted on 30 September 18 at 19:29
Looking forward to this
FreshAspek
FreshAspek
Posted on 30 September 18 at 19:43
I liked the first but still have a lot of the online achievements left. I think the daily or weekly challenges were giving me trouble. Do you guys think they are in danger? Or will the servers stay up?
Krispy Sheets
Krispy Sheets
Posted on 30 September 18 at 19:48
I'll eventually play it but man the first game kicked my ass.
BRAN IS HERE
BRAN IS HERE
Posted on 30 September 18 at 20:07
If it's the same as the first I won't be buying it on release....if I wanted a real rally experience I'd buy a lanica delta laugh
D
Proud Dad MCAL
Posted on 30 September 18 at 20:53
If it’s th s Same as the first... I WILL DEFINITELY BUY IT!! The first was amazing and really gave a since of accomplishment when winning a race or championship. I think I was #5 on the site to finish this game.
Jan 0
Jan 0
Posted on 30 September 18 at 21:03
oh my, best announcement for a while! can`t wait.
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 30 September 18 at 21:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw8DJY7aZQ
I watched the clip before playing the game - didn't think anything of it. After DNFing twice in Greece and subsequently uninstalling... well, I somehow had gained a new perspective. smile

Respect to the cats that can hang with this game!
x Mataeus x said:
YuriM25 said:
I hope it gets easier than the first...
Fixed that for you ;-)
Oof
[sic]
ukinspro
ukinspro
Posted on 30 September 18 at 22:48
YuriM25 said:
I hope it gets better than the first...
I would very much doubt it. Looks like they want to stick with their authentic scheme, which is a pretty stupid comment really. I'm sure if I sit on my drive with my xbox and controller + a copy of Dirt Rally 2, it's not going to feel like driving my car.

The first effort for me was not fun, some idiots will comment saying it's because it is too hard, but put plainly it's not entertaining enough for a lot of people to put the time and effort in. Why can't developers make a decent arcade racer with one set difficulty and make it challenging, alas these games seem to be a thing of the past.
Haukkis
Haukkis
Posted on 01 October 18 at 00:08
I hated first Dirt Rally, for me it was biggest disappointment in years. Insane difficulty (even easy was like extreme!), lack of different tracks ( they say it has 12 tracks/stages on each country but that's not true, it only has 2-3 tracks, others are just variations of those tracks), poor multiplayer, poor career mode... yeah, worst game in Dirt series. Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo was much better IMO. Not sure if I want to buy this game... probably gonna wait prize drop. Hopefully AI is much easier this time.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 01 October 18 at 02:33
it'll be good, but 10x harder then say forza horizon, it's just way too hard for me, i like a challenge but this is mental
mosin360
mosin360
Posted on 01 October 18 at 03:01
The dev needs to go back and play Dirt, the first and the best Dirt. Improve on that game and dump everything else. Talk about a dev who has lost their way.
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 01 October 18 at 03:56
I'm sorry but I hated the first game. It's probably one of a handful of games I own that I regret paying a dime for.

The fact that there's absolutely no accessibility designed into this game alienates 95% of the people who would want to play it, simply because it's far too difficult with no way of truly adjusting it.
SaucyComrade94
Posted on 01 October 18 at 04:20
I really enjoyed the driving mechanics in the fourth, so if it's as good or better than dirt 4 I'll definitely try it out. clap

Previously stated here, more diverse locations would be much appreciated.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.