Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

September 2018 Delistings: Forza Horizon 2, Telltale, NBA, and Some Relistings

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 12 October 18 at 13:18
Five Xbox One games, two Xbox 360 Games on Demand, and a single XBLA title

Please click here to read the story: September 2018 Delistings: Forza Horizon 2, Telltale, NBA, and Some Relistings
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 12 October 18 at 13:25
So does that mean as I have the game and DLC all downloaded for Forza Horizon 2 I should be alright this time?
Legohead 1977
hm9197
hm9197
Posted on 12 October 18 at 13:28
If you already have the game installed, then yeah you're good!
Dubs187
Dubs187
Posted on 12 October 18 at 13:42
Nba playground is still on gamepass , i had no idea it got delisted. Still got 1 achievement left on that but been to lazy to do all the challenges.
SilentRich69
SilentRich69
Posted on 12 October 18 at 13:50
Legohead 1977 said:
So does that mean as I have the game and DLC all downloaded for Forza Horizon 2 I should be alright this time?
If you own the DLC you can redownload it all you want, its only an issue if you don't own it yet.
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 12 October 18 at 13:50
I'm surprised the Call of Juarez Arcade is really back!.
The page here is not yet updated.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 12 October 18 at 13:51
Dubs187 said:
Nba playground is still on gamepass , i had no idea it got delisted. Still got 1 achievement left on that but been to lazy to do all the challenges.
That is an odd one. The second one comes out next week I think. Doesn’t give me warm feelings about the sequel. I wasn’t excited about the sequel anyways with 2K buying it.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 12 October 18 at 14:03
Windows 10 version of TWD: Final season was also delisted, but again, hopefully temporary

The Walking Dead: The Final Season (Win 10) Achievements
Game On.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 12 October 18 at 14:04
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
Dubs187 said:
That is an odd one. The second one comes out next week I think. Doesn’t give me warm feelings about the sequel. I wasn’t excited about the sequel anyways with 2K buying it.
NBA Playgrounds was probably delisted to be replaced by a version published by 2K. We'll see if it comes back.
Erik Seidel
Erik Seidel
Posted on 12 October 18 at 14:09
SilentRich69 said:
Legohead 1977 said:
If you own the DLC you can redownload it all you want, its only an issue if you don't own it yet.
I don't think that's always correct. If you purchased and downloaded a season pass, you theoretically own all of the DLC that is included in the season pass, however if you never started the game and downloaded all the DLC that your season pass unlocks, you might not be able to do so once the game or DLC is delisted.

I don't know if that has changed on the Xbox One but I remember having a hard time downloading all DLC once Horizon 1 was delisted on Xbox 360 but luckily there was a workaround downloading the demo car packs that were still in the store at that time.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 12 October 18 at 14:17, Edited on 12 October 18 at 14:18 by Elite1111111111
Erik Seidel said:
I don't know if that has changed on the Xbox One but I remember having a hard time downloading all DLC once Horizon 1 was delisted on Xbox 360 but luckily there was a workaround downloading the demo car packs that were still in the store at that time.
I'm guessing your situation was just season pass issues. On the 360, season pass entitlements had to be downloaded through the game, as the 360 marketplace had no way to recognize entitlements. However, the in-game marketplace was screwed the entire lead-up to the delisting.

On the One, when you buy a bundle, everything goes to your 'Ready-to-install' so you don't have to deal with this.
Dingadilly
Dingadilly
Posted on 12 October 18 at 14:20
So the most official news we had for months regarding minecraft apple tv was " better together is coming" has now become " withdrawing support"
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 12 October 18 at 14:27
Who plays a Microsoft product on an Apple product?
Erik Seidel
Erik Seidel
Posted on 12 October 18 at 14:34
Elite1111111111 said:
Erik Seidel said:
I'm guessing your situation was just season pass issues. On the 360, season pass entitlements had to be downloaded through the game, as the 360 marketplace had no way to recognize entitlements. However, the in-game marketplace was screwed the entire lead-up to the delisting.
Yes, that's what I meant.

On the One, when you buy a bundle, everything goes to your 'Ready-to-install' so you don't have to deal with this.
I guessed that but wasn't sure. Thank you for claryfying.
RidiculousBox
RidiculousBox
Posted on 12 October 18 at 15:16
But I have just discovered happy dungeons when I saw game series called "Happy" where I only own Happy Wars...
Bobblehead Joe
Posted on 12 October 18 at 15:37
Maw N Paw said:
There are plenty of MS programs and games on iOS
Christoph 5782
Posted on 12 October 18 at 17:21
Maw N Paw said:
The people who use the Xbox App on their iPhones
Let's Go!
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 12 October 18 at 17:25
Great job, Xbox. Will never quite understand the point of removing games from the marketplace, especially when some are now gone forever.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 12 October 18 at 17:38, Edited on 12 October 18 at 17:39 by xPut Name Herex
A Dreadful Shot said:
Great job, Xbox. Will never quite understand the point of removing games from the marketplace, especially when some are now gone forever.
First thing to note: The publisher is responsible for delisting games from the marketplace, not Xbox/Microsoft (unless of course the publisher was Microsoft), so Microsoft has no say in the non-Microsoft titles being delisted.

It's mostly licensing which prevents the games from being sold any longer (after all, it's hardly financially viable to renew contracts for a game like NBA 2K14, and even Forza Horizon 2, when their sequels are out creating better revenue). This month does happen to have a couple special circumstances situations. We can quickly go through the games and see:

Forza Horizon 2: Licensing expired
NBA 2K14: Licensing expired
NBA Playgrounds: I am unaware of this title's reason
The Culling: Being delisted in preparation for major relaunch of the game with new business model
The Walking Dead: The Final Season: Publisher went bankrupt and sought to stop selling a product they might not be able to deliver on (which would open them up to lawsuits from purchasers).
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection: Unsure of this, probably licensing
Telltale Games' Poker Night 2: Licensing expired
Minecraft (Apple TV): Withdrawn support for title due to very low sales volume past and predicted.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 12 October 18 at 18:05
NBA Playgrounds: Self published by HB Studios. Publishing rights were bought by 2K.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.