Game Discussion: Fallout: New Vegas Forum

Game crashing...

AuthorMessage
mudder85
mudder85
Posted on 03 October 18 at 18:02
I have done all the research I can and can't come up with a reason why my game keeps crashing. I'm playing with a brand new Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition disc. I have tried to delete my old save and start a new game, cleared my cache, installed the game, even played offline... nothing has worked. I am desperate for help as I don't know what else I could do so I am hoping someone in the community has encountered this problem and has come up with a resolution. Thanks.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 03 October 18 at 18:25
Where exactly are the crashes happening? Is it consistent or at random times?
See You Space Cowboy...
mudder85
mudder85
Posted on 03 October 18 at 19:46
Random times not long after starting the game up
mudder85
mudder85
Posted on 05 October 18 at 03:42
Now its saying disc is unreadable when I start it up, cant even get into the game
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 07 October 18 at 15:20
It's a very unstable game at the best of times. I've endured probably dozens of crashes throughout my playthrough. It shouldn't be coming up with an unreadable disc error though. Was that while the game was installed or running off disc?
mudder85
mudder85
Posted on 08 October 18 at 18:00
installed
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 11 October 18 at 02:01
Do other disc games run fine on your Xbox?

Maybe your optical drive is malfunctioning or your NV disc is damaged. In which case you might have to buy a digital copy.
Posting from sunny Australia.
mudder85
mudder85
Posted on 12 October 18 at 08:05
Lockie said:
Do other disc games run fine on your Xbox?

Maybe your optical drive is malfunctioning or your NV disc is damaged. In which case you might have to buy a digital copy.
All my other games work fine and the disc is brand new, just opened the seal. Im thinking buying the digital version or maybe trying backwards compatibility on the one will work, hopefully.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.