The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 2nd, 2018

• norninjanorninja209,483
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 08:23Permalink
    I'm glad there wasn't anything I wanted to grab. Just grabbed Fora Horizon 4 and planning to buy more games soon.
  • SlabbaSlabba171,156
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 09:29Permalink
    I must be getting out of touch, I don’t recognise a lot of those games
  • AssassinDKAssassinDK1,246,957
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 10:58Permalink
    RadicalSniper99 said:
    A lot of great ID@Xbox titles in there. Open your minds to those because there are some really awesome games in there.
    Couldn't agree more! But I understand that not everyone is grew up with a Commodore 64/NES/SNES/MegaDrive, and people also have different budgets. But there are some seriously good games on sale, and a lot of decent ones. The great thing about indie games is that they can take chances, and be creative, and it gives players a lot of variety as opposed to the often safe approach of AAA.titles (hey look, another Ubisoft open world game with a different skin).

For those that love the 16-bit era, there are at least 20 games I would recommend in this sale. But if not, then I can understand people are underwhelmed.
  • vSullyvSully831,532
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 12:26Permalink
    I bought Unit 4 and Jotun.

I started adding games to my wishlist so I would remember them and it turns out that you get a notification when wishlist games go on sale. What an awesome feature.
  • Posted on 02 October 18 at 12:32Permalink
    Quite the gaggle of indies on sale. Will have to sift through them and check the steam ratings since indies tend to skew low on here.
  • CRUM LEECRUM LEE464,032
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 13:22Permalink
    As a skateboarder, I recommend OlliOlli2. Such a fun game with super tight controls. It get's unbelievably hard, though. Hats off to anyone who can complete that one.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,586
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 13:37Permalink
    Hollow Knight just dropped and it’s discounted too, brilliant platformers if a little challenging.

Initially wanted Moonlighter but judging by all the issues I’ll pass. For good.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • halohogghalohogg97,550
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 14:17Permalink
    PsychicChicken said:
    Siphon Filther said:
    ArDPalang said:
    Quick! Grab overcooked before it goes free.
    Ahahahaha :) my thought exactly!
    You'll notice that Overcooked is a SILVER sale. Meaning that it is on sale for those that don't have a gold account. You know, the people that don't get the Games with GOLD - free games.
    The Special edition link is actually to Overcooked: Gourmet Edition which includes a DLC pack. I was surprised the FREE with Gold version is not listed in the XBox One Games section - they usually include the GwG titles in the Sales article.
  • BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard1,204,751
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 14:20Permalink
    Asdivine Hearts and Altered Beast for me. clap
  • Posted on 02 October 18 at 14:43Permalink
    I agree, lots of interesting-looking indie games up this week. Will look through trailers/previews of the games this weekend and I'm sure I'll pick up 2-4 of them.

A few dollars each is an absolute bargain and worth supporting an indie developer....
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney528,717
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 15:03Permalink
    Linkx NZ said:
    lol I waited sooo long for Momodora to go on sale... then just as they announced the Switch version was coming, it goes on sale! angry

Now I don't know which one to get it on.
    I literally just played through it over the weekend, and thought it was fantastic. I paid about the same amount it's on sale for now. Definitely worth it, if you ask me, but be prepared to do three playthroughs to get 1000gs (one pacifist playthrough on any difficulty, one playthrough on Hard to unlock Insane, and one playthrough on Insane). If you like old school action sidescrollers/Metroidvanias, it's a must-have.

OT, some great Indie titles in here I've been eyeballing for a while. Will likely pick up more than a few! dance
  • bLaKgRaVybLaKgRaVy569,498
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 15:57Permalink
    Maybe Don't Sink and The Long Reach for me.
  • InundatedDadInundatedDad197,682
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 16:11Permalink
    Can't say enough good things about Penarium! Great game and an easy enough completion.
  • Otouto72Otouto72892,854
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 16:36Permalink
    Deep Ones is apparently “inspired by the ZX Spectrum”.

