Game Discussion: Crysis 2

Servers are still up and running! How long is a mystery!

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 October 18 at 21:10, Edited on 13 October 18 at 21:12 by
    Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the previous posts, I said I would update on the servers.

Since after 2 days of the alleged closure, the servers are still up and running but for how long is not fully known.

When I went on the game yesterday, I was expecting an error message saying “EA Servers not available at the moment please try again later” when clicking multiplayer but I was immediately put into the multiplayer mode.

As I was browsing around, it asked about my EA account which suggested to me that this must have been taken down as part of their service because I never made an account for Crysis back when I started this game.

Also I noticed when I was in the multiplayer screen, I saw on the top right that it said “Crysis 2 servers are not available” but yet I was still in the lobby regardless. I tried to search for a game and I was the only one in the lobby as expected.

There recently was a 360 server maintenance as several bunch of 360 games was affected the last couple of weeks so I’m not sure whether this had any effect but my overall assumption is that EA may be delaying the servers for a bit.

So any gamers reading this, the servers are still operational but it MAY GO OFF ANYTIME SO ONLY START AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I will check back on this game once a week to check the status of the servers.

Maybe they closed some other service that was on the game? Hard to tell to be honest but hopefully the servers go on at least until new year so you all can get this achievement -
    Crysis 2DedicationThe Dedication achievement in Crysis 2 worth 71 pointsPlay online 6 months after your first time

Also here is the link to all the 360 games that were affected the last month and the 360 maintenance took place a few days ago - Leaderboards Not Tracking/Updating for Multiple Xbox 360 Games

Best of luck to all of you!

REMEMBER THE SERVERS MAY GO OFF ANYTIME SO ONLY START AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
    Suleman
  • Matty to tha GMatty to tha G2,093,304
    Posted on 14 October 18 at 22:56
    It's a miracle for those of us who didn't finish before the shutdown date, so let's get some sessions going!
    tempus edax rerum
  • BalnazzardBalnazzard190,129
    Posted on 15 October 18 at 09:49, Edited on 15 October 18 at 10:12 by Balnazzard
    Well I just hope that the servers will stay up until January....thats the only way some of us will get Dedication, as apparently the bug that allows you to get that achievement when year changes is still there.

Anyhow wasnt there similar cases recently with games such as GRAW 2 and Batman: Arhkham Origins as well? In my understanding everyone was expecting the servers for those games to shut down, yet this was not the case, but rather just some online functions were taken down/not working anymore, but nothing that would you preventing from getting achievements.

Anyhow in some cases I have seen that there has been merely a delay of few days to couple of weeks at most before servers have closed down, so I quess we have to just wait and see. From what I understood from EA's message it seemed pretty clear that with Crysis 2 the multiplayer would not be available anymore at all and I cant recall any other EA titles, where multiplayer servers would have been left running despite the announcement of server closure.

PS. I just checked on that online petition on EA forum that was made by Playstation 3 players, and according to that the servers on the PS3 version are indeed down....which makes it even more odd that Xbox 360 servers are still up and running....
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 October 18 at 16:34
    Balnazzard said:
    Well I just hope that the servers will stay up until January....thats the only way some of us will get Dedication, as apparently the bug that allows you to get that achievement when year changes is still there.

Anyhow wasnt there similar cases recently with games such as GRAW 2 and Batman: Arhkham Origins as well? In my understanding everyone was expecting the servers for those games to shut down, yet this was not the case, but rather just some online functions were taken down/not working anymore, but nothing that would you preventing from getting achievements.

Anyhow in some cases I have seen that there has been merely a delay of few days to couple of weeks at most before servers have closed down, so I quess we have to just wait and see. From what I understood from EA's message it seemed pretty clear that with Crysis 2 the multiplayer would not be available anymore at all and I cant recall any other EA titles, where multiplayer servers would have been left running despite the announcement of server closure.

PS. I just checked on that online petition on EA forum that was made by Playstation 3 players, and according to that the servers on the PS3 version are indeed down....which makes it even more odd that Xbox 360 servers are still up and running....
    Batman Arkham Origins servers are P2P. Warner Brothers shutdown the account creating/linking server which everyone thought was the overall multiplayer which wasn’t the case. So Arkham Origins will forever be possible to complete as long as Microsoft keeps their servers for 360 up and running.

Ubisoft games have had a habit of only shutting down their in game rewards which was the case for as you mentioned, GRAW 2 and R.U.S.E. Also Graw will always be possible to compete as there is system link.

However, I still stand by my firm opinion about EA are delaying the servers because I have seen videos online already about people posting clips of not being able to access multiplayer for PS3 version so this is honestly a merely case of a delay.

All we can do now is wait and see what happens but I really would like to know myself if there has been any sufficient changes due to some maintenance in the recent events.

Only time can tell now...
    Suleman
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads