Game Discussion: Just Cause 3

I'm missing a story-based achievement - going to reset but don't want to lose my

• Posted on 11 October 18 at 06:30Permalink
    Okay, so I have a bit of a dilemma. I've just collected my 65th achievement in this game, after getting 100% in all of the DLC as well as the base game. A couple months back, when I was playing through the campaign, my area was having issues with the broadband/network (common in Australia) so I think the achievement for the campaign mission "The Great Escape" didn't go through to the weird Xbox Live system they have for achievements.

This sets up an annoying fix for me. As it's in the third act, I'll have to play all the way through the campaign again to reach this mission and get the achievement. Now, as I've gotten 100% and done everything else I've needed to do, I'm happy to go back through and play the campaign again considering it was a while ago and I wouldn't mind playing it once more. But, I'd like to keep my 100% save in the process and come back to it after collecting the last achievement I need.

Is there a way that I can copy my save data over to external storage and bring it back after getting through a new game? If it's that simple, then what is the process?

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to collecting my first major completion no matter what the cost at this point.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,190,108
    Posted on 11 October 18 at 07:15, Edited on 11 October 18 at 07:15 by TheMaizePermalink
    theoretically you should be able to go offline, delete your local save, play through the campaign, finish the conditions. Go online again and have the achievement pop and your old save sync from the cloud.

The reason i say theoretically. Is that even though its how its supposed to work. I had huge issues with achievements that was "unlocked" offline...half of them sync, half of them dont.
    And seeing you originally missed the achievement due to connectionissues, i wouldnt think the chance was worth the time.

If you play it on a secondary xbox, and unlock it there. you might be able to sync your local savegame to cloud on your first xbox later. I know i have gotten the option a few times about wanting to sync from cloud, or load local save. Im not 100% sure what triggers it and what doesnt though
  • Twinkling82Twinkling82145,986
    Posted on 11 October 18 at 22:07Permalink
    I would try and copy the save over to a USB drive instead of doing the above. Then delete the save from local and cloud and play for the last achievement, so delete that save again and then copy over the 100% save.
    I will be playing video games at the retirement home when the time comes. If I can.
  • Posted on 11 October 18 at 23:21Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:
    copy the save over to a USB drive
    Yeah, this is what I was going to try originally before just checking if there was another way. I think with all the connectivity issues I wouldn't want to risk using the cloud save and just hoping it synced up. Thanks for the help, guys! Wish me luck
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,471
    Posted on 11 October 18 at 23:24Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:
    I would try and copy the save over to a USB drive
    Actually, I'm pretty sure you can't do that.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 02:57Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    Twinkling82 said:
    You can on X360, so I would be surprised if you cant on Xbox One, but then again, the basics of the One is different.

But I wouldn't want to do Maizes proposal if it was me and I could avoid it. Risking that the old 100% save was overwritten by the new, barely played, save. Cloud saves ARE looking at dates, not completion.
    I will be playing video games at the retirement home when the time comes. If I can.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,190,108
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 05:43, Edited on 12 October 18 at 05:44 by TheMaizePermalink
    Shinnizle said:
    Twinkling82 said:
    actually, you CAN by copying the entire game including saves to an external harddrive.
    But then we would have the same issue with cloud possibly overwriting, when you go back online.

Moving or backing up the local save is not an issue...but not knowing exactly what cloud will overwrite is
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 18:26Permalink
    That's why copying the save to an external drive of some kind, then delete local and cloud save, play, get the achievement, then delete local and cloud again, then copy over from external, and let it upload to the cloud.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,471
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 18:55Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:
    You can on X360, so I would be surprised if you cant on Xbox One, but then again, the basics of the One is different.
    Yes, you can on 360. But on X1 it won't let you move or copy your save file anywhere. Maybe you can copy the whole thing like TheMaize is saying, but I've never seen it done. I was under the impression that you could only copy game data and not save data.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 19:22Permalink
    Yeah looking an old reddit thread from 3 years ago yeah, backing the save up locally isn't an option. which goes for using the first method suggested - risking the 100% save in the proces, and personally, I hate that.
  • Posted on 14 October 18 at 05:44Permalink
    I just gave in and deleted the save - took two and a bit days to finally get the mission achievement! Probably never going to play this game again now just out of spite
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.