Game Discussion: Neverwinter Forum

Changes coming to Soshenstar Loot Tables + Hunt Drop Rate

AuthorMessage
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 02 October 18 at 22:20
https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/9kukgn/we_are_...

From noworriesdev

"Achievements/Trophies are a part of most mods and as far as I'm aware, will continue to be.

The +5 ring achievement was a bit... brutal. We've made the note to not make future achievements that are that hard/random based to complete.

That said, we've also taken a look at the Chult/Omu hunt drop rates for M15 and made some improvements. A trophy should always be rewarded now and some of the other drop rates have been bumped up. Overall it should be a bit less painful to grind that content now."
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 03 October 18 at 02:01
The real question is how bumped up another .01 percentage seems right with cryptic
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 03 October 18 at 22:36, Edited on 03 October 18 at 22:37 by LV 1 Blue Slime
I was holding off because I read they might do something once the gear was "obsolete", but that doesn't sound like too big of a change. I guess I'll check the comments on the +5 ring solution in a month and see if people think it helps a lot.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
AdmiralMoo
AdmiralMoo
Posted on 03 October 18 at 23:28
Mod 15 won't be live on console for another 4 months based on the usual trend of being ~3 months behind PC. But 100% trophy drops will be a pretty significant change even without modifying the ring drop rates. If nothing else i'd expect the cost of lures to be cut in half at minimum.
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 05 October 18 at 04:58
This is a case of too little too late. They shouldve just added a ring vendor to exchange a ring up to a maximum of 4 times. Even if the trophy drops every time you kill a rare mob, the rare mob spawn rates are absurdly low. Amd with Sosh River being a ghost town, mobs arent being cycled because there arent many people out there killing things. Then theres the fact that sheer RNG may screw you. My GM ran over 1000 split ti lures without an undead +5 drop. I've done 18 maps a week in Omu (3 toons 6 per toon) since Omu dropped and still dont have a +5 gravestalker.

Bottom line is this achievement was always absurd and they need to do more than just guarantee trophy drops to fix it.
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 05 October 18 at 16:48
Absolutely agree! I still have yet to get a +5 ring in Soshenstar. But if drop is guaranteed, I wonder if that means t2 and t3 pieces are guaranteed too.
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 05 October 18 at 18:32
I'd rather wait than pay millions of AD for soon to be obsolete plus 5 rings tbh.
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 08 October 18 at 18:22, Edited on 08 October 18 at 18:22 by MathNotEvenOnce
I've been farming and stockpiling. Somehow got my first Soshenstar +5 last night. Got the Undead Slayer ring. I should've saved them for m15, but hey, I'm not going to complain. Already sitting on like 30+ spli-ti ribs, so I don't really need that trophy drop either.

Hoping the rest go this smoothly now.
Killersquirelz
Posted on 09 October 18 at 04:09
LifeExpectancy said:
This is a case of too little too late. They shouldve just added a ring vendor to exchange a ring up to a maximum of 4 times. Even if the trophy drops every time you kill a rare mob, the rare mob spawn rates are absurdly low. Amd with Sosh River being a ghost town, mobs arent being cycled because there arent many people out there killing things. Then theres the fact that sheer RNG may screw you. My GM ran over 1000 split ti lures without an undead +5 drop. I've done 18 maps a week in Omu (3 toons 6 per toon) since Omu dropped and still dont have a +5 gravestalker.

Bottom line is this achievement was always absurd and they need to do more than just guarantee trophy drops to fix it.
To be honest, this is far more of a massive change than I think people are really giving credit for, as long as the "Trophy drops every time" means not just from standard mobs, but from hunt mobs as well. One of the things that has made the Dino +5 ring so annoying isn't necessarily the drop rate of the ring, but more the spawn rate of Batiri Braves, the drop rate of Batiri trinkets, then the drop rate of the saddles as well when you use all the trinkets. You can farm and farm and pick up 20 trinkets, then use all 20 for Clawgraze and get 2 saddles (which has happened to me several times).

