Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

September 2018 Delistings: Forza Horizon 2, Telltale, NBA, and Some Relistings

• Posted on 12 October 18 at 18:15
    If you have nba playgrounds due to gamepass can you still play it? I haven’t started it but if I can get it done real quick then I will.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario878,146
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 18:34, Edited on 12 October 18 at 18:34 by JumboWario
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    Why Lego the Hobbit?! rights/music issue?!
    It was delisted a few months ago for unknown reasons. It's been relisted.
    Game On.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285453,872
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 20:25
    JACK O DIAMOND5 said:
    If you have nba playgrounds due to gamepass can you still play it? I haven’t started it but if I can get it done real quick then I will.
    I started it on my bean dive this month. Might have downloaded it before October though. It's not a fun game. I'm not looking forward to finishing it
  • Posted on 12 October 18 at 20:30
    EazyE2285 said:
    JACK O DIAMOND5 said:
    I started it on my bean dive this month. Might have downloaded it before October though. It's not a fun game. I'm not looking forward to finishing it
    To each their own but I didn’t find it a bad game at all. There were a couple challenges like getting so many steals or blocks that I disliked because you couldn’t play the game like you should to earn them. You had to quickly turn the ball over to get as many chances as you could get for whatever stat you were aiming at.
  • Vok 250Vok 250300,570
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 20:54
    SilentRich69 said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    So does that mean as I have the game and DLC all downloaded for Forza Horizon 2 I should be alright this time?
    If you own the DLC you can redownload it all you want, its only an issue if you don't own it yet.
    Unfortunately this hasn't proven to be universally true. If you previously purchased some rarer games or DLC on the 360 you will notice that they now appear as errors in your download and purchase history. On PC in the browser, purchase and download history for the 360 has been completely inaccessible for months now. MS's TOS doesn't guarantee you access to a game indefinitely, no matter what their PR reps say. Plus, their have been many bugs with the MS store over this generation, especially with GwG titles.

With that context, I don't blame people for being paranoid and/or confused.
  • Dubs187Dubs187782,852
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 20:57
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    JACK O DIAMOND5 said:
    To each their own but I didn’t find it a bad game at all. There were a couple challenges like getting so many steals or blocks that I disliked because you couldn’t play the game like you should to earn them. You had to quickly turn the ball over to get as many chances as you could get for whatever stat you were aiming at.
    It's kinda like NBA jam, I thought it was fun for awhile, very easy 900 gs. The last achievement is just annoying doing all challenges but very doable, I just need some patience to sit there and do them all.
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57817,605
    Posted on 12 October 18 at 21:04
    Dubs187 said:
    Nba playground is still on gamepass , i had no idea it got delisted. Still got 1 achievement left on that but been to lazy to do all the challenges.
    It's not laziness, challenges are just a major pain in the butt smile
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,001,655
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 02:14
    Noooo I had NBA Playgrounds on my wishlist, darn. Also that's a bummer about DBZ Budokai as that game is pretty underrated imo. One day I'll get around to getting the last few achievements in it laugh
  • Tatl360Tatl360335,647
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 03:00, Edited on 13 October 18 at 03:00 by Tatl360
    Vok 250 said:
    SilentRich69 said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    So does that mean as I have the game and DLC all downloaded for Forza Horizon 2 I should be alright this time?
    If you own the DLC you can redownload it all you want, its only an issue if you don't own it yet.
    Unfortunately this hasn't proven to be universally true. If you previously purchased some rarer games or DLC on the 360 you will notice that they now appear as errors in your download and purchase history. On PC in the browser, purchase and download history for the 360 has been completely inaccessible for months now. MS's TOS doesn't guarantee you access to a game indefinitely, no matter what their PR reps say. Plus, their have been many bugs with the MS store over this generation, especially with GwG titles.

With that context, I don't blame people for being paranoid and/or confused.
    I guess a lot of external hard drives might be a solution. headspin
  • Crazie IrishCrazie Irish510,826
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 03:24
    Can anyone confirm if NBA Playgrounds still be purchased via Game Pass?
    She's. Fast enough. For you. Old man.
  • Warboy925Warboy925381,930
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 04:02
    Dubs187 said:
    Nba playground is still on gamepass , i had no idea it got delisted. Still got 1 achievement left on that but been to lazy to do all the challenges.
    Wow, I was just about to buy it but I saw it was already gone!! May grab game pass just for that at least
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo262,261
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 04:18
    If a game is delisted and you get the physical copy, does that you mean there are no available updates or bug fixes the release version might have had?
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • RomerNakataRomerNakata134,202
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 04:42
    Still hoping to see news of Trials: Evolution being relisted.
  • EthigyEthigy823,846
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 05:47
    xPut Name Herex said:
    First thing to note: The publisher is responsible for delisting games from the marketplace, not Xbox/Microsoft (unless of course the publisher was Microsoft), so Microsoft has no say in the non-Microsoft titles being delisted.

It's mostly licensing which prevents the games from being sold any longer (after all, it's hardly financially viable to renew contracts for a game like NBA 2K14, and even Forza Horizon 2, when their sequels are out creating better revenue). This month does happen to have a couple special circumstances situations. We can quickly go through the games and see:

Forza Horizon 2: Licensing expired
    NBA 2K14: Licensing expired
    NBA Playgrounds: I am unaware of this title's reason
    The Culling: Being delisted in preparation for major relaunch of the game with new business model
    The Walking Dead: The Final Season: Publisher went bankrupt and sought to stop selling a product they might not be able to deliver on (which would open them up to lawsuits from purchasers).
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection: Unsure of this, probably licensing
    Telltale Games' Poker Night 2: Licensing expired
    Minecraft (Apple TV): Withdrawn support for title due to very low sales volume past and predicted.
    Well, that’s good to know. It’s just unfortunate things like that have to happen.
  • notion3000notion3000454,764
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 08:13, Edited on 13 October 18 at 08:13 by notion3000
    Warboy925 said:
    Dubs187 said:
    Wow, I was just about to buy it but I saw it was already gone!! May grab game pass just for that at least
    I did just that 9 hours ago. Yes, NBA Playgrounds is still available to install via game pass but I wonder how long for. My best guess is till the end of the month unless it gets relisted with 2k's name on it as they have rights to NBA Playgrounds 2.
  • HallinskioiHallinskioi326,798
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 09:46
    RomerNakata said:
    You and me both.
  • notion3000notion3000454,764
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 11:16, Edited on 13 October 18 at 11:21 by notion3000
    Hallinskioi said:
    RomerNakata said:
    You and me both.
    I bought Trials Evolution in July this year by purchasing a digital code from game.co.uk. It works absolutely fine.
  • KnoellKnoell404,957
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 11:48
    JumboWario said:
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    Why Lego the Hobbit?! rights/music issue?!
    It was delisted a few months ago for unknown reasons. It's been relisted.
    And I went out and bought a physical copy just in case too. facepalm
  • Stealth DavidStealth David2,769,128
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 17:56
    What a shocker Horizon 2 being delisted shock
    If you have AmazonPrime you can link it to Twitch and subscribe for free I do loads of giveaways each month please consider dropping it on my channel!
  • Tatl360Tatl360335,647
    Posted on 13 October 18 at 20:58
    MugenKairo said:
    If a game is delisted and you get the physical copy, does that you mean there are no available updates or bug fixes the release version might have had?
    The updates will prompt if you are connected when starting in a console without them.
    "Delisted" is just from the digital store. Some games never had a digital version.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.