Well........if that is the case I'm sold. Totally.
  • BLYASTBLYAST869,669
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 18:38Permalink
    Deep ones, Iron Crypticle, Aqua Kitty, and Penarium bought here. Solid bargain gamerscore/indie week!
    OG
  • PredefiancePredefiance210,171
    Posted on 02 October 18 at 23:41Permalink
    Pretty ordinary unfortunately.
  • Posted on 03 October 18 at 05:19Permalink
    AssassinDK said:
    RadicalSniper99 said:
    A lot of great ID@Xbox titles in there. Open your minds to those because there are some really awesome games in there.
    Couldn't agree more! But I understand that not everyone is grew up with a Commodore 64/NES/SNES/MegaDrive, and people also have different budgets. But there are some seriously good games on sale, and a lot of decent ones. The great thing about indie games is that they can take chances, and be creative, and it gives players a lot of variety as opposed to the often safe approach of AAA.titles (hey look, another Ubisoft open world game with a different skin).

For those that love the 16-bit era, there are at least 20 games I would recommend in this sale. But if not, then I can understand people are underwhelmed.
    If you would so kindly..what ones do you recommend. There are quite a few. Reviews on here are few n far between on the small ones so I'll try looking for videos. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! There seem to be quite a few for $5 n under. Perfect for my "cooleown" games in between Forza, Assassins, and soon to be RDR2 😁😁
    Matthew
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper991,221,322
    Posted on 03 October 18 at 12:55Permalink
    Sure. Some games and thoughts:

Axiom Verge - Classic metroidvania style game
    Dandara - Also in the metroidvania category. Has unobtainables, but the movement system really is quite different
    Dead Cells - A lot of people have heard of this one and it’s not a deep sale. The rogue lite nature might put people off due to difficulty
    Fox N’ Forests - If you remember classic SNES 2D platformer, this is nearly perfect recreation of that
    Furi - Pure Boss rush gameplay. Learn the patterns and try to conquer them. It isn’t easy, but the art and style are amazing
    Hyper Light Drifter - Cool color scheme and difficult to master combat. Top down combat.
    Owl boy - I personally haven’t played this one much, but it’s highly reviewed as one of the “indie darlings”
    Serial Cleaner - Stealth game. The concept is pretty funny, but it’s well done if you enjoy the genre
    STAY - Puzzle game. I haven’t played far into this, but the puzzles really push you mentally and the concept of the game tracking when you stop playing can make it addictive to keep going so you don’t leave your friend alone.
    Z-Axis Continuum - Rotational platformer. Rather than jumping, you ability to climb has more to do with rotating the level around you. The puzzling can be tough, but once you understand the level it can be a fun test of your speed running ability

Those are some that I think are worth checking out. But obviously, just one opinion. I’m sure some people might disagree though
  • ArkzeinArkzein291,359
    Posted on 04 October 18 at 07:44, Edited on 04 October 18 at 07:51 by ArkzeinPermalink
    Calrethi said:
    IRISH PATRIOT x said:
    RadiantViper said:
    Might get Asdivine Hearts since I've seen a few people recommending it :)
    I was just thinking the same.
    Get it- if you enjoyed old school rpgs you will love it.

Writing is cringy, but that is what it should be tbh.
    Played through the whole game twice on two profiles and I will happily buy every game the Dev churns out
    Definitely tickles the JRPG nostalgia sweet spot, but objectively it's a pretty average game when compared to some of the true classics of the genre (and many of the 16 bit era).

If you're a fan of them though, well worth picking up, as are all of the Kemco games. Good for passing the time (especially if you like have the option of achievements on the PC). Nothing wrong with a comfortable, familiar, middle of the road rpg.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,060,464
    Posted on 04 October 18 at 13:09Permalink
    Send me a Live message if you need somebody to get the 65(!) arguments completed for Oh Sir Hollywood Roast. I'm certain there is no way to get that achievement legitimately.
    Brooks
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.