Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

GoldenEye 007 Gameplay Trailer Released

• Posted on 19 October 11 at 22:40
    OMG NICE !!!
  • LSDintensityLSDintensity127,852
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 02:07
    ADaughen said:
    Malfeitor said:
    hawk syn said:
    I like how people forget that this is one of many fps that helped launch the genre so there could be halos and call of dutys.
    Exactly, and the majority of the people commenting on here never even played the multiplayer for the original Goldeneye... Honestly the multiplayer for the N64 version blows away most of the multiplayer in alot of games today.
    Before the original Goldeneye (1997) the major FPS were Wolfenstein (1992 - PC), DOOM (1993 - PC), and Quake (1996 - PC - first major multiplayer FPS).

Goldeneye was probably the first foray into FPS m-player many gamers had interaction with.

You are missing the point....I already know that Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, and DOOM were the first, but you misread the post, he simply stated that it was ONE of the first, he did not say it was the first. This also means that this game was one of the first GROUND breaking fps games that paved the way for many more games alike.
  • Posted on 20 October 11 at 02:08
    looks good
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven533,743
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 04:44
    Malfeitor said:
    hawk syn said:
    I like how people forget that this is one of many fps that helped launch the genre so there could be halos and call of dutys.
    Exactly, and the majority of the people commenting on here never even played the multiplayer for the original Goldeneye... Honestly the multiplayer for the N64 version blows away most of the multiplayer in alot of games today.
    You are both missing their points. After only six posts, you skip to generalizing that people are forgetting the past or never played the original.

It looks like Call of Duty because Activision is using one of Infinity Ward's game engines. Look it up if you think I'm wrong. Now, if this were a TRUE to the original remake, wouldn't the developer RARE need to be involved somehow? But, they are not attached to this project whatsoever, and what we get is an "imposter" of a game with the liscensed IP "GoldenEye" slapped on the cover.

What would I be happy with? The scrapped project for XBLA that RARE was developing before the Perfect Dark game came out. That game WAS GoldenEye... the one we all knew and loved, WITH FULL Live multiplayer, and they even kept the quad screen option for nostalgia. Even had the similar reticules for the guns....

If you watch this video on mute, you can't even tell what game it is, let alone that it's GoldenEye. I would have guessed Call of Duty as well.
  • SpyforhireSpyforhire73,375 73,375 GamerScore
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 05:34
    Feels like they are really milking the franchise here... I might just have to wait until 'Goldeneye 007 Revolutions' hits stores before I get back into the Bond series.
    *insert facepalm macro here*
  • xCRiMZoNxxCRiMZoNx327,383
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 08:27
    The video was cool; the game looks like it will be fun. I don’t think a remake will do the Original N64 version justice. I wish they could just release the original game on the XBLA like they did for Perfect Dark.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 October 11 at 19:34
    Looks a bit run of the mill. Hmmmm. Had high hopes for this but that just put me off a fair bit.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.