Game Discussion: BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360) Forum

Clash in the Clouds vs Xbox One

AuthorMessage
laserbearnshark
Posted on 10 October 18 at 13:38, Edited on 11 October 18 at 19:14 by laserbearnshark
Do NOT play Clash in the Clouds on Xbox One even though it is backward compatible if you don't want to break something or harm yourself.

First of all, I don't know if it happens on 360 because I haven't tried it because I don't have the said DLC on my 360.

So about a year ago I decided to get the Blue Ribbon Champ achievement because I finally got my hands on it due to a discount thanks to my boyfriend. I did not really like it, I've never liked challenge modes in games and I actually think they are a waste of time and money. Not to mention, sometimes them being so damn ridiculously hard, they easily ruin the experience and make me never want to go back and play a great story again. That's just my opinion, let's go back to the shitsorm.
So it was not too enjoyable to me, but I like getting 100% on my games so I thought it would be worth the effort. Little did I know, after playing for hours and getting blue ribbons and things like that, the game froze on me. I was pissed, but who cares, I can start again that is not a big deal. LITTLE DID I KNOW IT DELETED ALL THE PROGRESS I MADE IN CLASH IN THE CLOUDS AND PUT ME BACK TO THE VERY BEGINNING.
My ribbons, gone.
Upgrades, gone.
Everything. Back to zero.
I was very angry. I read about it online and saw it happened to other people too and that there's really nothing you can do about it. It's buggy. Accept it.
After not playing for months because of this bullshit, I started it again some days ago to finally get my well-deserved 100%. I decided to do everything I can in one day and leave the ribbons for the next day. Great plan.
I woke up, started up the game on my Xbox One at about 9 a.m. and kept playing with little breaks and one big break without quitting (I was afraid to quit because I did not want to lose my progress so I just ran it all day, but also saved in about every hour so that if it freezes or if I have to turn off my Xbox I only lose some progress) until like 9 p.m. when the universe once again turned its back on me. It froze again. I was praying to God to have my save. I didn't. It completely deleted everything I did that day. It was all for nothing. I got some achievements but only easier ones that can be obtained in some hours anyway. This time I was really very pissed but once again, there is really nothing to do about it, it happened, move on.
Then I might have given up on the blue ribbon achievement a little, but still I wanted to get everything I could, so yesterday I started it again for the third time. I was lucky, I played for some hours, it all went smoothly, I made good progress (I played every level enough times before to know what to do) then I got bored and saved through the book and quit so carefully that I have never in my life been more careful than in that moment.
And now today, BOOM. It happened again. I started up the game with high hopes, thought I was finally able to just continue without having to start over but no, not now, not yet, not in this life you don't.
Gone. Everything. Welcome to shitty time-wasting challenge mode plus content. Hold to pick up pistol. Free samples. No upgrades, no nothing just my anger and disappointment and the time I wasted which I am never ever getting back.
So thank you. Thank you team for making it possible and then never solving it. I love you. Please don't fix this ever just leave it like this. Thank you.

So final thoughts,

Don't forget to never play Clash in the Clouds on your Xbox One if you don't want to have a bad time. Or wasted time.
Don't forget to recommed it to your enemies. Let them have fun.

That is all I wanted to share, thank you if you read through and do not play Clash in the Clouds on Xbox One.

Clash in the Clouds on Xbox One -1/10
“Do not play Clash in the Clouds on Xbox One. Ever.” - Melinda
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 10 October 18 at 13:56
So when it freezes it wipes your progress even if you saved properly?

Guess when I get around to this I'll try it on 360 and back up my save on a separate device. Thanks for the heads up!
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 10 October 18 at 15:48
It's the worst achievement.

It's not fun. It's way harder than it needs to be.

Anyone who did it on the 360 or Xbox One version is an insane beast.

PS3/4 handles the save data differently. You can exploit the save files and pop the trophy by doing the same challenge over and over.

On Xbox you have no choice but to do it and dear God nothing about it is fun.

Just do yourself a favor and just forget about the completion.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 11 October 18 at 00:22, Edited on 11 October 18 at 00:22 by RadiantViper
"Forget about the completion"

Yeah, not really my style laugh I'll get it done some day.
bblcreator8790
Posted on 11 October 18 at 00:40, Edited on 11 October 18 at 00:42 by bblcreator8790
This achievement was a total pain, but this problem did not happen to me when playing on the 360. No idea why such a thing would happen.

If you want something worse, try the challenges in Dishonored if you haven't played that before. I would rather get the blue ribbons three times in this game than try to get the "Daredevil" and "By My Hand Alone" achievements in that game again.
TangerineGamer
TangerineGamer
Posted on 11 October 18 at 18:43
I never experienced this issue on the 360 version when played on the 360. Also, I didn't think it was that bad of an achievement to go for.
There are a lot of tips/videos to do the tougher ones, I was worried about it until I actually went for it. It's annoying when you have to go work your way to wave 14 only to fail the ribbon but there are worse/more annoying/harder achievements out there by far
Yours sincerely, TG
laserbearnshark
Posted on 11 October 18 at 19:10
Hey great news I still need those 2 in Dishonored.

Back to Bioshock, getting them Blue Ribbons is not hard it's only time consuming and I'm talking from experience. The more I played the easier the levels got. So don't be scared, be patient and most importantly, play it only on the 360.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.