If we're now saying that all 20 of those trinkets are now going to be converted into saddles, which gives 20 straight chances at Sirrush, then that ring is going to be significantly easier to get, even if the drop rate for the ring itself only goes up a tiny amount. It's also going to be easier for people to get the T3 lure for their achievement as well, along with the Omu T3 achievement.

It's not perfect, and it's still going to be a grind compared to some of the other achievements in the game, but it's going to alleviate at least the frustration of farming Batiri Braves and not getting a trinket to drop, which has been a large part of the frustration during my time doing it. It's also not going to significantly cheapen the achievement for the people that already got it as say a "Just make the rings unbound so you can pass them around" might. As much as I'd like that solution so I didn't have to put in more work and could just take a guildies +5 for a second.

I feel you on that Gravestriker and Shadowstriker though. I've had four characters doing their patrols and Fane each week and still haven't seen a +5 for either, even though there's no achievement tied to it.
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 18 January 19 at 19:42
Loot Tables definitely have improved.

Higher rings drop more regularly.
Hunt mobs spawn about the same or slightly more, but they seem to drop their trophy more often (hour or two of farming last night yielded about 14 trophies).
Hunts always drop their trophy (e.g. Clawgraze Saddle) which means farming KOS and Sirrush are no longer a nightmare.
I got a Beast Slayer +5 off of one Arachne. (now 2/5 rings).

KOS lures are now averaging 6-8 SMOPs a piece by most people (still a few price gougers).
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 18 January 19 at 19:42
Additionally, Soshenstar doesn't seem polluted with snipers which helps
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 19 January 19 at 04:23
Just got +5 Dino and +5 Goblin Slayer tonight. +5 Beast last night. Now 4/5
Freysi
Freysi
Posted on 19 January 19 at 07:56
Oh that's great news. Looking forward to being able to jump back in soon.
fatjay4lisa
fatjay4lisa
Posted on 19 January 19 at 23:15
I had my achievement way before this mod released and in 3 days of farming with some guild mates this week we have had around 30+ 5's drop 17 were the beast one though lol were at the point where I'm just giving undead beast an yuant ti rings away to people in alliance so the drop rates have gone up massively and I feel for you on th omu rings especially knowing that 2 of my guild members pulled 2 gravestriker rings each this week
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 20 January 19 at 00:28, Edited on 21 January 19 at 19:59 by MathNotEvenOnce
fatjay4lisa said:
I had my achievement way before this mod released and in 3 days of farming with some guild mates this week we have had around 30+ 5's drop 17 were the beast one though lol were at the point where I'm just giving undead beast an yuant ti rings away to people in alliance so the drop rates have gone up massively and I feel for you on th omu rings especially knowing that 2 of my guild members pulled 2 gravestriker rings each this week
Yuan-Ti is last one I need. Any chance I could buy some lures off you? Finished!
Fuuldrin
Fuuldrin
Posted on 21 January 19 at 19:03
Yesterday with a friend we killed around 40 targets. 3 +5 rings dropped (including the dino ring), so we are pretty confident as well. Now it's time to farm some more t-rex -_-'
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 21 January 19 at 19:59
Best of luck Fuuldrin!
WudYaLo0kAtThat
Posted on 23 January 19 at 15:29
Anyone have any good trophy farming methods?
MathNotEvenOnce
Posted on 23 January 19 at 17:48, Edited on 23 January 19 at 18:01 by MathNotEvenOnce
The best way seems to have an ungrouped group of two or three. Focus on one type of trophy. E.g Batiri. The two or three of you will then do a staggered circle against mobs (you'll take first mob, 2nd person takes next mob and so on). If you find a rare mob, have the group come to you (stay ungrouped) and attack. Chance at 2 or 3 trophies (depending on how your squad uses them). This approach also helps mitigate sniping because the 3 of you will be controlling the spawns.

I hope that makes sense.

In about an hour 2 of us had 14 trinkets a few nights ago.

Also try and farm after 10pm PST. There's usually a much smaller amount of people to contend with.
WudYaLo0kAtThat
Posted on 23 January 19 at 18:16
Cool yeah that makes perfect sense! Thanks that's a really good idea.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.