Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Forum

Child of Poseidon achievement not unlocking

AuthorMessage
TK Art Nor
TK Art Nor
Posted on 14 October 18 at 09:55
Child of Poseidon is the last achievement i'm missing, and it doesn't want to give me those 15 points.
I've found and completed all 42 underwater locations, and any quests related to said locations.
I've loaded up my game after the last two updates, restarted my xbox multiple times, double checked each location while following two guides. And nothing happens.

Anyone else having trouble with this one?
Is there some secret 43rd location in the sea, that's not mentioned in the guides and doesn't have a question mark?

Usually wouldn't mind, but it's the last achievement so a bit annoyed.
Im Vendy
Im Vendy
Posted on 14 October 18 at 10:12
I used this map and got it done on my first sweep. There are a few semi hidden ones, so maybe this map will help :)

http://www.powerpyx.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-all-underwat...
TK Art Nor
TK Art Nor
Posted on 14 October 18 at 10:31
Im Vendy said:
I used this map and got it done on my first sweep. There are a few semi hidden ones, so maybe this map will help :)

http://www.powerpyx.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-all-underwat...
That's the one I used on my first runthrough of the locations, also double checked with the same guide.
Thank you though :)

Probably just unlucky, not like this is the first time achivements doesn't unlock when requirements are met. Maybe the location counter got messed up when the game crashed or something, I don't know how these things work. Might do another playthrough when we get some dlc, and hopefully unlock it.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 14 October 18 at 16:11
Are you 100% positive you've done them all including the Ports and the 1 animal location with the Shark?
TK Art Nor
TK Art Nor
Posted on 14 October 18 at 20:30
XBox Assassin83 said:
Are you 100% positive you've done them all including the Ports and the 1 animal location with the Shark?
Yes 42/42, went through them again now. I've killed the alpha shark and uncovered most coastline questionmarks. Might be some ports left, but they're not part of the requirements for the achievement, so that would be weird. Still gonna try though :)
HitchyNZ
HitchyNZ
Posted on 23 October 18 at 03:35
seems strange as used the powerpyx guide as well and ensured all of them was ticked on the map, may want to try switching to uncompleted locations in game and check against the guide. only ones to show are ones you haven't taken all the loot from.
TK Art Nor
TK Art Nor
Posted on 23 October 18 at 11:40
I've tried everything at this point. And several others around the web have had problems with this and other achievements in the game, so there's definitely some bugs. Ubisoft should be aware of it as multiple people, myself included, have contacted support (no answer for me yet though).
Latest update didn't fix it, so i'm just gonna boot it up every time there's a new update and see if it pops. Otherwise i'm done with the game until dlc comes out.
TK Art Nor
TK Art Nor
Posted on 24 October 18 at 08:46
So I got a reply from support today. They are definitely aware of the issue, but there's no fix coming yet, as they're working on quest related bugs and such for the next update. Hopefully we'll have a fix within the next couple of updates.
Apostle92627
Apostle92627
Posted on 25 October 18 at 04:06
HitchyNZ said:
seems strange as used the powerpyx guide as well and ensured all of them was ticked on the map, may want to try switching to uncompleted locations in game and check against the guide. only ones to show are ones you haven't taken all the loot from.
Yeah, I used it as well and found three I hadn't found yet. I got the achievement when I finished the last one.
Apostle92627
Apostle92627
Posted on 26 October 18 at 16:47
TK Art Nor said:
XBox Assassin83 said:
Yes 42/42, went through them again now. I've killed the alpha shark and uncovered most coastline questionmarks. Might be some ports left, but they're not part of the requirements for the achievement, so that would be weird. Still gonna try though :)
The ports and shark do NOT count toward this achievement. I got it before fighting the shark (which I fought just now).
zaingunsman
zaingunsman
Posted on 30 October 18 at 14:42
I had the same issue up until I completed a quest. I am unsure if the quest bypassed the glitch or if the achievement I got from doing the quest did but something moved it along.
fenderbender234
Posted on 03 November 18 at 00:36
Zaingunsman, what quest did you complete the make this work? I just completed all 42 locations and the achievement hasn’t popped for me. I did double check all of them to make sure I wasn’t missing any objectives. It is important tho to note that the submerged Minoan palace on the guide says there are 2 chests in that area, while mine shows it completed with 1/1 chests. Not sure what’s going on with this achievement but if a quest is the answer I will gladly do it

Side note, I have done the quest ‘we are not thieves’ for the submerged Minoan palace, but I heard there were other quests related to underwater objectives that I may not have done.
Rafael D Arroyo
Posted on 05 November 18 at 02:08
TK Art Nor said:
So I got a reply from support today. They are definitely aware of the issue, but there's no fix coming yet, as they're working on quest related bugs and such for the next update. Hopefully we'll have a fix within the next couple of updates.
Thats good to hear, I bet its just a matter of time then, there's a bunch of DLC coming out and if they are aware of what's happening a fix is coming for sure
TK Art Nor
TK Art Nor
Posted on 29 November 18 at 20:33
Finally got it after the latest patch. Just loaded my save, and pop!
Hopefully fixed for everyone now.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 30 November 18 at 03:25
That's good to hear it's working now. Been playing it for the last week and enjoying it quite a bit.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 30 November 18 at 08:49
Fixed in 1.1.0
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.